Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
send it back to Mikrokopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
hello all,

may i get some help on my navi please

i tried to up firmware on my navi board and yes i connected everything correctly, i used to up firmware for navi before but this time it give me time out error. i also tried power up when connect message show up and did not work, so from my reading, it look like bad bootloader and i will need to install boot loader

my reading tell me that i have to get
1 jtag----> please show me the link to buy one that will work
2 navi----> bootloader, do not know where to get it, can not find in mk website, please give me link or send file to noppita@hotmail.com
3 st caps2.40 ---> no longer exist in st.com, which one to get that will work with jtag noppita@hotmail.com

thanknyou for helping
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
thank you, do you have those info that i ask
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:23 PM
Joined Dec 2005
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Thomas View Post
I had this issue and a few flights later one of my roxxy's gave up, stopped in mid air with my 550D, I was able to land on the remaning 7 motors, but I am sure it was that motor causing the my yaw errors
Well, that's disturbing. I am running a set of brand new MK3538 motors. How can I find out which motor is causing the issue without removing it from the frame? BTW, I am not happy about the quality control of these. Out of six motors, four produce some clicking noise when turned by hand. At $100 a pop you'd think they should do better.
nikivan is offline Find More Posts by nikivan
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:39 PM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikivan View Post
Well, that's disturbing. I am running a set of brand new MK3538 motors. How can I find out which motor is causing the issue without removing it from the frame? BTW, I am not happy about the quality control of these. Out of six motors, four produce some clicking noise when turned by hand. At $100 a pop you'd think they should do better.
Yip, we sent half of our order back, we now have the 3638's and they are much smoother :-) Noticed that although they are better, the prop adapters are all too soft and some are bent causing wobble and vibration.
Looks like we are sticking with the Axi's for now

Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:51 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
894 Posts
Quote:
hello all,

i tried to up firmware on my navi board and yes i connected everything correctly, i used to up firmware for navi before but this time it give me time out error. i also tried power up when connect message show up and did not work, so from my reading, it look like bad bootloader and i will need to install boot loader

thank you for helping
Noppita,

When you begin your updating procedure you will see that on the MKTool screen it will show that it is "reading the file". Right after that it will say something like "Attempting to start bootloader". If, after a short period of time the bootloader does not start you will get the "time out" error message and that the "update failed".

Go and do the update procedure again, but this time try this: Just as the screen says "Attempting to load bootloader", at that second switch off the power to the FC then a second later switch it back on. In most instances this will force the bootloader to load itself. I just had to do this trick on mine two days ago & it worked perfectly.

Good luck,
Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:27 PM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
I am running a set of brand new MK3538 motors. ..BTW, I am not happy about the quality control of these. Out of six motors, four produce some clicking noise when turned by hand. At $100 a pop you'd think they should do better.
+1 here. 5 motors out of 12 came with crackling bearings too.. not a big difference with those turnigy's costs 1/3 of pulso..
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:08 PM
Joined Jul 2010
29 Posts
Quote:
hello all,

my reading tell me that i have to get
1 jtag----> please show me the link to buy one that will work
2 navi----> bootloader, do not know where to get it, can not find in mk website, please give me link or send file to noppita@hotmail.com
3 st caps2.40 ---> no longer exist in st.com, which one to get that will work with jtag noppita@hotmail.com

thanknyou for helping
I do not know if this will work with the navi board, but it did fix my flight control board after a bad update.

http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/...date_failed.3F

Simon- I think they are your 12" blades, I bought them from quadrocopter.us. They appear to fly (and look) beautiful. I will certainly let you know if they are out of balance. Thanks for standing behind your product!
skycraft media is offline Find More Posts by skycraft media
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:54 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,091 Posts
rediculous that those motors have bearing problems. MK is losing it man.... so many parts like compass and motors and GPS etc are not living up to the price and expectations. Lest we forget about the bad soldering jobs on the gyro's they still won't admit to on the early black FC boards or the version 2.0 escs fiasco those of use who got the first batch had to live with.... or their terrible customer support.

