HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2011, 06:51 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,955 Posts
Tritan, I see you are making a Y-6, I am changing from circular dual level hex to Y-6 for compactness and future foldability.

Maximus has a Y-6 frame, it looks awesome! if I could afford it I would... alas I can not...

Are you currnetly flyin Y-6? if so how do you like it?

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Do you also have Y6 for AXI2814/22 motors?
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:53 PM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
Tritan, I see you are making a Y-6, I am changing from circular dual level hex to Y-6 for compactness and future foldability.

Maximus has a Y-6 frame, it looks awesome! if I could afford it I would... alas I can not...

Steve
Hey Steve, yes the Sergey Y-6 is really solid.
Its super strong, no vibration, affordable and folds up to in less than a minute to nothing.
Enough said, we are loving the Y-6.
The same can be said for his X8 frames.

The Y6 needs a little PID adjustment, we have tried 13x65 on the bottom and 12x38's on the top.
With Carbon 12x38's all round it flies soooo smooooothly, really starting to enjoy the Y-6
Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:43 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
Hello!

I just received my FC 2.1, BL controllers, and full navi option from mikrokopter.us. Original plan was to build a radial hexa. But now I'm leaning towards building a Y6 instead because of seemingly better redundancy.

Purpose would be for recreational AP.

Where could I find the mixer file for a y6? I couldn't seem to find it in mikrowiki.

Are there any other user vids out there other that of WOV promotional videos using the FC 2.1?

Thanks!

Arnold
Manila, Philippines
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:42 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Hello!

Where could I find the mixer file for a y6? I couldn't seem to find it in mikrowiki.

Thanks!

Arnold
Manila, Philippines
Copy the text below into a txt file change the extension from .txt to .mkm
Then once in MK Tool simply hold alt key whilst pressing the settings button, then choose mixing tab, within this tab, click load and point to the file.
Name the file ABY6.mkm

Simon

[Info]
Name=ABY6
Version=1
[Gas]
Motor1=64
Motor2=64
Motor3=64
Motor4=76
Motor5=76
Motor6=76
Motor7=0
Motor8=0
Motor9=0
Motor10=0
Motor11=0
Motor12=0
[Nick]
Motor1=32
Motor2=32
Motor3=-64
Motor4=32
Motor5=32
Motor6=-64
Motor7=0
Motor8=0
Motor9=0
Motor10=0
Motor11=0
Motor12=0
[Roll]
Motor1=64
Motor2=-64
Motor3=0
Motor4=64
Motor5=-64
Motor6=0
Motor7=0
Motor8=0
Motor9=0
Motor10=0
Motor11=0
Motor12=0
[Yaw]
Motor1=64
Motor2=64
Motor3=-64
Motor4=-64
Motor5=-64
Motor6=64
Motor7=0
Motor8=0
Motor9=0
Motor10=0
Motor11=0
Motor12=0
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:31 AM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Feb 2009
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Hey Steve, yes the Sergey Y-6 is really solid.
Its super strong, no vibration, affordable and folds up to in less than a minute to nothing.
Enough said, we are loving the Y-6.
The same can be said for his X8 frames.

The Y6 needs a little PID adjustment, we have tried 13x65 on the bottom and 12x38's on the top.
With Carbon 12x38's all round it flies soooo smooooothly, really starting to enjoy the Y-6
Simon
Hi Simon! I put my Y-6 back from one reason - poor efficient. With standard props and motors you'll never get performance from 2 coax motors the same as 2 in classical scheme. Therefore I'm using classical scheme and happy with.
Classical HEXA can fly smooth the same as Y-6 - you know. But if you want not only to fly, but carry some good camera - classical scheme is the solution.

Regards,

Andrei
AndrKolom is offline Find More Posts by AndrKolom
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:22 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Steve
Hi Steve,
yes I have started to build a heavy Y6 with MK electronics but I have only flown with KK, GU-344 and now the FY-90Q so far, building my own frames and some with MK parts.

Do you know the price of the the Maximus Y6?

I have decided upon a Y6 as it has real redundance and also, as far as I have heard is much better in windy conditions than fx a hexa. I hope I will have the frame finished by this weekend.

