SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:30 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,067 Posts
does anyone want to sell a MK with ME 2.0?

Just looking for the quad board, esc's and motors... frame too if you want to sell.

Steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2011, 01:36 AM
sky
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
Hi Jim

I do not have any activity in this forum :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
sarabi is offline Find More Posts by sarabi
Old Jan 28, 2011, 02:14 AM
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
80 Posts
hello guys,
after 4 months i finally get my mk okto 2 flying.
so far i have 2 problems.
1. my number 6 esc always start up very slow or dont even start up until i push more on my Thor. They all look good in mk tool, and it's flying okey.
2.i am using dsm2 to control, it lose control once for 1~2 sec out of 15 test flight
can anyone help me with this?
thanks
-Roger
Roger_IIT is offline Find More Posts by Roger_IIT
Old Jan 28, 2011, 02:53 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_IIT View Post
hello guys,
after 4 months i finally get my mk okto 2 flying.
so far i have 2 problems.
1. my number 6 esc always start up very slow or dont even start up until i push more on my Thor. They all look good in mk tool, and it's flying okey.
2.i am using dsm2 to control, it lose control once for 1~2 sec out of 15 test flight
can anyone help me with this?
thanks
-Roger
1: Does it also stop faster? Could be a bad bearing.. However, you can also set the startpulse from the BL ctrl menu in MK tools, but would advice to check for a bad bearing first...

2: Explain some more..
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:01 AM
sky
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
How can i change the firmware of my UAVP or how can i update it?

Is that possible to upgrade it with uavpset software?
Last edited by sarabi; Jan 28, 2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:08 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
hello multi-flying people !

Can anyone recommend some good ESC/eng/prop to make a heavy lift (2kg of pure payload) octo ? Brain will be either MK with I2C>PWN converteur or UAVX, and I would like to order them at HK (I know the quality is not always perfect, I will buy more than needed and oversize ESCs).
I am not looking for the ultimate perfect choice, I want a good choice at a reasonable price. I will build a quad first, learn then upgrade.

I have taken a good look at OMM tests ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1006721 ) but the recap is from 2009, so I would like to know what is good on a recent basis ?

It sounds KDA20-22L / Turnigy Plush in 25A or 40A would be a good match ? Any better engine ? What props are good in that case (that is sold at HK) ?
By the way I fancy low vibration, good reliability, and good price. Flying time not an issue at all. Oversizing the engine/esc is ok.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this

Alain
PS in return I can offer my japan pictures in HD if you have a few minutes to loose in your week end
http://www.alaindavreux.com/index.php?page=home&s=1920
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:29 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,584 Posts
Hi Sarabi,
That is the link to the current active forum for the original UAVP aka Wolferl board.
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabi View Post
Hi Jim
I do not have any activity in this forum :
It appears that the links to the original UAVP downloads area is not working. You should ask in the http://ng.uavp.ch/forum/viewforum.php?f=54 how to get the original 2.0 UAVPset and UAVP 3.14 firmware if that is what you are interested in. Here is copy of the original UAVP instruction manual: http://code.google.com/p/uavp-mods/d...N.pdf&can=2&q=

Your other option is to load the older gke-3.15 UAVPware and 3.04 UAVPset that was the last firmware and UAVPset version to support the original 16F876 PIC on the original UAVP board. Near the bottom of the download list: http://code.google.com/p/uavp-mods/downloads/list

To upgrade to UAVX you need to install an upgrade 18F2620 PIC. Info here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093510
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
How can i change the firmware of my UAVP or how can i update it?
Is that possible to upgrade it with uavpset software?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 28, 2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:53 AM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Camera nick/roll compensation not working anymore

Hello everybody,

I have a quad MK with a recently bought MK HiSight II SE Nick+Roll.
https://www.mikrocontroller.com/inde...roducts_id=458

After assembling camera mount and setting up everything, I was quite happy about how it was behaving (but had some issues with vibrations / camera).
2 weeks ago I had a "small hard landing". Camera mount was slightly broken, landing gear OK, nothing really to hard though.
Today I did:
-rewire my ESC to replace all the wires by the QuadroPower distribution board (Can't see any link with current issue but since this is a change between OK time and now not OK time I mention it!)
-repair my camera mount

Then I bench tested everything:
-MK seems to be behaving fine (resisting movement when I move it by hand, no test flight because already dark here, every reading looking fine in MK tool) which I was expecting considering the very soft crash
-camera compensation not working anymore!

When I plug the battery, nick servo is moving a bit, when chosing parameters also, but then after I can move the MK as much as I want, none of the servo moves!
At the moment I did not put back the servo horns back so I am sure there is no load on servos and anyway the nick servo moves at startup.
I have no servo tester but since nick servos move at startup (same for roll servo if cross connect with nick one) I am confident that servos are still alive.

It really looks to as if camera compensation was for some reason inhibited but I can not find any such parameter to activate in MK tools. (and I find it strange that it could get inhibited on its own... Crash detection?)
By the way, nick is also linked to a poty but moving the poty does not have any effect anymore as well.

