HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:53 PM
OCD
King, NC
Joined Aug 2000
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamatrails View Post
I'd be real careful flying that battery. Check the MK flight logs to see how steady the discharge is on the next few flights with it.
Real good advice here. Watch it like a hawk.
Wright is offline Find More Posts by Wright
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:30 PM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
752 Posts
still photo for my friends ,
shoot with a S95
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Last edited by Nettraptor; Aug 20, 2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:11 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,930 Posts
No worries: I have telemetry, and the battery was fine. I was looking at it "real" time as I was landing, and it was over 15v. (it wasn't after the fact) That is why I was so surprised when the battery alarm on the MK started buzzing! I thought it had to be an alarm for another reason. I landed anyway. I've now flown the same battery, and it was fine. I think it was a software glitch. I'm petty sure the GPX file was totally wrong! It started low and ended even lower than the actual voltage on the battery. The actual volts were the similar on the charger and Watts up, as my telemetry, about 15. No way the battery is going from 12.2 to 15.1v after the load is removed.
I have battery alarms, but the best tool I have is the Watts-up which I can put in the line to measure actual min voltage. watts and amps used.
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Last edited by glmccready; Aug 19, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:21 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Sepang
Joined Apr 2012
153 Posts
This video enter Our Malaysia National Independence Day Video Challenge 2012.... Click LIKE if you guys like :-), I may have a chance to go to next stage in this competition!

Please Open in Youtube and LIKE it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdbFtHKy31w
joecarnine is offline Find More Posts by joecarnine
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
866 Posts
I like it, and Liked it.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:51 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Same here. I liked it.

What gimbal are you using?

Ok guys...what is the best camera gimbal you can get for the MK?
The Zenmuse Z15 is off the charts stable...but is there anything even remotely comparable that we can use for the MK?

Brent
dmsgodeep is offline Find More Posts by dmsgodeep
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:06 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
866 Posts
I think the photohigher stuff is pretty stable, though some people struggle a little to remove all vibrations sometimes.. Also, I've seen a lot of people put it down but I used to have a photoshipone mount that produced nice footage before I broke it. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking of giving the Gaui Crane III a go.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:44 AM
Joined Apr 2012
153 Posts
Thanks guys! I have tried photohigher av130 with mk octo configuration. I have done a lot of test flight and tuning. I get the best footage when there is no wind, direct 2 cell power to servo and disconnect red wire to mk board. Servo speed to 4. Its difficult because it have to be NO WIND!...

I love making video and follow up very closely with Kim from photohigher for their upcoming hd hero gimbal... I cant afford zenmuse and i hate monopoly... :-)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:51 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecarnine View Post
Thanks guys! I have tried photohigher av130 with mk octo configuration. I have done a lot of test flight and tuning. I get the best footage when there is no wind, direct 2 cell power to servo and disconnect red wire to mk board. Servo speed to 4. Its difficult because it have to be NO WIND!...

I love making video and follow up very closely with Kim from photohigher for their upcoming hd hero gimbal... I cant afford zenmuse and i hate monopoly... :-)
Thanks for the info. I'v never tried directly powering the servos. I have to into trying that.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Hero gimbals too. Some are saying they will cost as much or more than the Zenmuse. I hope not.
Given that the Zenmuse incorporates anticipatory action based on stick control movements to the heli, I can't imagine the Hero can match the steadiness unless it does the same. Otherwise it's 100% reactionary and it seems you couldn't help but have some movement due to the slight lag.
Anyway...we'll see...assuming they can get the bugs worked out and release it.

Brent
dmsgodeep is offline Find More Posts by dmsgodeep
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:17 AM
Joined Apr 2012
153 Posts
You are right...
I think they will add at least, 3 input for in advance react! Roll, elevator and yaw. Well, I just guessing... But they need it...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:39 AM
United States, MD, Prince Frederick
Joined Oct 2006
165 Posts
Ok all I need some help.

My Kopter started acting funny intermittently. I was able to capture what is happening via MK Tools. It looks like one on my Gyros is not staying steady. It does not happen all the time and has never happened while in flight. It just will take for or five re initialization of the gyros to get it to stop.

Here is the screen grab of the problem, watch it full screen and in HD to see. You can see the Nick Gyro seems to be the issue. FYI the Kopter was sitting perfectly still on the floor. Any Thoughts

20120822 1941 45 (0 min 52 sec)
learnedinuk is offline Find More Posts by learnedinuk
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:01 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,930 Posts
learnedinuk: Wow! That sure is weird. Never seen that before. At least you figured out where the problem is, now how do you fit it, right?
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Oct 2006
165 Posts
Correct. Now onto the hard part. Lucky it never did it in the air.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:31 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi L,
What MK FCB version are you using? It looks like you need to increase your gyro/acc compensation value. As you note it should not move after you do a gyro zero cal. Start with the (!) defaults if you have not already done so.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedinuk View Post
Ok all I need some help.

My Kopter started acting funny intermittently. I was able to capture what is happening via MK Tools. It looks like one on my Gyros is not staying steady. It does not happen all the time and has never happened while in flight. It just will take for or five re initialization of the gyros to get it to stop.

Here is the screen grab of the problem, watch it full screen and in HD to see. You can see the Nick Gyro seems to be the issue. FYI the Kopter was sitting perfectly still on the floor. Any Thoughts

http://youtu.be/_uNMQuF2eS4
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Oct 2006
165 Posts
Version is 2.1 I have moved the comp value all around and still occasionally it does a "flip" or two according to the readout.

It's been flying fine for months. I only fly it once or twice a month but those were fine. The last few times it wants to flip on lift off unless I keep resetting the Gyro's