Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:44 PM
Joined Mar 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotpearl View Post
Thanks Buffy. That sounds pretty reasonable. Any idea where to get those levels? I have one but I'd rather go to a store and buy them than order them.
I put my hexa (and quads, in fact) on a big plastic bucket - having leveled the bucket first.
The arms rest on the rim, landing gear etc inside the bucket.
Seemed the easiest way to me, having struggled with wedges under the landing gear etc.
I say bucket, it's actually an empty horse food container...
jim80 is offline Find More Posts by jim80
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:24 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post

I am wondering about those nice wooden motors, they are 5g lighter than the apc's in the 12x3.8 version and come in a multitude of sizes.
You're talking about the XOAR props right? I took a brief look through some of the US dealers, and never saw a pusher version. Has anyone ordered both versions from a US shop?

I've thought many times about using the CNC machine to make props. The problem (besides the nightmare of designing it) has been what to make them out of. Even the most appropriate wood is probably not ideal, and plastics are too heavy.

The only other thought would be to machine a mold for CF, but I'd have to lay up the CF, and you can forget that. (I despise working with fiberglass, and I'm sure CF is even worse).

If I can find some of those XOAR props I will certainly try them.

Rusty
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:50 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,959 Posts
what a marooon! I am sorry I meant props not motors....

yes I meant them.... I have emailed them to see if they have any pushers that match the sizes we commonly use but I think tritan as already contacted them.
At my elevation I have actually run 12" apc props on the turnigy 2217's and 4S with no problems.... I think becuas of the thinner air I can get away with that.... I want to order some 11" props and try them on the co-axial hexa...

I will email them tomorrow and see if I can't get some to me soon.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post
You're talking about the XOAR props right? I took a brief look through some of the US dealers, and never saw a pusher version. Has anyone ordered both versions from a US shop?

I've thought many times about using the CNC machine to make props. The problem (besides the nightmare of designing it) has been what to make them out of. Even the most appropriate wood is probably not ideal, and plastics are too heavy.

The only other thought would be to machine a mold for CF, but I'd have to lay up the CF, and you can forget that. (I despise working with fiberglass, and I'm sure CF is even worse).

Rusty
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Feb 14, 2011, 09:00 PM
Aerhead
MN
Joined Mar 2009
213 Posts
Props

Rusty

All you have to do to get the perfect prop isss. I hate it when it starts out what way because I know it going to be a lot of work.
My prop idea is no different. I have been playing with Vertran. It's not to hard to find and it has the perfect specs for a building props. Stronger and much more flexible then Kevlar and Graphic fiber. And maybe the best characteristic is it has very low creep. I have found some very good info on the web on how to mold your own props.
On a MK note, I'm working on my 24 motor MK I built in 2009 and trying to use new firmware for 8 motor. I know it really easy but I just can't see it. I see the octo graphics in the file for MK tool but how do you select the Flight controller firmware? All I find is one firmware and it only for a quad. I jusr know I'll look at it tomorrow and I see it right away. I finally found it, Alt settings.

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post

Rusty
Aerhead is offline Find More Posts by Aerhead
Last edited by Aerhead; Feb 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 09:27 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
Here is some 'bird' footage, hopping remotely onto the yellow container (GoPro tied directly to leg..):
Hardhat...very cool video.
Love the thought of "exploring" like that using FPV.
I'm impressed with your range. Can you tell me what video xmitter/receiver you are using and antenna, etc. I'm trying to increase my video signal range.

Thanks,
Brent
dmsgodeep is offline Find More Posts by dmsgodeep
Old Feb 15, 2011, 09:12 AM
Joined Oct 2010
241 Posts
I dunked half my Oktokopter in water, and now one motor is full of dried mud and running noisy. Can I open and clean it? How?