Below a picture of my MK/FY-90Q quad with camera mount:
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:29 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,360 Posts
[QUOTE=simonjardine;17363244]Hey Steve, yes the Sergey Y-6 is really solid.

Simon,
do you sell this Y6 frame and if so do you have a price?
Hakan
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:35 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
hello,

I am building a heavy octo for a 5D type camera. I want a very stable platfrom with options (GPS, easycare, position/atitude hold, failsafe etc ...) at a reasonable cost.

I understand the 2 best platform in features and stability are UAVX and MK. I am looking more to UAVX because it is cheaper overall with non-I2C ESC and no need for isolator (so more simple)

Can you please confirm that this understanding is inline with reality ? Especially people who have tried both platforms ?

Thanks in advance !
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:22 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,955 Posts
Just a note to say thanks to Simon for all his info and help on the y-6
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:16 AM
sky
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
My Mk Had terrible crash . an d i think the micro controller does not word . how can i test quickly .

Can i solder new Atmega 644 .?and test it . what should i do ?

Please help me?

I have MK with FC1.3.
sarabi is offline Find More Posts by sarabi
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:10 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,955 Posts
do you get any lights on the FC board? Green or red?

If not then start at the power supply then follow the power to the 5.0v regulator, keep following and finally you will end up at the processor. check that you have 5.0v at the proper place on the processor, if you do then you may need to replace the processor.

firstly you need to inspect the board for burnt or broken components.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabi View Post
My Mk Had terrible crash . an d i think the micro controller does not word . how can i test quickly .

Can i solder new Atmega 644 .?and test it . what should i do ?

Please help me?

I have MK with FC1.3.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:41 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
805 Posts
Quote:
thanks wizprod but what I mean is that with 6motors in a circle if you bank into the wind it's like a big piece of plywood that is against the wind.. where a qud is more like a small piece of plywood... I have a quad and it can fly circles around the hex in wind. I want to continue to use my 6esc ring so I was thikning of going coaxial Y-6 but I will split the tail with one motor half a prop diameter over from the other to gain the loss of stabiliy back you lose with Y-6
Steve
Quote:
lol... sorry... well when you tilt a circular hex into the wind or with the wind and the wind is blowing faster or slower than the props are pushing air... it acts like a kite... the smaller the kite (plywood) the less the wind has an effect on the MK.... hence I am going back to quads or a Y-6 config.
Steve
Hi Steve,
I've been away for a while & am just catching up on the forum today. I couldn't agree with you more about the Hexa in the wind. I'm sure that some will disagree with this, but as much as I loved my Hexa and as beautifully as it flew in calm conditions, it was blown about in windy conditions MUCH more than my Quad. The best way for me to describe it is that it seemed as if the large pillow of air under the Hexa (from all of the propellers going around in a circle) was caught by the wind like a balloon. For that reason I'll never go back to the Hexa again. My Heavy Lift Quad flies perfectly in calm & windy weather and is SO much easier to keep in place during windy conditions and it is strong enough to carry any camera I wish to use.
No disrespect to those of you who are having great results with your Hexa's, it just that they are not preferred by everybody.
Regards,
Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Old Feb 10, 2011, 04:32 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Aug 2009
138 Posts
Heavy Lift Quad

Tom,

Would you give some info on your heavy lift quad? Motors etc.

Thanks.

Pete
Itasca is offline Find More Posts by Itasca
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:13 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Simon,
do you sell this Y6 frame and if so do you have a price?
Hakan[/QUOTE]

No, not right now. We are waiting on the V2 from Serg, which should be here in a few days.
The Y-6 uses 1.5 amps more than a Hexakopter, with the same weight, battery etc..
So you are right the Hexa is more efficient, but only by a bees dick.

I would say that for video a Hexa is better than a Y-6, maybe with more PID tweaking the Y6 will be as good as....
Here is a short video i shot yesterday.
Y6 part 2 (1 min 40 sec)

Simon
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:17 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
simon:

how does the PID differ with the 12x38 carbons compared to the apc 12x38's?

how much do the carbons weigh? when can we buy em?

cheers

Josh
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb