HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:45 AM
Joined May 2010
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpersiani View Post
I had more or less the same problem.
First time I could get a GPS fix quite quickly.
Then next day no way to get a GPS fix, but weather was not so good.
The day after, weather was brilliant, still no fix. Everytime I was in my garden with a lot of high trees around (like for initial fix).
Anyway I went to a place with more space, thinking that my GPS was dead but that anyway I could fly a bit without it... and then after 30 sec in the air, heard the Beep! GPS fix OK!
So I am not sure but I would suggest you try a very clear place without high trees and building in the close vicinity... hopefully that's not already the case for you...

Vincent
Hi Vincent!

Also, do you see a solid on green led on the MK GPS module during GPS fix/almenac build-up?
Thanks!

BR

Boltzman
Boltzman is offline Find More Posts by Boltzman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:35 PM
Ottawa
Joined Apr 2008
96 Posts
Ok.. I am curious. How did you fit the IDG500 on the 2.0? Those gyros are much better, especially with vibration...

Frederic
fcharp is offline Find More Posts by fcharp
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:37 PM
Ottawa
Joined Apr 2008
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diem View Post
34cm frame, cf2822 engines, gws hd8040 (3blade), hk15-18 i2c, mk 2.0 with idg/isz500 gyros. Cheapest setup ever

Wizprod
Sorry for the repeat... My previous reply was not in context. As stated earlier, I am wondering how you interfaced the IDG500 with the 2.0 FC. The IDG is a better gyro with good tolerance to vibration... And yes, you can get it for cheap

Frederic
fcharp is offline Find More Posts by fcharp
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:14 PM
FPV Freak :)
Radzionkow, Poland
Joined Sep 2008
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Nice Toyota commercial! They should be paying you for this. Great production values. Very stable AP and good use of slow motion for emphasis.
Thanx, hopefully we will get some customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcharp View Post
Sorry for the repeat... My previous reply was not in context. As stated earlier, I am wondering how you interfaced the IDG500 with the 2.0 FC. The IDG is a better gyro with good tolerance to vibration... And yes, you can get it for cheap

Frederic
My friend adapted those gyros (mis_b). I use almost default MK settings and it flies perfect. I dont need any vibration dampers and i also dont see any differences with my mk 2.0 ADXR from mkshop.
diem is offline Find More Posts by diem
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:54 PM
Flying Canada's Arctic
Canada, NT, Fort Smith
Joined May 2010
511 Posts
Quote:
Some scenes with mikrokopter. Quad + gopro + FPV.
Wow, Nice work!
spydmobile is offline Find More Posts by spydmobile
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:25 PM
Joined Oct 2010
241 Posts
Where to leave all the extra electronics on Oktokopter?

Does anyone know of an elegant and flexible solution to store all the extra electronics on a Oktokopter?

Quite a lot of FPV electronics like the OSD, voltage regulator, current sensor that are now tie-rapped to the legs, but I would like them out of the way a bit more and protected..

Cant really go above the MK's GPS so probably a plastic container of some sort underneath?
hardhat is offline Find More Posts by hardhat
Old Nov 17, 2010, 03:14 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
Does anyone know of an elegant and flexible solution to store all the extra electronics on a Oktokopter?

Quite a lot of FPV electronics like the OSD, voltage regulator, current sensor that are now tie-rapped to the legs, but I would like them out of the way a bit more and protected..

Cant really go above the MK's GPS so probably a plastic container of some sort underneath?
Have the same challenge... the only somewhat elegant solution I can think of is to get another centerplate, and mount it underneath..
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Nov 17, 2010, 04:04 PM
Earth:\Ukraine\Kiev
Joined Sep 2010
62 Posts
Hello All!

Introducing you remake of my quadro and new hexa.

Quadro was made for FPV and for GoPro flying as maximum.

Hexa was planed for video with heavy camera. It is only 1260g without camera mount, battaries and other electronics.
It was tested with 1250 grams of payload.
Flies good, but props are too small for it, I will think how to increase thrust.
Vitalik is offline Find More Posts by Vitalik
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:22 PM
multi spinner
Joined Jun 2010
80 Posts
will these gps work with the mk navi. I remember seeing some one's MK in thread part one, with a none mk gps setup.
I have both of these gps board. would be great if they can work.

http://store.diydrones.com/GS407_U_B...-gps-gs407.htm

http://store.diydrones.com/MediaTek_.../mt3329-02.htm
tattootroy is offline Find More Posts by tattootroy
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:05 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Tilt only camera mount

Just did a test flight with my new tilt-only camera mount. I was getting so sick of trying to get all the gitters out of my fully stabilized mount (due to servo jitter, etc.) that I though I would just try using tilt-only.
I was pleasantly surprised. No vibs at all. I didn't use any vibration dampening. I even tried it with 1080p30fps to see if I would get my normal jello effect....and there was none.

Here is a video with at 720p60fps zero processing - no deshaker.

Brent

New tilt only mount (3 min 4 sec)
dmsgodeep is offline Find More Posts by dmsgodeep
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:18 PM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Quote:

My friend adapted those gyros (mis_b). I use almost default MK settings and it flies perfect. I dont need any vibration dampers and i also dont see any differences with my mk 2.0 ADXR from mkshop.
OK this is interesting , did you make your own MK 2.0 board? Can we see some pictures of your FC please :-)
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Nov 18, 2010, 03:22 AM
FPV Freak :)
Radzionkow, Poland
Joined Sep 2008
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
OK this is interesting , did you make your own MK 2.0 board? Can we see some pictures of your FC please :-)
There was mk board project avaible at mictronics.de, but it was deleted due to Holger's request

http://www.mictronics.de/2010/10/mik...oject-deleted/
diem is offline Find More Posts by diem
Last edited by diem; Jul 13, 2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:09 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,488 Posts
So the MK Quad will support "X" mode as well as "+" mode? I just received my Quad from Zoltan and would prefer to set it up in X mode. I put the frame together last night. My plan is to use the Dragon Link UHF and mount the antenna out the back like my Gaui quad. The X mode works better for this and gives a clear view up front.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:11 PM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
So the MK Quad will support "X" mode as well as "+" mode? I just received my Quad from Zoltan and would prefer to set it up in X mode. I put the frame together last night. My plan is to use the Dragon Link UHF and mount the antenna out the back like my Gaui quad. The X mode works better for this and gives a clear view up front.
Cool, just remember that the Flight controller board must be turned 45 degrees clockwise

Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:18 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Cool, just remember that the Flight controller board must be turned 45 degrees clockwise

Simon
No need to turn the board. You can turn the flying direction in MK tool (along with the nick/roll camera compensation)(in 15 deg increments). This will also automatically change the mix.
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod