HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2011, 01:05 PM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc9n View Post
hey dragant nice hood you got there , what exactly is it?
It's salad bowl painted in black and left one small part unpainted at the top to be able to see GPS light.
With this I feel much secure than with standard MK soft cover. Also I made some distance between this cover and board so there is some air flow over the ESC's.
dragant is offline Find More Posts by dragant
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2011, 02:53 PM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
It's salad bowl painted in black and left one small part unpainted at the top to be able to see GPS light.
With this I feel much secure than with standard MK soft cover. Also I made some distance between this cover and board so there is some air flow over the ESC's.
cheap and reliable. well done.
i also think about it to do it , but here in Greece with have in summer 35c-40c celcious and i think the esc will suffer. what is your opinion. Thanks Man.
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old May 04, 2011, 03:16 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,154 Posts
Quote:
until now i took nly pics from s95 and it is crystal clear , i shoot only with AH and PH engaged.didnt try s95 video yet. And yes pics with S95 and Vids with Gopro
i found a old hands free wire from HTC mobile, and strip it , this gave me live video from s95 and camera triggering.

if you see my maiden flight it is with unbalanced props its is terrible!!! after i balance the props everything fixed, what do you mean balance the motors?
Hmm alrighty, guess that kinda confirms I need to do something about the motor-bells...

How did you make triggering cable ? I have stripped the included AV cable for live video (which works fine), but dunno how to trigger?
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old May 04, 2011, 03:31 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,462 Posts
gc9n. nice shots. Everytime I look at them, I swear they look like models found on a model railway scene. How did you get the shots to look like that? No disrespect intended but thats what it looks like to me
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old May 04, 2011, 06:03 PM
Joined Mar 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
gc9n. nice shots. Everytime I look at them, I swear they look like models found on a model railway scene. How did you get the shots to look like that? No disrespect intended but thats what it looks like to me
"Tilt Shift" style, or faking it : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniature_faking

There's some quite cool time lapsed stuff like this about, if you like that sort of thing.
jim80 is offline Find More Posts by jim80
Old May 04, 2011, 06:30 PM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
450 Posts
Quote:
cheap and reliable. well done.
i also think about it to do it , but here in Greece with have in summer 35c-40c celcious and i think the esc will suffer. what is your opinion. Thanks Man.
Just try to make some space for air flow and there shouldn't be problems with overheating. Holger say that ESC's are safe to 100C.
dragant is offline Find More Posts by dragant
Old May 04, 2011, 06:44 PM
Flying Kiwi
Wellington, NZ
Joined Apr 2005
778 Posts
Strange thing happened with my MK.

On powering up the MK the camera mount did a big tilt down....after about 5 seconds it slowly tilted back up and seemed to come right. Now I find that Chanel 7 and 8 have bound together on my Graupner MX16/jeti set. I feel it may be related ?

No amount of fiddling can unbind channel 7 from channel 8.

Anyone seen this before or have any leads ?

Cheers

Simon
booma is offline Find More Posts by booma
Old May 04, 2011, 08:58 PM
Flying Kiwi
Wellington, NZ
Joined Apr 2005
778 Posts
Playing at the beach....

Bait (1 min 29 sec)
booma is offline Find More Posts by booma
Last edited by booma; May 04, 2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old May 04, 2011, 10:17 PM
Joined Jul 2010
29 Posts
Nice video booma! What are you shooting with?

I have a question about my setup. I have a droidworx heavy lift quad frame using pulso 2814/22's and 12" CF props with 2.0 esc's. Lifting a Canon t2i is painful, it hovers at about 75% throttle and there is almost no extra power to help on fast descents, etc. I am still running the 4s flat pack 3800's, which are probably tired. Could this be the issue? I am really surprised I don't have more power, is anyone else having success with this setup? I should have plenty of thrust, right?
skycraft media is offline Find More Posts by skycraft media
Old May 05, 2011, 12:32 AM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycraft media View Post

I have a question about my setup. I have a droidworx heavy lift quad frame using pulso 2814/22's and 12" CF props with 2.0 esc's. Lifting a Canon t2i is painful, it hovers at about 75% throttle and there is almost no extra power to help on fast descents, etc. I am still running the 4s flat pack 3800's, which are probably tired. Could this be the issue? I am really surprised I don't have more power, is anyone else having success with this setup? I should have plenty of thrust, right?
This sounds about right to me. What is the overall weight?
The 13x65APC Props will give extra thrust at lower rpm. Our 13x65 Carbon props hit our shop yesterday, we have only 300 sets left

Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
Old May 05, 2011, 12:49 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,980 Posts
I have the same issue with the pulso's, while more efficient I need more throttle.... I will be proping up... currently I am running 12" apc

Quote:

saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 05, 2011, 02:34 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Thanks man its just an option in Canon S95 makes miniature effect on the fly, there is also in video mode. Is cool i know , one reason i bought this camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
Just try to make some space for air flow and there shouldn't be problems with overheating. Holger say that ESC's are safe to 100C.
yes heard that. nice thanks , i think there souldnt be any problem screw it into frame? right?
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old May 05, 2011, 03:17 AM
Randburg
Joined Jul 2008
343 Posts
Quote:

This does not sound right to me, It sounds like the power on v1 okto using 1,2BL, Roxxy's, EPP10X4.7 and 4S, lifting 550D. at an altitude of 1650m

I am now running 5S (just upgraded all the caps) and have more than enough power lifting a 550D.

Also just put on some APC 11X4.7 seems to be 10% more efficient hovering at around 35A/600w
Ryan Thomas is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Thomas
Old May 05, 2011, 05:14 AM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
Quote:

I've a Quad XL with DW landing gear and MD2 mount lifting a T2i with stock kit lens. it hovers at 50%. Camera is 800 grams. Using 12 in props. I get about 9 minutes flight time with the vislero 5000Mah.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old May 05, 2011, 11:16 AM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
833 Posts
Quote:

Skycraft media,

I had a similar situation with the AXI 2814/20 motors and 12" CF props on my heavy lift quad. I just finished testing out a set of counter rotating Xoar 13x6.5 wooden electric props and they were OUTSTANDING! More power with about the same amp draw and nice stable flight since there is NO flex in them! They are each about 5 grams lighter than the electric 13x6.5 APC props and in my opinion, much better. I even like them better than my coveted carbon fiber props which, by the way, do have more flex in them than I like for a heavy lift quad.
The only problem is finding a dealer who carries the counter-rotating ones. After spending days searching the web, the only place I could find that had them was a guy in France. Needless to say he charges a high premium price and very high shipping to the US.
Most dealers that I have talked to are not even aware that Xoar makes the counter-rotating pros since they were not listed on their website.
I don't know what the dealers are waiting for, this would be a gold mine for them. Most everyone with a heavy lift quad would switch as soon as they tried them.

Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg