HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:54 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedinuk View Post
Ok all I need some help.

My Kopter started acting funny intermittently. I was able to capture what is happening via MK Tools. It looks like one on my Gyros is not staying steady. It does not happen all the time and has never happened while in flight. It just will take for or five re initialization of the gyros to get it to stop.

Here is the screen grab of the problem, watch it full screen and in HD to see. You can see the Nick Gyro seems to be the issue. FYI the Kopter was sitting perfectly still on the floor. Any Thoughts

http://youtu.be/_uNMQuF2eS4
This happened to me exactly as you have shown a year or two ago. I posted here about it

It initially was intermittent, then showed itself during flight as a loss of level on the roll axis, then this happened

MK Roll Gyro Fail (0 min 10 sec)

The problem was a failing roll gyro. I replaced it - solved the problem for about 2 weeks then that one failed. this repeated two more times with two additional replacement gyros. Which led me to the conclusion that something on the board was causing the gyro to fail, but no-one could figure out what including Lothar at MK.

I had to make a decision of replacing FC board or giving up on MK. At the time there was no good alternative and I was invested in MK so I got a new board and have not had problems since.

I think you have to replace that gyro if it starts becoming more frequent or manifests while flying. you may be lucky and it would be a quick fix.

Do not trust the MK over any people or property until the issue is resolved

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:21 AM
United States, MD, Prince Frederick
Joined Oct 2006
165 Posts
Al,

I think you may be right. To be safe I should just replace the nick gyro. Any Idea where to get one fast?
learnedinuk is offline Find More Posts by learnedinuk
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:32 AM
Don L.
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedinuk View Post
Version is 2.1 I have moved the comp value all around and still occasionally it does a "flip" or two according to the readout.

It's been flying fine for months. I only fly it once or twice a month but those were fine. The last few times it wants to flip on lift off unless I keep resetting the Gyro's
L,

Do you always get the solid 3-beep (or whatever) signal when you calibrate? Sometimes mine will give some odd beeps, so I keep re-calibrating until I hear the right signal. I've never tried taking off after the weird beeps, so I don't know if they're an indication of something gone wrong or if they just got messed up because of something else going on.

- Don
dleroi is offline Find More Posts by dleroi
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:26 AM
Joined Oct 2006
165 Posts
Actually I never paid attention to the number of beeps. I will have to check.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:42 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,928 Posts
I've notice that if i calibrate, then immediately arm the motors, I will sometimes get multiple beeps and no spinning. I just un-arm, wait 5 seconds and re-arm, and everything is fine. Is this "normal", as perhaps everything is not quite "good to go".
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
781 Posts
I just received a repaired brand new FC from MK.de. after encounter stability problem on Nick Gyro.

At beginning I tough it Gyro problem but they told me that the capacitor is faulty and had replaced it for me. Will do some testing tomorrow.
Meez is offline Find More Posts by Meez
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:37 AM
OCD
King, NC
Joined Aug 2000
472 Posts
So what do we do with bad/crashed boards. I have Nav and GPS boards that need fixing. Are these considered good as "new" when all is said and done?

marcus
Wright is offline Find More Posts by Wright
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:38 AM
Gary
Joined Mar 2011
1,928 Posts
Meez: Nice to know they stand by their products!
I wouldn't even begin to know how to contact MK. There are so many wiki pages I get confused. You would think they would offer some sort of customer support pages, but I've never seen any? There have been times when I wanted to ask a question but had to put it in a forum, and wait. Ziggy and quadrocopter.us offer great support but it would be nice to hear from the manufacturer. I tried several times to "join" the German forum but was prevented for reasons I don't recall. Heck, it was all German anyway.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:59 AM
Assam, India
Joined May 2009
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meez View Post
I just received a repaired brand new FC from MK.de. after encounter stability problem on Nick Gyro.

At beginning I tough it Gyro problem but they told me that the capacitor is faulty and had replaced it for me. Will do some testing tomorrow.
Hi Meez!

Could you be more specific about the capacitor they replaced? If you can upload a picture that will be swell

GOLDCAT
prabinbardoloi is offline Find More Posts by prabinbardoloi
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:45 AM
Gary
Joined Mar 2011
1,928 Posts
Anybody else get "malicious software" warning when going to mikrokopter.us ? Very strange!
Last edited by glmccready; Aug 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Oct 2006
165 Posts
Yeah. It's broke.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:51 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
781 Posts
I bought all MK's stuff from Ziggy and Quadrocopter but if i facing any problem i will email to MK.de. Sure for start they took a while to responce but sure they did. Imo, ones you get reply, try keep good relation ship with them. Sometimes, me and MK.de keep changing 4 or 5 emails in a single night disscusing about problem i facing and so far all my problems solved thru emails.

In case of faulty brand new stuffs, try get RMA number first from them and you need to sent the invoice together with the faulty parts. My FC took only 4 days for repaired and reach Malaysia. Surprisingly fasttttt!!!

IMHO, thru email, they will try to justified your knowledge and if you are able to get their thrust about your skill and knoowledge, thing will go really smooth later.

Prabinbardoloi,

Sorry, i can't tell you which part is the capacitor since i'm not a Electronic guy. All the compenents is so tiny and quite advance. I even can't spot any fresh soldering on the FC. I just ask them what they do to the board to ensure they did something on it.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
Gary
Joined Mar 2011
1,928 Posts
Meez: That is good news, but as far I can see there is no "customer service" link at Mikrokopter.de and I don't recall ever seeing an email address for them? I could have easily missed it, within the semi-organized morass on the wiki.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
Russian Federation, St Petersburg
Joined Jan 2007
76 Posts
I had some mails from them when I purchased things there, so I would use those if I needed.
But if You do not have any of these, send Ingo or Holger a PM and I am sure they will react to You in a proper way.

I did not need to send anything back until now, but I have heard only good things about their service.

regards,
Ruud
Ruud Westerhout is offline Find More Posts by Ruud Westerhout
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:21 PM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
781 Posts
you can try here................contact@hisystems.de