HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2011, 02:32 PM
Stavern/Larvik - Norway
Joined Dec 2008
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsgodeep View Post
Thanks Robin (and others) for the confirmation. Just want to make sure I keep all the smoke where it belongs.
I've been using the Turnigy 2217/20 for well over a year now and only had one go bad out of 12 motors in regular use (between my octo and quad).
Granted...I've not used them with 4s batteries...but I'm about to go try that now.

Speaking of batteries...I have been using the Rhino 4900mah 3s batteries. The 4s version is $50 on HobbyKing. Does anyone have any other suggestions on batteries...or are those probably the best deal out there?

Thanks,
Brent
Im happy with the nano-tech batteries.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11936

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11957
robin4 is offline Find More Posts by robin4
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2011, 02:35 PM
Don L.
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim80 View Post
Don, it seems to work just fine! I ordered the 652s a few weeks back when it was still nearly impossible to get 620s, soldered up the board the night before last and tried it out today. Flies very well indeed.
Tinkering the resistors on top of the caps is very easy to do.

Looks like the 620s are back, I got some samples last week after waiting about 3 months (not that I'm complaining!) and I see some people have them again. The 652s are still cheaper, but not by a huge amount.
Jim, thanks for the feedback. This is good information to store away for the future.

- Don
dleroi is online now Find More Posts by dleroi
Old Apr 22, 2011, 02:51 PM
I reject your reality... :-)
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Kvistgård
Joined Oct 2009
1 Posts
POI accuracy

Hi All

I need some help!

I have been testing the POI feature for three day now and cannot get it to work.

please see the video, it seems that the camera is off by almost 45 degrees when it point at the POI no matter what i try i have done +30 flights and it is the same every time... IF i have 5 waypoints looking at the POI maybe two will be correct the rest is off and almost allways the camera is to far to the left of the target. and sometimes it completely losses the target as you can see at WP4 it stops yawing towards the POI.

POI Test (3 min 3 sec)

PS the auto landing in 0.84 works like a charm

Srolin
srolin is offline Find More Posts by srolin
Old Apr 22, 2011, 06:59 PM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsgodeep View Post
Speaking of batteries...I have been using the Rhino 4900mah 3s batteries. The 4s version is $50 on HobbyKing. Does anyone have any other suggestions on batteries...or are those probably the best deal out there?

Thanks,
Brent
Turnigy 4S 5000 $29.99
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9177
dragant is offline Find More Posts by dragant
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:09 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,205 Posts
Hey guys, my Hexa just stopped responding. When I power up I get the motor chirps but then nothing else. No leds on the FC or NC. I disconnected them both and connected to the MKUSB and no leds that way either. Seems the NC has a very faint red led lit. I checked all my power connections etc and all read correctly. I had it sitting on the bench a couple days ago and it started chirping as if it lost radio signal but the tx was right next to it, and I confirmed I had no radio link. I replugged the lipo and it worked again. Today it was on the bench and just chirped once and I had no radio control. Replugged and nothing now.

Any advice on how to test the FC and NC? FYI, if I have the GPS board connected to the NC, it works, lights up and gets a lock.

Thanks

EDIT: Bad Navi Board. Another one on the way now.
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by techspy; Apr 22, 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:17 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin4 View Post
Thanks Robin. Sorry but one more question. Will the leds take 4s? I thought they were 12v only.

Some more pics of the hexa and gopro mount.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:40 PM
Flying Kiwi
Wellington, NZ
Joined Apr 2005
778 Posts
Poor mans 3 axis mount....

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to interrupt the PPM stream to allow a second transmitter to control Yaw and Tilt ?

Alternately some kind of hack to the trainer mode that accesses just those functions ?

I was thinking that this might make for a good poor mans solution to enable going 3 axis [in carefree mode] without the need for a second FC and 3 axis mount.
booma is offline Find More Posts by booma
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:14 AM
Australia, QLD, Cairns
Joined Sep 2010
45 Posts
New Compass Calibration

Hi all, after installing V.084 my Hexa XL flies like a pig. Is it just me or does everybody else spend as much time sorting out bugs than flying the F#@!in thing ? Sorry had to vent there a bit.

