HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:06 AM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Mike View Post
Super FPV flying! By the way, I'm surprised that you are using rubber bands for holding the props. And are those the 1045 props?

OMM
Cheers Mike, yes they are rubber bands. (thicker than standard) 8inch props.

The Quad is super lightweight, 6amp turnigy esc's, foxtechfpv quad frame cut down to 12inch. The motors are Robbe Roxxy 2815, 30grams each and really efficient. I can hover for 18-20 minutes with a 2200mah 3cell. I only fly FPV for 10 minutes at a time or i get too dizzy

Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2011, 09:08 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bracknell Forest
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerj View Post
This is my first post in the MK section and having followed the past week or two of heated debate I thought I would ask a nice simple question about Replacement Of Damaged Components!

I got my Hexa kit on Friday and I've been very well behaved, building it in slow time following a couple of peoples build threads and the Wiki all of which seem to cover most detail one way or another.

Sadly I came to attach the BL Ctl PCB's today but found one slightly damaged, as in a little black bit floating loose in the bag

This really annoyed me at first as it's stopped all progress which has been difficult enough for me being a relative newbee to the electronic building side of life!

Are the PCB's particularly fragile as this happened in transit?

Cheers and can I say the kit so far has been a pleasure to build and I really hope I'm doing everything right as there's a lot to go wrong

John
Well email was sent first thing this morning and I had a reply within an hour, sadly their kind offer to replace just the tiny ELKO element was of no use to me as the work is too fiddly and I don't want to muck up the whole PCB!

That said I was given an RMA number straight away and the unit is on it's way back to them, I've heard a lot of negative stories about MK backup / support but this was my first snag and they were most helpful.

Thanks guys
crackerj is offline Find More Posts by crackerj
Old Jul 04, 2011, 10:13 AM
Multi-Rotor Mad
UK
Joined Jul 2010
410 Posts
Well done on this video ,, I have been meaning to try a car chase from inside the car myself .. Great Flying

[QUOTE=simonjardine;18665104]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavess View Post
@timecop, the mk flies great on sport mode, you can even tune it more agressive if you want.

Sport mode on the MK is awesome, you can make it fly equally as aggressive as any other platform.
I had a great weekend with the small Hoverfly board, this time i pushed my FPV skills further

http://vimeo.com/25923139

Simon
QuadcoptersUk is offline Find More Posts by QuadcoptersUk
Old Jul 04, 2011, 10:30 AM
Joined Mar 2010
256 Posts
Whenever I've had wrong or missing parts in an order they have been fine - just sending whatever it was in an envelope to arrive a few days later.
Just a shame they won't do that for small orders rather than 22 TNT charge!
I'm still waiting on a navi-ctrl ARM chip from canada since no MK dealer in Europe would send it to me via standard airmail - and then there was a canadian postal strike
5 weeks so far, and I doubt it's even on it's way yet! No fault of the supplier of course, they did warn me about the strike, but the situation got worse.
Must have been terrible for their business.

Quote:
Well email was sent first thing this morning and I had a reply within an hour, sadly their kind offer to replace just the tiny ELKO element was of no use to me as the work is too fiddly and I don't want to muck up the whole PCB!

That said I was given an RMA number straight away and the unit is on it's way back to them, I've heard a lot of negative stories about MK backup / support but this was my first snag and they were most helpful.

Thanks guys
jim80 is offline Find More Posts by jim80
Old Jul 04, 2011, 01:36 PM
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Another basic question for you guys & gals that are in the know?

MK supply "Bridging Wire" with the kit, does anyone know if this is a specific resistance or will any similar wire suffice?

I've tried several electrical suppliers but they don't seem to stock this stuff which I thought was odd!

Thanks again

John
Old Jul 04, 2011, 03:23 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Another basic question for you guys & gals that are in the know?

MK supply "Bridging Wire" with the kit, does anyone know if this is a specific resistance or will any similar wire suffice?

I've tried several electrical suppliers but they don't seem to stock this stuff which I thought was odd!

Thanks again

John
Hmm never heard of it.. Where is it used? On the dist board?
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Jul 04, 2011, 03:30 PM
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
Yes, maybe I've miss-named it!

I mean the thin silver coloured wire used to mount the BL CTL to the power board, it's cut into short lengths and soldered at either end to connect PCB's to the power board.

Hope this helps :-)
Old Jul 04, 2011, 03:38 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Yes, maybe I've miss-named it!

I mean the thin silver coloured wire used to mount the BL CTL to the power board, it's cut into short lengths and soldered at either end to connect PCB's to the power board.

Hope this helps :-)
I have been using the surplus length of wire from the caps from the BL's for this use. It's just std wire.
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Jul 04, 2011, 03:45 PM
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
OK thanks for that,I think I'm getting paranoid about accuracy as I try to follow the build guide.

Thanks again

John
Old Jul 04, 2011, 04:17 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim80 View Post
Whenever I've had wrong or missing parts in an order they have been fine - just sending whatever it was in an envelope to arrive a few days later.
Just a shame they won't do that for small orders rather than 22 TNT charge!
I'm still waiting on a navi-ctrl ARM chip from canada since no MK dealer in Europe would send it to me via standard airmail - and then there was a canadian postal strike
5 weeks so far, and I doubt it's even on it's way yet! No fault of the supplier of course, they did warn me about the strike, but the situation got worse.
Must have been terrible for their business.
Not the happiest bunch of posties since they were forced back to work by the government. I'm lucky to be only a 2.5 hour drive from Zoltan. Just picked up an antenna when I was in TO last weekend. I couldn't wait. I'm sure Zoltan has shipped your part by now.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jul 04, 2011, 10:43 PM
Joined May 2006
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Your on
Just what i was about to do, i will use a standard MK Hexa, on sport mode..

Simon

Thanks for all the nice comments.
Hello Simon:
How to setup sport mode for Mk basic Quad and HEXA

Thanks
rtllrtll is offline Find More Posts by rtllrtll
Old Jul 04, 2011, 10:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I guess enable the 'heading hold' checkbox but maybe there's something else besides that as it still tried to autolevel for me wiht that ON.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:00 PM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
467 Posts
Novak Djokovic, won Wimbledon and became first on the ATP list.
There is a tradition in Belgrade to make celebration for our best sportman's.

Novak Djokovic docek ispred Skupstine - snimci iz helikoptera (2 min 41 sec)
dragant is offline Find More Posts by dragant
Old Jul 04, 2011, 11:40 PM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Feb 2009
276 Posts
[QUOTE=simonjardine;18665104]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavess View Post
@timecop, the mk flies great on sport mode, you can even tune it more agressive if you want.

Sport mode on the MK is awesome, you can make it fly equally as aggressive as any other platform.
I had a great weekend with the small Hoverfly board, this time i pushed my FPV skills further

http://vimeo.com/25923139

Simon
Great FPV flying - no words, Simon. For me seems as imporssible to fly like you!

There is small fragments for videoclip we made:

Music clip shooting from hexacopter board on camera Canon 5D Mark II (multicopter.ru) (0 min 53 sec)

Andrei
AndrKolom is offline Find More Posts by AndrKolom
Old Jul 05, 2011, 03:34 AM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
467 Posts
Very nice Andrei. This place look so unreal. Are those real houses or a movie scene?
dragant is offline Find More Posts by dragant