HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2011, 12:27 AM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Feb 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Wow, I thought it was FPV for sure, do you use `Carefree' feature?
Great colours and such a beutiful area

Simon
Simon, I didn't use "Carefree" - because it seems for me not so confident. For colors - thank you mr. Canon 5D
The area - this is mountain plato in Crimea (Ukraine).
Thank you,

Andrei
AndrKolom is offline Find More Posts by AndrKolom
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2011, 12:35 AM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Feb 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin4 View Post
Could post a picture of your kopter
Some last photos of my copter.
AndrKolom is offline Find More Posts by AndrKolom
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:16 AM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
sony cx550 successfully tested to work with mk. good built-in stab, but very sensitive to high freq vibes, so needs some very fine tuning/balancing. in any case here is result without any SW stabilizations.
http://vimeo.com/22137766

cheers
Dimitri
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:39 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,040 Posts
well done both of you! wow you really give me something to strive for!

Dimitri can you post some pics of the setup please?

Thanks!
Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Last edited by saabguyspg; Apr 09, 2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:48 AM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Thanks Steve, will take some pics on monday, out of my hangar for now)
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Apr 09, 2011, 12:37 PM
Stavern/Larvik - Norway
Joined Dec 2008
797 Posts
hi

I must say im really impressed with both of your videos, and how vibrationfree they are.

If any of you have tips on how to get rid of vibrations, please share
robin4 is offline Find More Posts by robin4
Old Apr 09, 2011, 05:56 PM
Flying Kiwi
Wellington, NZ
Joined Apr 2005
778 Posts
Thanks for posting your rig Andrei...

Can you describe how the dampners on your mount are set up and working for you ?

Cheers

Simon
booma is offline Find More Posts by booma
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:31 AM
Joined Dec 2005
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrKolom View Post
Nice setup! Amazing video!
nikivan is offline Find More Posts by nikivan
Old Apr 10, 2011, 09:57 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,558 Posts
I was out yesterday testing PH and CH. My first attempt at PH had 100% gps gain(default) so I turned it down and I'm at 70% now. It held a position very well in a slight breeze. I went out about 35m and turned on CH and it flew a straight line back home, through a crosswind. It was a thing of beauty.

I'm also using acoustic vario and am finding it very sensitive. I have it selected to a switch and my setpoint is 0 (automatic). Now when I get it to a hover and turn on altitude hold, it drops and beeps that I'm below setpoint. I need to add more throttle to get it to hover again. Should I find my hover point in MKtools and then set it to that number? I must be doing something wrong. Once the throttle is set it will go up and down some in my setpoint range. If I yaw and it's not perfect, I come off setpoint and then I find myself fighting to get a solid beep. Is there a small deadzone around the setpoint to prevent this from happening? Any help would be appreciated.

Brian.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:21 AM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrKolom View Post
very nice video andrkolom. Its very hard to do that without fpv.

is your mount made from plywood

@mitmit, nice video too. sonys hd are the best on built in stabilization hd cameras
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:48 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
I was out yesterday testing PH and CH. My first attempt at PH had 100% gps gain(default) so I turned it down and I'm at 70% now. It held a position very well in a slight breeze. I went out about 35m and turned on CH and it flew a straight line back home, through a crosswind. It was a thing of beauty.

I'm also using acoustic vario and am finding it very sensitive. I have it selected to a switch and my setpoint is 0 (automatic). Now when I get it to a hover and turn on altitude hold, it drops and beeps that I'm below setpoint. I need to add more throttle to get it to hover again. Should I find my hover point in MKtools and then set it to that number? I must be doing something wrong. Once the throttle is set it will go up and down some in my setpoint range. If I yaw and it's not perfect, I come off setpoint and then I find myself fighting to get a solid beep. Is there a small deadzone around the setpoint to prevent this from happening? Any help would be appreciated.

Brian.
Set you hover variation lower.. To like 3-4 %... Set your setpoint to 120 and adjust your max gas and PWM scaling ( under the bl's, set it to the same value as max gas) to make your hoverpoint be 120 (mid throttle stick).
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:28 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizprod View Post
Set you hover variation lower.. To like 3-4 %... Set your setpoint to 120 and adjust your max gas and PWM scaling ( under the bl's, set it to the same value as max gas) to make your hoverpoint be 120 (mid throttle stick).
hi

where is PWM scaling? not seen that before in MK tools

thanks

Josh
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Apr 10, 2011, 03:53 PM
Joined Mar 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
hi

where is PWM scaling? not seen that before in MK tools

thanks

Josh
Probably one of those ones you have to hit ALT to see?
And I think it's for the new 2.0 ESCS only, though I might be wrong on that one. If so, I'd expect it to be there but greyed out.
jim80 is offline Find More Posts by jim80
Old Apr 10, 2011, 04:34 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim80 View Post
Probably one of those ones you have to hit ALT to see?
And I think it's for the new 2.0 ESCS only, though I might be wrong on that one. If so, I'd expect it to be there but greyed out.
It does not support my controllers, 2.0 are the ones you can change in MKTools.

I put my setpoint to 120, changed error to 3%. I also set my tx travel adjust so I go from 0 to 240, so 120 is mid position. Is that about it? Not sure about max gas sugestion. What if my hover point is not mid position? If it drops when turned on, do I up my mid setpoint a bit until it stays in a hover without a change?
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Apr 10, 2011, 08:07 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,839 Posts
ACC error

Strange thing happened today. I was tinkering with altitude hold and GPS settings using the latest quad. The plan was to go to the beach to take some video with the new tilt/roll camera mount, but I never got that far. Probably just as well since it was overcast and gloomy.

The quad was flying great, and I landed, powered off, then went inside. I turned it back on to change a couple settings, and I got a hardware error that said the pitch ACC was bad. Sure enough, the Pitch ACC was reading 1018 while sitting level, though it still changed when I changed the pitch.

I took enough stuff apart to get to the top of the FC board so I could check the outputs with a meter. I was sure I'd find some out of whack number, but instead, they were perfectly normal around 1.5V. The next thought was to wonder if it had just lost it's calibration, so I did the ACC cal, and sure enough, it snapped right back to normal.

I've never noticed before, but the live ACC numbers have a number in parenthesis next to them, which is around 500. Best I can tell, that number is the actual number from the last cal, and the live number must be the difference between the cal reference and current reading. I probably should have realized it was a loss of cal, since the number in parenthesis was 4 rather than something close to 500. Pretty spooky to see a calibration get lost like that though.

For those inquiring minds, this is the latest software version, and V2.1 FC.

Rusty (almost done with the new web store)
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor