HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:52 AM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
Very nice Andrei. This place look so unreal. Are those real houses or a movie scene?
Yip that was awesome Andrei. Really smooth. I am sure you would be good at FPV, just start slow in a big field. I would use a small cheap quad for starters
Leave that beast at home!

@rtllrtll
Sport mode, first choose sport mode then un-tick heading hold if it isn't already, Make sure you check your stick tab, as sport mode makes your stick very very twitchy, i think default is 8, With sport mode activated it goes up to 20, so be careful. Once you have gotten familiar with flying, hold the alt key press settings button, goto loopings. Highlight all the arrows, leave the settings to default for now.... go fly.

I recently just done the same thing, getting the Hexa flying in sport mode is just plain mental. I was giggling to myself the whole time i was flying.
Honestly this thing is going to make some very entertaining videos

Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:14 AM
Bournemouth UK
Joined Sep 2010
279 Posts
Hi, new to this thread but hope you can help me decide. I have a MK quad that i purchased second hand, I recently added gps and I am over the moon with it.
I want to build a new one that will carry my Sony NEX-5 (300g) and a video Tx so probably less than 500g the lot.
This is mainly for AP work, do I go for a MK Hexa 2 or the Hexa XL ??
Your views on this please.
Thanks
Paul
Pjtyros is offline Find More Posts by Pjtyros
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:24 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjtyros View Post
Hi, new to this thread but hope you can help me decide. I have a MK quad that i purchased second hand, I recently added gps and I am over the moon with it.
I want to build a new one that will carry my Sony NEX-5 (300g) and a video Tx so probably less than 500g the lot.
Thanks
Paul
The Quad XL can easily lift that
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:29 AM
Bournemouth UK
Joined Sep 2010
279 Posts
Yes but bearing in mind where I live in the UK there is always an element of wind, so would the hexa be more stable and would the cheaper hexa 2 do the job well?
Thanks
Paul
Old Jul 05, 2011, 10:51 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,151 Posts
Yo don't get much more stability from having more motors
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:09 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bracknell Forest
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Going to hold my hands up and admit I'm struggling with the building of the Hexa power dist board, despite buying a needle point soldering iron I think I've managed to make a hash of soldering the Ctrl boards on.

Having to face the fact I might have bitten off more than I can chew and despite being a decent flier as well as an accomplished heli builder I think this thing might have me beat :-(

Sad day as it took a long time to save for this model but hey ho :-(

John
crackerj is offline Find More Posts by crackerj
Old Jul 05, 2011, 11:13 AM
Bournemouth UK
Joined Sep 2010
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerj View Post
Going to hold my hands up and admit I'm struggling with the building of the Hexa power dist board, despite buying a needle point soldering iron I think I've managed to make a hash of soldering the Ctrl boards on.

Having to face the fact I might have bitten off more than I can chew and despite being a decent flier as well as an accomplished heli builder I think this thing might have me beat :-(

John
Sad to hear that John, this is my worry as you know. Keep at it I am sure you will get there in the end.
Paul
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:15 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,960 Posts
needle point soldering irons are actually no good, they do not transfer enough heat... I use a medium tip for everything I solder including the pins on the processor.... so try again using a slightly larger tip, use flux, take you time.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerj View Post

John
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jul 05, 2011, 01:31 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bracknell Forest
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Thanks Steve & Paul - I have actually been looking at my handy work under a microscope which is helping to confirm what looks good or not!

Was having a mare trying to get the solder into the tiny pinpoint space required, kept finding it would join up with the terminal next to it :-(

Checking each joint one at a time now real close up so I can make sure there's no shorting going to occur.

I don't mind a challenge but this one is trying my skills to the limit.

John
crackerj is offline Find More Posts by crackerj
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:49 PM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Feb 2009
268 Posts
Quote:
Very nice Andrei. This place look so unreal. Are those real houses or a movie scene?
Yes! Those houses is a old movie scene near to Moscow.
AndrKolom is offline Find More Posts by AndrKolom
Old Jul 05, 2011, 02:59 PM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Feb 2009
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Yip that was awesome Andrei. Really smooth. I am sure you would be good at FPV, just start slow in a big field. I would use a small cheap quad for starters
Leave that beast at home!

Simon
Thank you, Simon for good replay, I want to try FPV, but always something other are on my way. May be because it is not my priority... But your flying is inspiring me to be a hero

Andrei
AndrKolom is offline Find More Posts by AndrKolom
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:25 PM
Don L.
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjtyros View Post
Thanks
Paul
Paul,

I have flown the NEX-5 on a standard quad, but it seemed a bit heavy. I switched it to a standard hexa and it was perfect. I was getting > 20 minutes with a 5000 mAh pack.

Do you know that the NEX-5 doesn't have analog video out? So, unless you have hacked it to find the signal, you can't downlink the video. Because of this, I have switched to the Olympus EP-1, which I stripped down to weigh a bit less than the NEX-5.

If you figure out how to get analog video out of the NEX-5, please let us know.

- Don
dleroi is offline Find More Posts by dleroi
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:54 PM
//----\\
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
676 Posts
dleroi - do you have some pictures of stripped Olympus ? what did you remove ?
Coil is offline Find More Posts by Coil
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:22 PM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
Quote:
Novak Djokovic, won Wimbledon and became first on the ATP list.
There is a tradition in Belgrade to make celebration for our best sportman's.

Arggggg that was againts Nadal (Spaniard) you canīt post that here

Seriously, that was an amazing party on your country, Iīm impressed. To be honest Djokovic has deserved this tournament for sure, but you have still take in account that it took him many years, studying Nadal and his weakness points.

Back to topic, very nice video, what camera are you using for the night shoots, seems to do a very good job. Did you solve the oscilations that you had?

Thanks for sharing
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:24 PM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
AndrKolom, youīre on a very high level, thatīs for sure, youīve put togheter an almost perfect aerial video machine.

one question, why donīt you upload on vimeo? I think itīs way better than youtube on many aspects.
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess