ok i'll bite what is a ltup atm????
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:34 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,240 Posts
Laguna Woods ATM, I see ya...but I'll just keep driving, no thanks to that. I like hanging out with young people, they make me smile.

My mother is down there, she lost patience with people also, she is 94. How ever she still wants to work, she wants to be a fireman and drive a Hook and Ladder.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:46 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,932 Posts
Hey Al ...hows the wine ? ...what falvor is it ?
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Nov 13, 2010, 04:26 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,484 Posts
Did he ask me to dance again? Man ??I haven't danced in a decade But trust me I haven't forgotten
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Nov 13, 2010, 05:17 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,240 Posts
Rodger,

I really don't drink that much wine, I just like to joke about it. However I do sniff lots of epoxy and CA and get absolutely no buzz, I just start seeing cross eyed.

PS Tam figured it out, my new nick name Crazy Al.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 05:19 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
All this postin' & no buildin'....

Someone's gotta get this bird in the air so I know whether or not I flushed $200 down the terlit!
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Nov 13, 2010, 05:30 PM
gilbert,az
Joined Dec 2005
3,950 Posts
You got one to Chad? What about the f-16?
mpope1 is offline Find More Posts by mpope1
Old Nov 13, 2010, 05:34 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,484 Posts
I will have mine in AZ next weekend I'll be building at night in my hotel after work I'm bringing my A-4 too. I can go Friday and maybe Sat
Old Nov 13, 2010, 09:01 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
I will have mine in AZ next weekend I'll be building at night in my hotel after work I'm bringing my A-4 too. I can go Friday and maybe Sat
Bob,

I will be at the Jet Rally on Saturday. If yours is ready to go I'll make sure & get some good video & stills for you.

If you need some tools / equipment that you don't have in your truck, let us know... Mike Pope, Bob Ruff, and I all live within a 2 mile radius!

Chad
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Nov 13, 2010, 09:30 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,484 Posts
Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:40 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,531 Posts
I agree with Scalefan. Total waste of bandwidth. Go whine at your government, this is not the place for this type of post.

By the way the $14 is for SHIPPING, did I even mention one word of TAX? You just read what you want to read and started typing away. Please stick to the topic or else go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireryPhoenix View Post
Not silly ... at least from their business stand point.

Taxation is KILLING American brick and mortar business; especially in California.

As a former brick 'n mortar owner (I wonder how many on here can ACTUALLY say that?) I know that City and State taxes will bite 30% or more into your profits.

Now I understand that you as a consumer think that $14 is a big deal, and it is, but take that $14 and multiply it by 1000 in a year... that is $14,000.00 and THAT is no small piece of change.

I think that MOST Hobby Consumers feel that R/C dealers are making MILLIONS of dollar; nothing could be furthest from the truth. The only people making bags of $$$ in the hobbies are the manufactures in China where they work people for a few dollars per day and then sell the lots to U.S./European importers for several hundreds, even thousands of percent markup.

If you are buying an ARF directly from China, the costs in labor and materials to make that .60 sized arf is around $15 - $20 U.S. / unit. Then its either sold on a China-Direct site for $120 - $150 or to an importer like Global or Hobbico where it is sold for $150 - $200.00 U.S..

OK, OK all this setup just to counter $14.00. I just wanted to educate and inform that is all.

Nitroplanes DOES have a reason for not allowing walk-ins. The City tax would be in the 10's of thousands annually on their total business. Now do you think they could offer such desired products for just $200.00 if they also had to factor that $14.00 out of their equation and the 30% more in taxes? No they wouldn't.

If City and State taxes were included into the price and you could walk-in and just pay for the kit, you would be spending around $260.00 for the kit.

So do you spend $214.00 or $260.00? Personally, I will just spend the $214 and thank God that I have the resources to pay that and still put a roof over my head and food on my table; but that is just me!

Jonathan
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:04 AM
speedin n da weeds :)
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
Did he ask me to dance again? Man ??I haven't danced in a decade But trust me I haven't forgotten
We don't dance no more now days, we GANGSTA BOOGIE
sikky is offline Find More Posts by sikky
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:42 AM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Sorry guys, but i just can't stand those cheap plastic wheels and the wire look .

I'll be using A Nue 1415 1.5y and Midi fan 8's ice 100 esc and some Hyperion 45c 3300mAH packs i already have with only 2 flights on them. No need to go to a Nue 15xx size eats up the packs faster from my experience in my bigger jets.

Weight of plane with everything plus packs - minus motor esc & fan 5.2lbs.

Working on the gear door next and making better wheel covers for the mains, more closer to the real T-45's gear doors.

Oh yea for pilots I will be using world models 1/7 scale pilots ordered them yesterday.
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Last edited by FlyBoyTha1; Nov 14, 2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:24 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,240 Posts
Marvin,

You son of a gun, you got Tam to make a special nose gear for you. The trailing link mains and the duel wheel nose really make that jet look super.

NICE !....
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:32 AM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Marvin,

You son of a gun, you got Tam to make a special nose gear for you. The trailing link mains and the duel wheel nose really make that jet look super.

NICE !....
I did it myself from going to Tam's so often i learn his tricks by seeing everything thats going on in the shop

And i painted the rims white

Al,

I figure the Nue 1415 1.5Y would be a good choice same setup as my "JTM" Hawk, but it's 9lbs and it flys good on that setup on 4200mAH 35c's.
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1