AD6-HL, MK3638, Pro Mount-200
Panama
Joined Oct 2011
213 Posts
Things not to do as a MK pilot:

1- Fly close people
2- Fly fast
3- Get disoriented

This guy flying a DJI S800, did all the above and crashed. Fortunately it appears no one was hurt. I'm taking notes. See video.

Helicóptero com câmera quebra - Arena Castelão (1 min 8 sec)
Panama TJ is offline Find More Posts by Panama TJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:03 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi P,
Thanks for posting to keep multicopter safety in our minds.

That video shows yet another case of too much money and not enough brains...What an total idiot!...Looks like he crashed his 3kg+ multicopter into the poor folks in the handicapped section who probably were challenged to get out of its way too...I hope no one got hurt.

Always think multicopter safety Gents!
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama TJ View Post

1- Fly close people
2- Fly fast
3- Get disoriented

This guy flying a DJI S800, did all the above and crashed. Fortunately it appears no one was hurt. I'm taking notes. See video.

http://youtu.be/SFvEiOP6Zm4
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:08 AM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
285 Posts
Bluetooth-Module F2M03GXA setup

Hi all!

I bought a set of F2M03GXA Bluetooth-Module, not in the MK Shop, and I do not know if I am making the setup correctly.

I read the datasheet but didn't find any thing about the setup with the Free2move software.

I am using this configuration software but I do not know if am doing it right. The problem I have is lake of range.

I follow the procedure in the MK wiki http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/BT-AP10 , they have a note " NOTE The Bluetooth-Modules out of our shop are already - programmed and tested."
They are working, but, I have a range problem.

The "Advance Settings" do not make part of the MK wiki instructions, but has I had a range problem I tried to change this parameters.

In the "configuration" Menu "Advance Settings" I have an option "Power settings"

Range -90 to 20 dBm
With 2 boxes:

- Max TX Power | 20 |

- Default TX Power (I think default was 2) I changed it to 20dB (100mW) for the bluetooth connected to the PC.

- For the bluetooth connected to the Mk Flight_Ctrl I set the Default TX Power to 13 dBm (about 20mW) I am afraid of creating interference with MK Rx.

In the "Advance settings" there is also another menu "Power mode"

In this menu we have a table box were in the column "Power mode" and in the lines "state 1, State 2 ... etc. Each box can be setup as "Disable", "passive" Sniff" and "Active". I use the option "Disable" that is the default one.

Is there any possibility if I increase the power to 20dBm will creat reception problems (interference in the Rx)?

Your help to clarify this problem is appreciated. A picture of the power table is below.

Thanks in advance.
Manuel
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:57 PM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Silva View Post
Hi all!

Is there any possibility if I increase the power to 20dBm will creat reception problems (interference in the Rx)?

Your help to clarify this problem is appreciated. A picture of the power table is below.

Thanks in advance.
Manuel
What frequency do you use for your control channel? Is it 2.4GHz?
In any case, provided that all Tx/Rx have a "reasonable" design, I would say that 100mW, especially on PC side should not be an issue. Many people fly with 500mW video Tx... on the airplane side.
Range test should be your best guarantee, though.

Vincent
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:16 PM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
285 Posts
Bluetooth-Module F2M03GXA setup

Thanks Vincent,

My Tx/Rx is 2.4GHz. Tomorrow or Saturday I will make a range test. Do you have any idea how to make a correct setup of the F2M03GXA module?

Thanks again,
Manuel
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:20 PM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
What an total idiot!...Looks like he crashed his 3kg+ multicopter into the poor folks
You are old hat Jim these machines are more like 7-8kilos now..
and agree - the more popular it getting the more idiots-potential killers we will see unfortunately..

cheers
Dimitri
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:34 PM
israel
Joined Jun 2003
857 Posts
I bought this from Rctimer just connect no parameters settings and it works great.....plug & play
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...4&productname=

Moti
moti is offline Find More Posts by moti
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:18 PM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
752 Posts
a small teaser

Car chase Commercial scene (1 min 0 sec)
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:12 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,407 Posts
I want to do some waypoint flying and POI this summer. I've been reading over the wiki and want to use GeoMaps. All the buttons are in german and when I click for english, I still get the german buttons. Is their an english version?
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:47 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettraptor View Post
Nice scenic shots, but not as smooth as I would have wanted them. You have some weird looking glitches here and there.
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
300 Posts
Is altigator the cheapest?

Is Altigator the cheapest place to purchase a new mikrokopter system? I mean I have looked in the usual places and even after the exchange rate back to Australian dollars, plus postage and PayPal fees it seems to be the cheapest. Would be happy if someone can put me onto an even cheaper site.

Cheers

James
Jdmagoo is online now Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:17 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama TJ View Post

1- Fly close people
2- Fly fast
3- Get disoriented

http://youtu.be/SFvEiOP6Zm4
Here's a pic of the fellow who crashed. A WKM S800 with zemuse gimble, ouch!
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:35 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Here's a pic of the fellow who crashed. A WKM S800 with zemuse gimble, ouch!
latley i see a lot of DJI stuff ( inc. mine .. ) crashing around ...
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:49 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizprod View Post
Nice scenic shots, but not as smooth as I would have wanted them. You have some weird looking glitches here and there.
thanks yes thats correct . i used post stabilizer because it was blowing gasts and 5 bofourt winds
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:32 AM
OCD
King, NC
Joined Aug 2000
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
I want to do some waypoint flying and POI this summer. I've been reading over the wiki and want to use GeoMaps. All the buttons are in german and when I click for english, I still get the german buttons. Is their an english version?
I use this: http://map.mikrokopter.de/map_gen.html? Also, in GeoMaps there is an American flag symbol in the upper left that switches you to English.
Wright is offline Find More Posts by Wright