SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2001, 05:56 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Superman Jet Rally

Even though no electrics were flowen while I was there, There was a beautiful electric powered commercial plane with 4 480's. It was an excellent job. It was great seeing Ron and the other E-Zoners, a fantastic day, and I enjoyed watching the jets and piolots. Those guys were good!! Only one "Drive of Shame" to recover a plane while I was there. (Ron, how about a golf cart at St. Genivive fly in so I can recover my planes faster?? )
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2001, 12:58 AM
Corvallis, OR
Joined Mar 2000
1,164 Posts
Don't worry Don...you'll get lots of help.

Good to see you, Kevin (Murray), Brad, Keith, and Alan (Ezoners).

I left at 2pm. I've seen most of the models there from last year.
I thought the Concorde wa going to fly this year but... .
Did they ever fly that electric DC-8?

Ron
electricrcflyer is offline Find More Posts by electricrcflyer
Old Oct 08, 2001, 02:03 PM
O'Fallon, MO USA
Joined Dec 1999
1,416 Posts
Ron,
I also left at about 2 pm. One of my friends told me that the DC-8 and an EJF A-10 both flew after 5pm. The Electrics had to wait until the normal Event time was over.

Brad
byoung is offline Find More Posts by byoung
Old Oct 08, 2001, 02:20 PM
p471701
n/a Posts
maybe some day edf's won't be regulated to afterhours flying at that event
on the west coast you don't see as much of that. the jet rallies iv'e attended either welcome edf's or at least tolerate them. quite a few turbine guys will come and ask questions about our e flight set ups.........................................gregg
Old Oct 08, 2001, 03:30 PM
jks
Omaha, NE USA
Joined Jan 2000
20 Posts
EDF's could only fly before 9 and after 5. Ivan M. had his Gnat there, but didn't fly it. The A-10 was a scratch bult, speed 300 version (mine) and flew 3 times. Its funny that some of these guys who come with $20K aircraft still get a kick out of a little plane like that. I got several positive comments.

The $65 enty fee was a little tough to stomach.

The DC 8 was extremely cool and flew very scale. It presents itself well in the air.

Also one of the Kyosho F-86's (glow) flew several times, even in heavy wind and did well. I think he modded the inlet system.
My 2 cents on it all,
Jim
jks is offline Find More Posts by jks
Old Oct 08, 2001, 05:39 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,988 Posts
EDF at jet rallies

The Arizona Jet Rally has a special time for EDF in the morning, 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM. (Due to noise concerns) but after 9:00 AM all jets including EDF are welcome to fly. We have glow, turbine and electric all flying together with no problems at all. Last year we had over 30 plus EDF jets. In fact I think we out numbered the glow jets. This year there will be number of large EDF a couple of Airworld ME-262, EJF F-86 and P-80 plus others. The fees are less expensive. $25.00 to $35.00 (depending on shirt option) Dates are Nov. 16 th thru the 18th. See you there!
Bob Ruff
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Oct 08, 2001, 06:32 PM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,850 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a good time. My question, did the German guys show up with the HUGE MiG-29 and Typhoon (EF2000) again? I hope they had better luck this time, loosing a wing LE flap inflight (which also struck the vertical) and landing it safely was impressive.

Also Bob is right AzJR is VERY EDF friendly. They even had an area that allowed bungee launches but we know that the Az Crew are ROG fans but they had all the bases covered! I must go there again (maybe next year) but I will mail them (Robert or Bob) my jets to avoid any hassles.
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
Old Oct 08, 2001, 08:04 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Customs wouldn't let the German guys bring their planes in. Ron, thanks for the offer but I was hoping for a ride across that big field of yours.... Looking forward to your event!
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims