HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:02 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,921 Posts
Marcus: I took mine up to about 5 ft and then let it fly waypoints. Didn't start on the ground though.
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Sep 2004
38 Posts
Thanks TNT yes i have done it but after a couple of starts it goes back to rc lost and beeps. Is there any special way to rebind or to make the 18 channels work
luis fernando is offline Find More Posts by luis fernando
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:35 PM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
780 Posts
the only features MK can't do is 'auto-takeoff'...........................hope Holger will take note on this!
Meez is offline Find More Posts by Meez
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:20 AM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
444 Posts
Air show in Belgrade

Aeromiting Batajnica, septembar 2012. snimci iz vazduha (3 min 42 sec)
dragant is online now Find More Posts by dragant
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:47 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
beautiful
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:48 AM
OCD
King, NC
Joined Aug 2000
472 Posts
Quote:
the only features MK can't do is 'auto-takeoff'...........................hope Holger will take note on this!

Marcus: I took mine up to about 5 ft and then let it fly waypoints. Didn't start on the ground though.
I didn't think it would auto-takeoff since this is where the MK is least stable. But, I just wondered what it will do. I am sure someone has flicked the CH switch on the ground when the motors are spinning. - Marcus
Wright is offline Find More Posts by Wright
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:06 AM
OCD
King, NC
Joined Aug 2000
472 Posts
Another question

One more question. Will the MK fly from higher to lower elevations using way points? We want to start at a higher point (alt = 0) and descend down a slope (Alt < 0). Anybody tried?
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:09 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Sepang
Joined Apr 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright View Post
One more question. Will the MK fly from higher to lower elevations using way points? We want to start at a higher point (alt = 0) and descend down a slope (Alt < 0). Anybody tried?
I tried it... for landing automatically in way point flight... I think it should work....
joecarnine is offline Find More Posts by joecarnine
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Dec 2008
93 Posts
Need some help please

I had been flying my X8 for about a year without any issues,and made no changes, then for some reason it started a violet toilet bowling circle after about 3min flight and did this for about 5 or 6 flights with only about 1 good flight in between. I checked the gps battery and it at about 2.85v.

A couple of days ago it started doing it pretty much as soon as I put it in PH.
After this I did a compass recalibration and it worked great for about 2 more flights that day and I went out the following day with no issues.

I went out again today and the first 2 waypoint flights were great and very stable, then the next flight was all over the place. I again did a compass recalibration but this time it didn't seem to help.

Has anyone come across this before?

Do you think reinstalling the firmware on the Navi would help?

Something strange I did notice when doing the compass calibration was that after doing the first step (throttle up and left with elevator down) mine started beeping straight away, but previously and also inthe instructions it says that after step 1 you need to pull the elevator stick down again to start the beeping and calibration process.

Maybe something going on with my navi??

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig
crcr is offline Find More Posts by crcr
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:50 PM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crcr View Post
I had been flying my X8 for about a year without any issues,and made no changes, then for some reason it started a violet toilet bowling circle after about 3min flight and did this for about 5 or 6 flights with only about 1 good flight in between. I checked the gps battery and it at about 2.85v.

A couple of days ago it started doing it pretty much as soon as I put it in PH.
After this I did a compass recalibration and it worked great for about 2 more flights that day and I went out the following day with no issues.

I went out again today and the first 2 waypoint flights were great and very stable, then the next flight was all over the place. I again did a compass recalibration but this time it didn't seem to help.

Has anyone come across this before?

Do you think reinstalling the firmware on the Navi would help?

Something strange I did notice when doing the compass calibration was that after doing the first step (throttle up and left with elevator down) mine started beeping straight away, but previously and also inthe instructions it says that after step 1 you need to pull the elevator stick down again to start the beeping and calibration process.

Maybe something going on with my navi??

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig
I dont think you have an issue on compass calibration. And if it is, since you fly autonomous, OSD screen will give you a warn about compass error, right?.

Since all your problems happened during using GPS, i recommend you to change the GPS battery first.

And i assumed you already check solar flame activities before each flights. You can purchase the battery from Quadrocopter.com. I think their site was down at the moment.

Good luck
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
Joined Dec 2008
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meez View Post
I dont think you have an issue on compass calibration. And if it is, since you fly autonomous, OSD screen will give you a warn about compass error, right?.

Since all your problems happened during using GPS, i recommend you to change the GPS battery first.

And i assumed you already check solar flame activities before each flights. You can purchase the battery from Quadrocopter.com. I think their site was down at the moment.

Good luck
Thanks, The battery was 2.85v when I got home.
I have read some other posts where people are saying that the battery doesn't help with GPS hold?
I have always found that mine needs to be over 2.8v but maybe its getting a bit past it so should be replaced. I'll order a new one.

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:32 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
780 Posts
Quote:
I didn't think it would auto-takeoff since this is where the MK is least stable. But, I just wondered what it will do. I am sure someone has flicked the CH switch on the ground when the motors are spinning. - Marcus
The idle speed can be adjust slightly higher than usual to avoid unstable during auto take-off. I do understand what you mean.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:35 AM
OCD
King, NC
Joined Aug 2000
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meez View Post
The idle speed can be adjust slightly higher than usual to avoid unstable during auto take-off. I do understand what you mean.
I was thinking about this as well. If you get it right at takeoff and program in a fairly brisk climb rate to the first way point it "should take off". The whole reason I am looking at this with any seriousness is it's hard to find experienced copter pilots. The down side to line of reasoning is what happens if you need to abort a flight? There is just no substitute for a good pilot. We will continue to invest time/money/energy in people's skill. ~ Marcus
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Dec 2008
93 Posts
Quote:
I was thinking about this as well. If you get it right at takeoff and program in a fairly brisk climb rate to the first way point it "should take off". The whole reason I am looking at this with any seriousness is it's hard to find experienced copter pilots. The down side to line of reasoning is what happens if you need to abort a flight? There is just no substitute for a good pilot. We will continue to invest time/money/energy in people's skill. ~ Marcus

I once had waypoints loaded and with no throttle at all, I flicked the ALT hold switch and it took off vertically at a rate of knots. As it was an accident, I landed again to take off normally.

Craig
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:45 PM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
780 Posts
becarefull playing with idle speed. I still remember someone here report that he lost his MK Hexa during maiden! The aircraft take-off in full climb rate just after armed! I'm sure he mislook the idle speed value setting. (don't thrust the default setting!)

Our goal is to increase the idle speed slightly higher to avoid unstable during take-off and NOT the speed that can lift the aircraft without given any throttle input.