HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:39 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,985 Posts
I have just done some digging on a similar topic.

I am changing my dual level hexa into a co-axial hexa. here is what you need to know.

the co-axi arms from MK are listed as 10mm arms but I am quite sure they are 11 or 12 mm arms. Just looking at them they look bigger and they expect you to get 6 of their oversized motor wires through there... so there is no way the arms are the same size as the 10mm standard arms.

next the larger size will caus some bending in your octo or hexa centre plate... no big deal just expect it.

finally if you don't want to run your wires inside the arms and can't get the co-ax arms (like me I am in canada and Zoltan does not have them) just buy four spare hexa arms (same length approx) turn them on their sides and drill new holes.

If you use a standard mounting plate (your usual 4 bolt cross plate that comes with most motors) then mount the plate to the motors, mark the exterior holes on the frame arms and put two long bolts through.... there you have it you are co-axial.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizprod View Post
Not very hard... You just need the Okto2 centerplates, and 4 coaxial arms from the MK shop, and you are go.
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 01:33 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,440 Posts
XOAR props

I've been in contact with XOAR a couple of times now and they tell me that they have all dimensions, not just what shows on their website, of their wooden electric props (PJN) both in tractor and pusher.

They say that they are 30% lighter than the APC props with a faster acceleration, are more rigid and produce less vibration than APC. They are also manually balanced at factory.
The props can be bought as a Precision pair which I presume is a pair of props balanced equally against each other?

I have been informed that these dimensions are available:
13 x 4, 13 x 5, 13 x 6, 13 x 6.5; 11 x 4, 11 x 5, 11 x6, 11 x 7, 11 x 8; 10 x 4, 10 x5, 10x6, 10 x 7. All in CW and CCW.

Has anyone tested these props?
Hakan
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Feb 09, 2011, 05:19 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
received my MK v2.0 ME today along with my BL CTL
Fantastic ! how much for that and whre did you get it?
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:34 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc9n View Post
Fantastic ! how much for that and whre did you get it?
well board came from another member, everything else new from ziggy mikrokopter.us
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:36 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
I've been in contact with XOAR a couple of times now and they tell me that they have all dimensions, not just what shows on their website, of their wooden electric props (PJN) both in tractor and pusher.

They say that they are 30% lighter than the APC props with a faster acceleration, are more rigid and produce less vibration than APC. They are also manually balanced at factory.
The props can be bought as a Precision pair which I presume is a pair of props balanced equally against each other?

13 x 4, 13 x 5, 13 x 6, 13 x 6.5; 11 x 4, 11 x 5, 11 x6, 11 x 7, 11 x 8; 10 x 4, 10 x5, 10x6, 10 x 7. All in CW and CCW.

Hakan
What material are they made from ?
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:17 AM
East SF bay
Joined Apr 2007
572 Posts
Quote:

Hakan
Hi,
For anyone interested, Zinger props at:

http://www.zingerpropeller.com/index.htm

weigh 15 grams for the 10 x 4 inch. They have to be bought in quantities of six and are made of wood and have a lot of different sizes and reverse pitches. They may be balanced at the factory(probably are) but need to be checked, as I'm sure they all do.
Have fun...Tony
antonlubo is offline Find More Posts by antonlubo
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:04 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:

Hakan
They work very well !!!
Here are the 11" with 2836 motors..perfect fitting
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:09 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
New foldable carbon Octocopter

Just received this afternoon from factory...
91cm wingspan and 1195g with camera mount
I will put 2836 motors with 11" propellers.
Cheers
Maximus
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:20 PM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
771 Posts
Hello guys i am trying to start collecting pieces for a Hexacopter i wanna build.
The maximum weight for the camera i wanna use is 500gr

i am very interesting for the http://www.droidworx.com.au/ hexa frame, the electronics will be MK with GPS as my conclusions for the best board is there..
i wait for any other sugestions about FRAME.. is there any Distributor for the droidworx frame that can ship Greece Europe?
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:54 PM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Just received this afternoon from factory...
91cm wingspan and 1195g with camera mount
I will put 2836 motors with 11" propellers.
Cheers
Maximus
cool, where do you get those square carbon tubes?
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:02 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavess View Post
cool, where do you get those square carbon tubes?
We make them
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:03 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,440 Posts
Quote:

Hakan
Well , these are NOT Zinger props but XOAR so dont try to imply something else! I was interested in testing some of these props thats why I collected the information about them - still nobody that have tried them?
These do not need to be bought six at a time but one at a time is ok. Made of wood:

http://www.xoarintl.com/

Hakan
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
We make them
Do you also have Y6 for AXI2814/22 motors?
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:07 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizprod View Post
What material are they made from ?
Wood
Old Feb 09, 2011, 06:27 PM
East SF bay
Joined Apr 2007
572 Posts
Quote:
Well , these are NOT Zinger props but XOAR so dont try to imply something else! I was interested in testing some of these props thats why I collected the information about them - still nobody that have tried them?
These do not need to be bought six at a time but one at a time is ok. Made of wood:

http://www.xoarintl.com/

Hakan
Hi Hakan
Sorry, no implication intended...Tony
antonlubo is offline Find More Posts by antonlubo