Anyway my issue is that when I get into the new compass calibration procedure all is well until I go to the roll axis (3 pips, 2nd step) and the find I am unable to get to the calibration (many beeps) phase and with a nick down movement it the proceeds to the yaw axis calibration, meaning I only seem to be able to calibrate on 2 axis only . So my question is anybody else having the same problem ? or am I doing it wrong......wouldn't be the first time.

Cheers & thanks in advance for any much appreciated assistance

STu
BizViz is offline Find More Posts by BizViz
Old Apr 23, 2011, 02:00 AM
Stavern/Larvik - Norway
Joined Dec 2008
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Thanks Robin. Sorry but one more question. Will the leds take 4s? I thought they were 12v only.

The leds handle 4s without any problems
robin4 is offline Find More Posts by robin4
Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:25 AM
Joined Dec 2005
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post

How much does the frame weight? These motors look kind of small for that frame. Just my $0.02.
nikivan is offline Find More Posts by nikivan
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:09 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizViz View Post
Hi all, after installing V.084 my Hexa XL flies like a pig. Is it just me or does everybody else spend as much time sorting out bugs than flying the F#@!in thing ? Sorry had to vent there a bit.

Anyway my issue is that when I get into the new compass calibration procedure all is well until I go to the roll axis (3 pips, 2nd step) and the find I am unable to get to the calibration (many beeps) phase and with a nick down movement it the proceeds to the yaw axis calibration, meaning I only seem to be able to calibrate on 2 axis only . So my question is anybody else having the same problem ? or am I doing it wrong......wouldn't be the first time.

Cheers & thanks in advance for any much appreciated assistance

STu
I had no chance in flight behavior going from .82 to to .84. Remember that some parameters change (like their range or their sensitivity), which is why you can't always be sure that it will handle the same way (which is again the reason why the release note says don't use old values).

With the compass, just verify that you have correct north, and a linear rising/falling all the way around.
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:35 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikivan View Post
How much does the frame weight? These motors look kind of small for that frame. Just my $0.02.
The frame weight, without the motors is 1065g's. The motors are RCtimer 2830/14 750kv motors. They do look a little small though.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:46 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
i experienced the same, so i dis connect every thing and only connect fc to mkusb with jumper and flash firmware to fc again and then led cameon as normal, but my navi still not working, i m thinking about reinstall boot loader on navi via jtag.

i hope this help

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
Hey guys, my Hexa just stopped responding. When I power up I get the motor chirps but then nothing else. No leds on the FC or NC. I disconnected them both and connected to the MKUSB and no leds that way either. Seems the NC has a very faint red led lit. I checked all my power connections etc and all read correctly. I had it sitting on the bench a couple days ago and it started chirping as if it lost radio signal but the tx was right next to it, and I confirmed I had no radio link. I replugged the lipo and it worked again. Today it was on the bench and just chirped once and I had no radio control. Replugged and nothing now.

Any advice on how to test the FC and NC? FYI, if I have the GPS board connected to the NC, it works, lights up and gets a lock.

Thanks

EDIT: Bad Navi Board. Another one on the way now.
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:43 PM
Australia, QLD, Cairns
Joined Sep 2010
45 Posts
Thanks Wiz, I think I sorted the compass out which I think was why it was behaving the way it did, however now with altitude hold on it seems to sometimes violently pitch forward and then correct itself. I find also the the GPS hold also is not as stable as before.
In any case I will keep tweaking until I can get it to fly well enough that I can trust it with my 550D on board and finally get some decent footage.

Thanks for answering my post

Cheers

Stu
BizViz is offline Find More Posts by BizViz
Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:02 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizViz View Post
Thanks Wiz, I think I sorted the compass out which I think was why it was behaving the way it did, however now with altitude hold on it seems to sometimes violently pitch forward and then correct itself. I find also the the GPS hold also is not as stable as before.
In any case I will keep tweaking until I can get it to fly well enough that I can trust it with my 550D on board and finally get some decent footage.

Thanks for answering my post

Cheers

Stu
Try lowering the GPS gain. I have had the same behaviour when the mk goes from say 8 to 9 sats.
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod