Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:28 AM
Assam, India
Joined May 2009
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleroi View Post
Goldcat,

It is DC. Here's are some photos showing the test point for the nick and roll gyros.

- Don
Thank you Don.

The problem you have sited may be rare but we need to know every bit if we are around MK. Sorry for late response due to hovering elsewhere

GOLDCAT
prabinbardoloi is offline Find More Posts by prabinbardoloi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:39 PM
Don L.
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Joined Feb 2006
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Don,

I pulled out my old FC board and surprizingly the gyro is working again! The voltage readings are as you listed and the 3d view in mk tools shows the board perfectly reporting its orientation. So its seems the year it spent resting has done it some good .

I remember a bit more clearly the sequence of events with my gyro failures and i suspect that since the replacement gyros also failed, that the issue is the fc board or that some fc component is overheating after running for a while - does that make sense ??

Basically after replacing the gyro it would work for a week or so. Then the roll axis would start to lose level. This would get progressivly worse if i kept trying to fly. And if i stopped and tried on another day, it would initial work, then start to loose level. In mktools, the quad would show that it is continously rotating even though the quad was perfectly flat on a table. The other thing is the gyro offset reading which i believe is supposed to read around 500 , would read 800 or so which according to wiki is a bad gyro

I am reluctant to actually put this fc board on a quad - do you have any further thoughts or ideas to test it further?

Thanks very much

Al
Al,

Those symptoms are similar to what I experienced. The problem would appear after a few flights then disappear after a few hours of sitting. Finally, it stayed long enough for me to trace it to the bad solder joint.

I would start by blowing hot air on the component side of the FC board, while watching the gyro's output in FC-Tools. If you can make it act up that way you may be able to find the problem.

Most of the gyro circuitry is on the gyro breakout board, but there are a few components on the FC. For the roll gyro, there are R8 and C13 on the output. R8 is near the gyro. C13 is near pin 34 of the Atmega. There are also capacitors on the Vcc (C56) and Vref (C28) lines. I would look very closely at those 4 components for a cold or cracked solder joint. Also, at pin 36 of the Atmega chip.

- Don
dleroi is offline Find More Posts by dleroi
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:07 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,948 Posts
FYI: I was curious if the Video Tx (5.8ghz) would effect the Spektrum Rx. I've now flown it 4 times and have had no transmitter (DX8) problems. SD card readings:
- max. RC-Quality: 209
- min. RC-Quality: 194
I have been testing a HK 5.8ghz 200 mw video transmitter on an old Naza quad (20 flights) and after experimenting around for months I duplicated the setup on my Cinestar 6. I'm going out about a maximum of 1000 ft and altitude of about 200ft. The video works great unless there are alot of trees in the way than I need more altitude.
I'm really just using this to line up my video shots and not for long distance FPV. My eyesight is not real great and this has been very helpful for getting higher, for more field of view. Using LOS I get anxious if I can't see the orientation, even with carefree. Using goggle I feel much more secure. It is also nice knowing failsafe works, as I've tested it frequently.
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:54 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleroi View Post
Al,

Those symptoms are similar to what I experienced. The problem would appear after a few flights then disappear after a few hours of sitting. Finally, it stayed long enough for me to trace it to the bad solder joint.

I would start by blowing hot air on the component side of the FC board, while watching the gyro's output in FC-Tools. If you can make it act up that way you may be able to find the problem.

Most of the gyro circuitry is on the gyro breakout board, but there are a few components on the FC. For the roll gyro, there are R8 and C13 on the output. R8 is near the gyro. C13 is near pin 34 of the Atmega. There are also capacitors on the Vcc (C56) and Vref (C28) lines. I would look very closely at those 4 components for a cold or cracked solder joint. Also, at pin 36 of the Atmega chip.

- Don
Don,

Thanks ! I will investigate this

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:21 PM
OCD
King, NC
Joined Aug 2000
474 Posts
My exact question relates to elevation restrictions. Right now I think 400 feet AGL is the limit for model aircraft. What does one need to go higher (for remote sensing purposes not for profit). We just want to sample straight up in position hold with altitude hold on. In a highly remote area we want to elevator up to say 5000 feet Does one pursue a COA from the FAA? I realize this a touchy topic and why I want to follow the correct procedure, if one exists. Any suggestions about dealing with the FAA.
Wright is offline Find More Posts by Wright
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:16 AM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright View Post
My exact question relates to elevation restrictions. Right now I think 400 feet AGL is the limit for model aircraft. What does one need to go higher (for remote sensing purposes not for profit). We just want to sample straight up in position hold with altitude hold on. In a highly remote area we want to elevator up to say 5000 feet Does one pursue a COA from the FAA? I realize this a touchy topic and why I want to follow the correct procedure, if one exists. Any suggestions about dealing with the FAA.
You would have to apply for an exemption from the FAA.

Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
what motors they use on this octo's:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

and

HEXAPROD - MAKING OFF / LE GRAND-BORNAND (2 min 21 sec)
sec. 00:19

and here?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
gruianostu is offline Find More Posts by gruianostu
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:00 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
[QUOTE=gruianostu;22963278]what motors they use on this octo's?

Axi 2814 / 22. They are very very nice motors:-)

Simon
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:05 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,948 Posts
gruianostu: They look like Axi motors to me, distinctive orange.
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:35 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
812 Posts
Is it possible to run MK on 6S battery with some modifications?
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
Is it possible to run MK on 6S battery with some modifications?
Only 5 cell right now.

Simon
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:11 PM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Only 5 cell right now.

Simon
You know something?????
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:54 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettraptor View Post
You know something?????
I know nothing!!

Simon
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,415 Posts
I just saw this Tourism Australia ad and thought I'd post since it was so quiet here. Love to visit some day. Simon, were you involved? Looks like some multi shots in it.

Tourism Australia's Latest Ad (3 minute version) (2 min 55 sec)
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
I just saw this Tourism Australia ad and thought I'd post since it was so quiet here. Love to visit some day. Simon, were you involved? Looks like some multi shots in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pOVfJwBd5s
Scenery, edit, music...absolutely beautiful! If I was part of that production team I would have gotten emotional looking at the final cut
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