HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:32 PM
multi spinner
Joined Jun 2010
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diem View Post
34cm frame, cf2822 engines, gws hd8040 (3blade), hk15-18 i2c, mk 2.0 with idg/isz500 gyros. Cheapest setup ever

Wizprod
Cool.
tattootroy is offline Find More Posts by tattootroy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:46 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
25 Posts
@pete: thanks for your suggestion. I have tried recalibrating the compass a number of times with successful beep sequences and my K settings are all zero (trimmed correctly). I am receiving a 'no communication' error with the compass. It appears to have had its firmware wiped but cannot reapply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itasca View Post
Try recalibrating your compass. It should clear up the bad compass error message.

Worked for me with the same issue.

pete
seagee is offline Find More Posts by seagee
Old Nov 15, 2010, 04:36 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagee View Post
@pete: thanks for your suggestion. I have tried recalibrating the compass a number of times with successful beep sequences and my K settings are all zero (trimmed correctly). I am receiving a 'no communication' error with the compass. It appears to have had its firmware wiped but cannot reapply...
Have you tried pulling out the compass, and connecting it directly to the MK-USB? Just set the jumper on so it will get power from the USB connector. If that doesn't work, it's hosed.

Rusty
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2010, 05:45 PM
Joined May 2010
49 Posts
GPS fix problem

Hi All!

I need your help. Initially when I installed the MK GPS I managed to get a full almanac index build-up and I believe the GPS was working for a while (LED flashing).

Now I cannot get a GPS fix. In the Mikrokopter Tools I don't get a single satellite on the bars and no errors are highlighted. The green led on the GPS is solid on (no blinking and pip every second when the GPS PH/CH is on). The GPS battery is charged to 3.0 v.

Of course the passive antenna jumper soldered and antenna connector is soldered on the GPS board.

I've even tried to do the load file proceedure in UBlox Data Center and loaded the MKGPS_01_2008a.txt file. No difference to the problem and no satellites are found in the UBlox tool.

Is there any way to hard reset the GPS module as shipped from the factory to bulid up a new almenac index?

I had the Mikrokopter outside for +45 min without any GPS fix.

Any other advise what to do? I've read on some forums that have been some cases with HW error on the MK GPS, could this be the case?

My setup is FlightCtrl board is 2.1, Navi Ctrl and MK GPS. Software used, FlightCtrl 0.82a, NaviCtrl 0.22, MK GPS 0.23 and Mikrokopter Tool 1.72.

I also tried everything on the 0.80g and 0.20a software versions.

Thanks!

BR

Boltzman
Boltzman is offline Find More Posts by Boltzman
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:25 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
25 Posts
Have just tried connecting it directly to the MK-USB with no success - looks like it's hosed...

Thanks for your suggestion,

Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post
Have you tried pulling out the compass, and connecting it directly to the MK-USB? Just set the jumper on so it will get power from the USB connector. If that doesn't work, it's hosed.

Rusty
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:11 PM
Oregon Coast
Joined Jul 2008
513 Posts
I have a hexa with a KK board and Im seriously interested in upgrading to MK controller. Is this an appropriate thread to ask basic info like what components are needed, firmware for hex etc. Or is there another place I could get this info. I dont mind soldering I like it in fact but dont want to solder those bits that are too small for me to see lol. Id like position hold, auto leveling for starters.

Maybe if someone has a hexa setup, they could PM me if not post it here.

-Ellis
Ellis108 is offline Find More Posts by Ellis108
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:29 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagee View Post
Have just tried connecting it directly to the MK-USB with no success - looks like it's hosed...

Thanks for your suggestion,

Colin
If you're completely desperate, you could try loading the bootloader. I don't think I've ever done that on a compass, so I don't know the procedure.

Rusty (hoping mine survives the upgrade)
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:31 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diem View Post
Some scenes with mikrokopter. Quad + gopro + FPV. Have fun

http://www.vimeo.com/16853439

Nice Toyota commercial! They should be paying you for this. Great production values. Very stable AP and good use of slow motion for emphasis.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:31 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizprod View Post
While rebuilding my quad I wanted to be able to make my leds blink on low battery. Following a schematic from the MK Wiki I wired it up on a board using a transistor and resistor. Here's the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J03wNF6ASFI

Guess I should rename it "BlinkyKopter"...
That is cool..
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:30 AM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
25 Posts
Good luck with that

I made the mistake of attempting to upgrade the MK3MAG firmware when there was no need. There is no recent update for this component so I should have just quit while I was ahead with Flight Control and Navi upgrades. These installed successfully; although as yet I'm not in a position to test. Have a replacement MK3MAG with firmware pre-installed coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post
If you're completely desperate, you could try loading the bootloader. I don't think I've ever done that on a compass, so I don't know the procedure.

Rusty (hoping mine survives the upgrade)
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:43 AM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltzman View Post
Hi All!

I need your help. Initially when I installed the MK GPS I managed to get a full almanac index build-up and I believe the GPS was working for a while (LED flashing).

Now I cannot get a GPS fix. In the Mikrokopter Tools I don't get a single satellite on the bars and no errors are highlighted. The green led on the GPS is solid on (no blinking and pip every second when the GPS PH/CH is on). The GPS battery is charged to 3.0 v.

I also tried everything on the 0.80g and 0.20a software versions.

Thanks!

BR

Boltzman
I had more or less the same problem.
First time I could get a GPS fix quite quickly.
Then next day no way to get a GPS fix, but weather was not so good.
The day after, weather was brilliant, still no fix. Everytime I was in my garden with a lot of high trees around (like for initial fix).
Anyway I went to a place with more space, thinking that my GPS was dead but that anyway I could fly a bit without it... and then after 30 sec in the air, heard the Beep! GPS fix OK!
So I am not sure but I would suggest you try a very clear place without high trees and building in the close vicinity... hopefully that's not already the case for you...

Vincent
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:44 AM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
SD card and Navi board

I read that GPS position will be stored on SD card if it is recognized (2GB max, FAT 32). Is there a way to record other data such as battery voltage, current, etc?

Vincent
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:47 AM
Joined Jul 2006
49 Posts
sure - it's in .gpx file on the card.
Morfan is offline Find More Posts by Morfan
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:01 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfan View Post
sure - it's in .gpx file on the card.
How much is logged in that file? Does anybody have an example-file I mess around with, before I go ou and buy a card.. (can't find the one I have, darn it..)
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Last edited by wizprod; Nov 16, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:15 AM
Joined May 2010
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpersiani View Post
I had more or less the same problem.
First time I could get a GPS fix quite quickly.
Then next day no way to get a GPS fix, but weather was not so good.
The day after, weather was brilliant, still no fix. Everytime I was in my garden with a lot of high trees around (like for initial fix).
Anyway I went to a place with more space, thinking that my GPS was dead but that anyway I could fly a bit without it... and then after 30 sec in the air, heard the Beep! GPS fix OK!
So I am not sure but I would suggest you try a very clear place without high trees and building in the close vicinity... hopefully that's not already the case for you...

Vincent
Thanks Vincent!

Well, the wheather is not excellent and the current place is my roof, but not 100% perfect due to walls. Do you know if you wee the satellite bars in MK Tools during the almenac build-up? Do you know of any way to reset the GPS module?

Thanks!

BR

Boltzman
Boltzman is offline Find More Posts by Boltzman