HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:54 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,401 Posts
I emailed them and was already told no will call allowed, no matter how it's paid. Bummer.

Kinda silly to pay $14 shipping to send it few blocks over.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:00 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,940 Posts
Logging on

I was wondering why everyone stopped posting.

Didn't know Marv closed the thread.

I thought he was joining in the fun with the rude dudes comment. Shortest poem ever but rude dude works for me. A rhyme is a rhyme. LOL

Just tagging along for now.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:01 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,634 Posts
Thats good news Bob! Especially about those sweet looking struts. Good job on asking them for us!

Danny
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Nov 13, 2010, 02:19 AM
gal
Joined Sep 2009
98 Posts
did any one fly this baby

hi i am flying the fly fly mb339 90mm and was thinking of geting this baby but there is no report of his flight caricters
(the mb339 is allmost a triner)
so did any one get him in the air allredy and can help me deside thanks
gal
gal is offline Find More Posts by gal
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
well it was a great thread ...i thought our loss
Herb has done a FANTASTIC job with his thread here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1336098&pp=100
FireryPhoenix is offline Find More Posts by FireryPhoenix
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
That's awesome man! Thanks! Wonder how many they have left. i have to imagine they wills ell out soon.
Yes, they are down to just a few dozen... should be out of stock in a month or so.

Jonathan
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:51 AM
Everett, WA
Joined Aug 2002
659 Posts
Check out these T-45 paint schemes...
eaticus is offline Find More Posts by eaticus
Last edited by eaticus; Nov 13, 2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: add pic
Old Nov 13, 2010, 02:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280 View Post
I emailed them and was already told no will call allowed, no matter how it's paid. Bummer.

Kinda silly to pay $14 shipping to send it few blocks over.
Not silly ... at least from their business stand point.

Taxation is KILLING American brick and mortar business; especially in California.

As a former brick 'n mortar owner (I wonder how many on here can ACTUALLY say that?) I know that City and State taxes will bite 30% or more into your profits.

Now I understand that you as a consumer think that $14 is a big deal, and it is, but take that $14 and multiply it by 1000 in a year... that is $14,000.00 and THAT is no small piece of change.

I think that MOST Hobby Consumers feel that R/C dealers are making MILLIONS of dollar; nothing could be furthest from the truth. The only people making bags of $$$ in the hobbies are the manufactures in China where they work people for a few dollars per day and then sell the lots to U.S./European importers for several hundreds, even thousands of percent markup.

If you are buying an ARF directly from China, the costs in labor and materials to make that .60 sized arf is around $15 - $20 U.S. / unit. Then its either sold on a China-Direct site for $120 - $150 or to an importer like Global or Hobbico where it is sold for $150 - $200.00 U.S..

OK, OK all this setup just to counter $14.00. I just wanted to educate and inform that is all.

Nitroplanes DOES have a reason for not allowing walk-ins. The City tax would be in the 10's of thousands annually on their total business. Now do you think they could offer such desired products for just $200.00 if they also had to factor that $14.00 out of their equation and the 30% more in taxes? No they wouldn't.

If City and State taxes were included into the price and you could walk-in and just pay for the kit, you would be spending around $260.00 for the kit.

So do you spend $214.00 or $260.00? Personally, I will just spend the $214 and thank God that I have the resources to pay that and still put a roof over my head and food on my table; but that is just me!

Jonathan
Old Nov 13, 2010, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
P.s. two of the T-45's are arriving at my door on Monday.

Thank you too all who have spent the time and money building this model and 'smoothing the road' for the rest of us.

I don't care if Nitroplanes and the others give their models to builders for review or if the people like Marvin, Herb, and Marine Corps Dave, buy out of their pockets. They still are taking the time to share information with the rest of us.

I also found it rude and insulting that people would try and hijack a build thread with poetry and other crap. If you want to dance, come dance with me down in LTUP and lets see who wins! So keep it germane to the discussion: how is it built? Is it worth the cost? Does it fly? The other crap, come down into LTUP and lets see how far you get...
Old Nov 13, 2010, 02:49 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,289 Posts
Ha-ha-ha!!!! Little proud of yourself there eh cowboy We are all here having fun discussing this plane. If you want a cold sterile thread start it in your blog so you can monitor it the way you see fit Komrade

We are all just having fun here while waiting for the kits or other parts. Relax and join in, but don't come in here with that chip on your shoulder. This is just in fun.
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Nov 13, 2010, 02:51 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,289 Posts
Herb's blog thread is awesome! Full of great info and that thread will be left to just discussion about his build and our questions regarding things about it, but here this is for everyones entertainment and adding their bits and pieces. So please lighten up
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
Ha-ha-ha!!!! Little proud of yourself there eh cowboy We are all here having fun discussing this plane. If you want a cold sterile thread start it in your blog so you can monitor it the way you see fit Komrade

We are all just having fun here while waiting for the kits or other parts. Relax and join in, but don't come in here with that chip on your shoulder. This is just in fun.
No Chip, just telling you and others how I honestly feel. Freedom of thought and expression. I am having fun reading about the builds and what people are doing. Great action! Great blog by Herb. Nothing more nothing less.

Nothing personal towards you or the other poetry posters. its just that after 4 decades of life, I have NEGATIVE patience with people; that's all

Jonathan
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:13 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,289 Posts
Well in your 5th decade you will realize that you NEED more patience Inviting strangers to "dance" is extremely bad for your health! You never know who might show up for your offer!
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
Well in your 5th decade you will realize that you NEED more patience Inviting strangers to "dance" is extremely bad for your health! You never know who might show up for your offer!
I'm down in LTUP ATM for another 30 min or so ... I am waiting

J
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:28 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,234 Posts
FairyPhonix, (spelling mistakes are planned)

You can tell anyone how you feel, but if you don't like it here, go away. Your post is exactly a waste of time, take your business lecture to other people that can protest on the street.

On another point, you are wrong with most of what you posted above regarding taxes. They have to pay them anyway, and the city tax is very minor. I know, I do the taxes every day, have been for 35 years. The city tax is paid yearly with the business license, it is based on sales out of that location. Do you think Nitroplanes is cheating?

Nitro doesn't want will call, because they simply don't want to dedicate a person, or their time, nothing more. They also don't want customers snooping around their location, I bet most of their employees don't speak good English. They could also charge a pickup charge, but they simply don't want to be bothered dealing with the headaches of guys like you stopping in and telling them how to runt their business.
SCALEFAN is online now Find More Posts by SCALEFAN