HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,958 Posts
if you dare to use the latest software release ;-)

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:14 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
if you dare to use the latest software release ;-)

Steve
I have no problems with it, what so ever... the problems I did have were my own fault..
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Last edited by wizprod; Nov 18, 2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:03 PM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizprod View Post
I have no problems with it, what so ever... the problems I did have were my own fault..
Yeah the new firmware really is nice, so far so good
About mixing, its now possible to just move the line to the front, within the mixing tab is this what you mean, so no more turning the board..

Simon

Is it possible to only supply the FC with 6volts instead of 12?
Will it still function correctly?
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
Last edited by simonjardine; Nov 18, 2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added question
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:45 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,958 Posts
the recom data sheet says 4.75 min voltage for it to work... I would hazard to guess yes that would work fine Simon.

I have been runnin .80g software now for a while on my quad... so far no worries but that is with the 2.0 escs and updated esc firmware... so far so good... do I trust it?.... mmmmm..... not sure yet.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:20 PM
Joined May 2010
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Yeah the new firmware really is nice, so far so good
About mixing, its now possible to just move the line to the front, within the mixing tab is this what you mean, so no more turning the board..

Simon

Yep! My quad is flying in X config now, using the turning of the line. Works like a charm.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:24 PM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
the recom data sheet says 4.75 min voltage for it to work... I would hazard to guess yes that would work fine Simon.

I have been runnin .80g software now for a while on my quad... so far no worries but that is with the 2.0 escs and updated esc firmware... so far so good... do I trust it?.... mmmmm..... not sure yet.

Steve
Thanks Steve, will let you know how it works out..
@Wizprod
Thats nice to know, that little line works well, save you turning the board around which was a right hassle. So you just grabbed the line and pointed it between the motors 1 and 3 cool
Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:40 AM
USA
Joined Aug 2009
795 Posts
amazing video! can you share your settings. I would really like to try to improve my MK's vibrations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsgodeep View Post
Just did a test flight with my new tilt-only camera mount. I was getting so sick of trying to get all the gitters out of my fully stabilized mount (due to servo jitter, etc.) that I though I would just try using tilt-only.
I was pleasantly surprised. No vibs at all. I didn't use any vibration dampening. I even tried it with 1080p30fps to see if I would get my normal jello effect....and there was none.

Here is a video with at 720p60fps zero processing - no deshaker.

Brent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNqnIdb4FHY
importon is offline Find More Posts by importon
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:29 AM
Joined Oct 2010
241 Posts
Hi,

I have a standard Oktokopter. Is there a way other than cutting the cables to turn the leds on the legs on and off?

There are two blue led strings on the back in one red in the front. I didn't build it myself so I don't really now this. The controls in MKtools seem to be for leds attached to the Flight Control board only? I believe mine are connected differently.

Thanks
hardhat is offline Find More Posts by hardhat
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:01 AM
Joined May 2010
1,151 Posts
For leds to blink you will need a transistor, and then wire the leds through that.

http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-13292.html <- here's the schematic. Remember that connection to j16 should be grounded/connected to batt - as well.
Last edited by wizprod; Nov 19, 2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:03 AM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltzman View Post
Thanks Vincent!

Well, the wheather is not excellent and the current place is my roof, but not 100% perfect due to walls. Do you know if you wee the satellite bars in MK Tools during the almenac build-up? Do you know of any way to reset the GPS module?

Thanks!

BR

Boltzman
Sorry for the late answer, that week was hectic.
Yes I do see the satellite bars in MK tool during the almanac build-up.
In fact if I remember well I had may be 4 satellites at a rather high level (line higher than middle of the window) and that was not enough apparently.
I tend to think that you should not try to reset GPS module unless you have done something very specific like try to reprogram it. I remember seeing something in the wiki about reseting it, but not sure where exactly.

Good luck,

Vincent
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:04 AM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltzman View Post
Hi Vincent!

Also, do you see a solid on green led on the MK GPS module during GPS fix/almenac build-up?
Thanks!

BR

Boltzman
As far as I remember yes!

Vincent
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:58 AM
Droner
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Mar 2006
2,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalik View Post
Hello All!

Introducing you remake of my quadro and new hexa.

Quadro was made for FPV and for GoPro flying as maximum.

Hexa was planed for video with heavy camera. It is only 1260g without camera mount, battaries and other electronics.
It was tested with 1250 grams of payload.
Flies good, but props are too small for it, I will think how to increase thrust.
http://www.helipal.com/airy-harden-blade-ii-ax-05.html

SebastianJ is offline Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:04 AM
Randburg
Joined Jul 2008
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Simon

Are you thinking to run the FC,GPS ect with 6V BEC? This means I could run 3S-6S for the ESC's (modified) but with FC 2.0 and no worries of blowing my board???
Ryan Thomas is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Thomas
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:33 AM
Joined Oct 2010
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizprod View Post
For leds to blink you will need a transistor, and then wire the leds through that.

http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-13292.html <- here's the schematic. Remember that connection to j16 should be grounded/connected to batt - as well.
I want to turn them off completely, not blink. I don't think they are connected through the pins j16 etc.
hardhat is offline Find More Posts by hardhat
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:40 AM
Ottawa
Joined Apr 2008
96 Posts
Oktokopter extra electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
Does anyone know of an elegant and flexible solution to store all the extra electronics on a Oktokopter?

Quite a lot of FPV electronics like the OSD, voltage regulator, current sensor that are now tie-rapped to the legs, but I would like them out of the way a bit more and protected..

Cant really go above the MK's GPS so probably a plastic container of some sort underneath?
What I did is machine plates that can be added to the periphery of the centerplate. Look at the picture. The plate is made of polycarbonate... It is light but very strong. Modules or small batteries can be attached with velcro or nylon ties. I;ll be happy to send you one or two if you wish. These will fit a hex or an octo.

Frederic
fcharp is offline Find More Posts by fcharp