Anybody has an idea of what the problem could come from? I am really getting short of ideas here!

Thanks in advance for you help

frustrated Vincent...
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:28 AM
sky
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
Hi all

I have UAVP . i assembled it that you can see in clip .when i start it one of the axis had alternative action ..

I calibrated in level surface and change the value of the PID controller
but when i started it to fly one of axis had alternative response .

What is my problem or my uavp .

The set up of my UAVP was
UAVP Flight Controller + 5 Sensors (MLX)
- +3.3V Modification: Yes
- Firmware Type: Throttle Curve
- Receiver Type: PPM
- Speed Controller Type: PWM (Normal)

But i changed it to

UAVP-V3.15.457gke-16F876-16_ADX300-PPM.hex

1 x UAVP Flight Controller + 5 Sensors (ADXR)
- +3.3V Modification: Yes
- Firmware Type: Normal
- Receiver Type: Normal
- Speed Controller Type: PWM (Normal)

Here are my videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atmqafoji_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_B23C3VJIQ
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:01 AM
Flying Canada's Arctic
Canada, NT, Fort Smith
Joined May 2010
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpersiani View Post
Hello everybody,

I have a quad MK with a recently bought MK HiSight II SE Nick+Roll.
https://www.mikrocontroller.com/inde...roducts_id=458

After assembling camera mount and setting up everything, I was quite happy about how it was behaving (but had some issues with vibrations / camera).
2 weeks ago I had a "small hard landing". Camera mount was slightly broken, landing gear OK, nothing really to hard though.
Today I did:
-rewire my ESC to replace all the wires by the QuadroPower distribution board (Can't see any link with current issue but since this is a change between OK time and now not OK time I mention it!)
-repair my camera mount

Then I bench tested everything:
-MK seems to be behaving fine (resisting movement when I move it by hand, no test flight because already dark here, every reading looking fine in MK tool) which I was expecting considering the very soft crash
-camera compensation not working anymore!

When I plug the battery, nick servo is moving a bit, when chosing parameters also, but then after I can move the MK as much as I want, none of the servo moves!
At the moment I did not put back the servo horns back so I am sure there is no load on servos and anyway the nick servo moves at startup.
I have no servo tester but since nick servos move at startup (same for roll servo if cross connect with nick one) I am confident that servos are still alive.

It really looks to as if camera compensation was for some reason inhibited but I can not find any such parameter to activate in MK tools. (and I find it strange that it could get inhibited on its own... Crash detection?)
By the way, nick is also linked to a poty but moving the poty does not have any effect anymore as well.

Anybody has an idea of what the problem could come from? I am really getting short of ideas here!

Thanks in advance for you help

frustrated Vincent...
Hi Vincent, just a silly thought, you must calibrate the gyros before each flight, this also resets your camera servos, did you try that even though you are not flying?

Franco
spydmobile is offline Find More Posts by spydmobile
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:06 AM
Flying Canada's Arctic
Canada, NT, Fort Smith
Joined May 2010
511 Posts
Quote:
Hi all

I have UAVP . i assembled it that you can see in clip .when i start it one of the axis had alternative action ..
Hi sarabi

most people have a mikrokopter in this forum, but there is another forum where most everyone has a uavp/uavx and you might have a better respose in this UAVP/UAVX Forum
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:15 AM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydmobile View Post
Hi Vincent, just a silly thought, you must calibrate the gyros before each flight, this also resets your camera servos, did you try that even though you are not flying?

Franco
THanks for your answer Franco.

I am not sure what is really meant by Gyro calibration because I read different things between Gyro and ACC. Is gyro calibration done through full throttle, full left yaw with the MK level?

Vincent
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:28 PM
Flying Canada's Arctic
Canada, NT, Fort Smith
Joined May 2010
511 Posts
Quote:
THanks for your answer Franco.

I am not sure what is really meant by Gyro calibration because I read different things between Gyro and ACC. Is gyro calibration done through full throttle, full left yaw with the MK level?

Vincent
Yes, sorry Vincent, I should have said Acc, so yes, moving the throttle to full and yaw hard left (on a mode 2) is what I meant. The gyro compensated cam servos do not respond correctly until you have done the ACC compensation. I was suggesting that perhpas you forgot to do this.....

Franco
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:01 PM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydmobile View Post
Yes, sorry Vincent, I should have said Acc, so yes, moving the throttle to full and yaw hard left (on a mode 2) is what I meant. The gyro compensated cam servos do not respond correctly until you have done the ACC compensation. I was suggesting that perhpas you forgot to do this.....

Franco
In this case yes I did perform the Acc calibration.
But this really sounds like the kind of issue I am having now so I will try again tonight, keeping in mind that this could explain my problem.

In the meantime if anybody has some other ideas, they are welcome!

Vincent
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:12 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
Quote:
In this case yes I did perform the Acc calibration.
But this really sounds like the kind of issue I am having now so I will try again tonight, keeping in mind that this could explain my problem.

In the meantime if anybody has some other ideas, they are welcome!

Vincent
I would try the servos connected to a different receiver just to be shure they aren't stuck due to broken gears.
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre