HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by gluemaster, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:58 AM
Cub-O-Holic
Deltona, FL
Joined Dec 2006
587 Posts
Discussion
Getting closer

Well I was kinda hoping for a maiden this weekend but it may have to wait. I have everything hooked up and working, just need to set the control throws. I still have to check the power system to make sure she'll have enough power and I also need to install the dummy cylinders. I will be using the ones from my Herr Cub but since there is only one side I need to make the other side and paint them. I am pretty happy with the overall quality of this model but I did make a few changes as seen in the photos. My latest addition are the supports going from the instrument panel to the bulkhead at the wing mount. I was going to add a step and a pilot but can't find any good pictures of a step and a pilot will make it too heavy.
gluemaster is offline Find More Posts by gluemaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:27 AM
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2009
283 Posts
Looks great! Cubs are awesome, I'm hooked on flying my Goldberg Anniversary Cub at the field. Everyone else seems to love Extras, Edges, Yaks, etc., but there's just something about flying a Cub that is so relaxing and rewarding.

Good luck on the maiden!

Mark
Scirocco14 is offline Find More Posts by Scirocco14
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:54 AM
Cub-O-Holic
Deltona, FL
Joined Dec 2006
587 Posts
Thanks, I won this thing off the Bay for less than $40.00 with the intent to resell it but once I opened the thing I had to keep it, so now I have to sell my Flyzone cessna. This thing came with a JR receiver, all of the servos and even a speed controller. I could have used the brushed motor and gear box that came with it but I don't really care for gearboxes so I robbed the motor and controller out of the Cessna. As for the Cub thing, this one makes five total. I have two Hangar 9 Cubs, the original 80" version with a Saito 56 and the newer 80" that was a Plug and Play that had an Evolution 46 on it but now has a Saito 72, I have a World Models Clipped Wing Cub 48 with a Saito 56 on it that I just had to repair after I nosed it into the asphalt after tip-stalling on landing, a Herr 1/2 A Cub that needs to be finished and now this one. I just can't seem to get enough of them I guess because they all fly just a bit different.
gluemaster is offline Find More Posts by gluemaster