SAD H&I very sad, step it up over there! Quit making features like "follow me" and make the ones we have actually work......youu are losing customers.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmit View Post
+1 here. 5 motors out of 12 came with crackling bearings too.. not a big difference with those turnigy's costs 1/3 of pulso..
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:37 AM
Flying Kiwi
Wellington, NZ
Joined Apr 2005
794 Posts
Quote:
+ another one here, I have had over half the MK3538 on my Okto replaced because of the bearings, I have given up sourcing them from MK because the RMA process is glacial ! I queried their quality control and was assured it was first class.....that is clearly a joke.

@ Nikivan, I was just running them individually from motortest in the MKtool to try and isolate the problem motor/s. I found rattling them around a bit by hand was quite effective as well.

Net result is I will never use MK motors again...AXI all the way from now on.
booma is offline Find More Posts by booma
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:08 AM
Stavern/Larvik - Norway
Joined Dec 2008
798 Posts
Pulso

Hi!

Does anyone have any experience with pulso motors?

Im considering the 2217/20s
robin4 is offline Find More Posts by robin4
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:28 AM
Russian Federation, St Petersburg
Joined Jan 2007
76 Posts
Motor problems

Hi all,

just reading myself into the MK topics, as I have an Okto2-26 on the way. Receipt only next week and NO experience yet at all.
As the engine in the Okto is to be Roxxy 2827-35 does this mean I can "not worry, be happy" ?
As I have not mounted anything yet, what's the best way to do some motor testing before I even mount them on, or is this not needed ?

Best regards,
Ruud
Ruud Westerhout is online now Find More Posts by Ruud Westerhout
Old Apr 20, 2011, 04:12 AM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Westerhout View Post
Hi all,

just reading myself into the MK topics, as I have an Okto2-26 on the way. Receipt only next week and NO experience yet at all.
As the engine in the Okto is to be Roxxy 2827-35 does this mean I can "not worry, be happy" ?
As I have not mounted anything yet, what's the best way to do some motor testing before I even mount them on, or is this not needed ?

Best regards,
Ruud
Rudd, no need to test those motors
Uut of the 1000's that passed through my hands none have had bad bearings,
Just be careful with attaching prop adapter (don't strip the tiny thread, use lock tight)
Those MK3538's out of the ones that worked, they are really nice.
I think i mentioned testing mk3638's which were all perfect. It's always hard to get it right first time... Having said this, 2 of the 8 x 3638's had bent prop adapters, i can live with this, but not with bad bearings
Simon

@OMM i didn't get a chance to test the GoPro filter today, try before the week is over.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 05:03 AM
Joined Jan 2007
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Just be careful with attaching prop adapter (don't strip the tiny thread, use lock tight)
Thanks for that Simon.
I have a Gaui Quad 330X-S and was told to never use lock tight on the props as the liquid might destroy the plastic props. I changed the nice colorfull nut on the top for a "self fixing" nut which has some plastic inside to keep it from moving. Never had a problem with those, where once I had a prop shot in the air with the original nuts.

Looks like I am going to see some differences between my Quad experience and the upcoming MK Okto.

And by the way, GoPro already available, so in some future I might be able to give some input on that

regards,
Ruud
Old Apr 20, 2011, 05:07 AM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Westerhout View Post
Thanks for that Simon.
I have a Gaui Quad 330X-S and was told to never use lock tight on the props as the liquid might destroy the plastic props. I changed the nice colorfull nut on the top for a "self fixing" nut which has some plastic inside to keep it from moving. Never had a problem with those, where once I had a prop shot in the air with the original nuts.

Looks like I am going to see some differences between my Quad experience and the upcoming MK Okto.

And by the way, GoPro already available, so in some future I might be able to give some input on that

regards,
Ruud
Sorry Rudd i mean the prop adapter has 3 little screw holding it to the motor, use lock tight there, not on the prop screw .
Simon
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:02 AM
Joined Jan 2007
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjardine View Post
Sorry Rudd i mean the prop adapter has 3 little screw holding it to the motor, use lock tight there, not on the prop screw .
Simon
Hi Simon,

OK, that's understood, will make sure I do.

CU, Ruud