Brent, my range is limited by the battery, as long as i can come back. 1W video Tx and EzUHF is all very much overkill, others fly 10-30km away with that. With the Oktokopter I have never been further than 2km, and then I had to put it down early.. too much headwind. But I like the EzUHF because of the reception info/alarm I get in EzOSD, it goes down quickly when you get low or behind buildings. I did make a landing gear out of a single long strip of plastic tied into an oval, that gives it the bounce on landing. Works well in FPV as landing isn't always as smooth..
hardhat is offline Find More Posts by hardhat
Last edited by hardhat; Feb 15, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:19 PM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
752 Posts
can i ask something fast
if i wanna send waypoints to a hexa via laptop while the hexa flies ...

i need ONE Bluetooth-Modul F2M03GXA + BT-Adapter

https://www.mikrocontroller.com/inde...roducts_id=210

OR Two???
one in Kopter and one in Laptop...
or they work with One in kopter and connect the laptops embeded Bluetooth with the copter... i know that the range is limited but it might wrk.
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Feb 2011
3 Posts
250 meter limit of Navictrl board

Is there any progress on changing the 250 meter limit of setting waypoints. Did someone find a workaround to change this limit ?

Or in other words, does someone have idea on how much code they cjanged between version 0.15 and 0.22 in GPS.c

Metalman....
engineer the flying....
metalmanbaris is offline Find More Posts by metalmanbaris
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:54 PM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
752 Posts
how you set waypoints? via bluetooth?
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:00 PM
Don L.
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc9n View Post
can i ask something fast
if i wanna send waypoints to a hexa via laptop while the hexa flies ...

i need ONE Bluetooth-Modul F2M03GXA + BT-Adapter

https://www.mikrocontroller.com/inde...roducts_id=210

OR Two???
one in Kopter and one in Laptop...
or they work with One in kopter and connect the laptops embeded Bluetooth with the copter... i know that the range is limited but it might wrk.
GC,

One of these in the Kopter will link with a laptop's embedded BT. If the laptop doesn't have BT, you need a BT adapter for the laptop.

I found that the BT Module interfered with the MK-GPS when it was mounted nearby, so I mounted mine just above a skid and if worked great.

- Don
dleroi is offline Find More Posts by dleroi
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:15 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,185 Posts
Hello Guys
I have been playing with first quad its a X650 dont flame me it was meant as a intro into the multi rotor world Iam coming from the heli world which I have been flying for about 10 yrs and decided to change flying platforms. The x650 is a learner but not for AP. He is the question is the MK quad or the Hexa as good flying as the videos or does it have its issues and can they be worked out. I do fpv and Aerial Photography looking for a stable well behaved multi rotor and would like opinions from people flying them. Thanks for any info you would give me.

Michael64
Michael64 is online now Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Feb 15, 2011, 02:56 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
yes I meant them.... I have emailed them to see if they have any pushers that match the sizes we commonly use but I think tritan as already contacted them.

Steve
Yes,
I have emailed them a couple of times and I am now waiting for about 8 props from 10x4 up to 14x4 in different sizes to arrive in a couple of days and then I will test them in my newly built thrust rig.

All XOAR's are available in both CW & CCW version, according to XOAR.
/Hakan
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:04 PM
San Marcos, TX
Joined Jan 2010
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Yes,
I have emailed them a couple of times and I am now waiting for about 8 props from 10x4 up to 14x4 in different sizes to arrive in a couple of days and then I will test them in my newly built thrust rig.

All XOAR's are available in both CW & CCW version, according to XOAR.
/Hakan
Did you order directly from XOAR? I would like to try some of their props but can't find anyone who carries CW & CCW in the sizes I want.

What did they cost?

Thanks.
Mactadpole is offline Find More Posts by Mactadpole
Old Feb 15, 2011, 07:54 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,185 Posts
Hello Mactadpole
Are you flying a Hexa and Oct from MK , I live about 1.5 hours from you to the NE been thinking about building a quad and hexa and looking for someone I can talk to about one.

Michael64
Michael64 is online now Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:28 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactadpole View Post
Did you order directly from XOAR? I would like to try some of their props but can't find anyone who carries CW & CCW in the sizes I want.

What did they cost?

Thanks.
No, I bought from a very nice guy:
www.electricwingman.co.uk

Excellent service, fast shipping, good prices, etc.
Highly recommended.
Hakan

EDIT, correct link: www.electricwingman.com
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Last edited by tritan; Feb 17, 2011 at 06:30 AM.