SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 06, 2011, 07:38 AM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo21 View Post
Hey guys, anybody know where I can get one of these in Australia?

Cheers
Mat6t
I've been trying but the completely useless distributor for CMPRO in Australia (Model Engines) won't supply me as I don't have a physical shop front, even though I could sell a dozen of them right now with fans etc (although I did think about putting a Stumax sign on my garage and sending them a pic of it), and none of the few retail hobby shops left over here could be bothered to order one for me. I tried Nitroplanes, he wouldn't ship to me, but said he'd put me on to someone who would. Months on I'm still waiting for him to put me in touch with his "friend" (but I hear that's par for the course with Nitroplanes, so probably better of not dealing with them), and the other shops in USA who carry it won't ship downunder. I got a Fly Fly Mirage from a friend instead , gonna glass it and make it into a decent aircraft.

Stu.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2011, 09:57 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCJE1&P=7

$35 bucks

I'm using the freewing e-retract with the CMP struts. The freewing has a 4mm struts. For the steering I used the white plastic one that came with the kit. I just trimed it down and drilled two holes for the wires.
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Last edited by jet-ster; Apr 06, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 10:23 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,531 Posts
Stu I'd love to help you, but I can't even get Nitroplanes to send me one 40 miles away without getting damaged.

Why don't you contact one of the dealers in Asia? They are closer to you anyway.

Danny: That is one slick setup!
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:44 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
today I decided to install my arc 75-1 on a brand new midi fan. I shimmed the motor and turns out the fan is rubbing on the top. I'm just kinda pissed. And with the arc 75-1 being a long and heavy motor a buddy of mine has his cracking at the stator on the housing. After a few hard lands it's pretty much trash.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 06:23 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2007
335 Posts
Wow, that sounds scary, I have the exact same setup, haven't install yet. I notice if I move the rotor "outward" but still within the housing, then it does not rub. If I try to put it all the way in, it rubs badly.
Don't use too much loctie on the screws, if it spills onto the stator, it weakens the plastic over time.
I made 2 flat spots on the motor shaft so that the set screws have something to grab. After seeing my friend's rotor fly out during testing, I decide do that every time.
nerv is offline Find More Posts by nerv
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:46 PM
Mansell Models
United States, UT, Layton
Joined May 2004
1,352 Posts
I also have the same setup, but I have not built mine yet. Thanks for the heads up.

Tom
N827TM is offline Find More Posts by N827TM
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:05 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
Sorry about the rant, but for the money we pay we shouldn't have to monkey with it like that. So I ended up putting back my CS 90mm ACR 75-1. Honestly my CS seem alot smoother then the midi after I have balance it out. Guess I'll just have to turn up my timing to a higher setting for the CS, due to it have less amp draw then the midi.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:26 AM
Mansell Models
Joined May 2004
1,352 Posts
Yes, that is what I thought, the midi would be hassle free. I guess I better order a CS fan. Is the fan housing stronger on the CS than the midi? Is it possible to use the Midi fan with the CS fan housing? I new to this too.. can you tell.

Tom
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:46 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
CS housing is much stronger. I was going to pull out the midi rotor and install it into the CS housing but I have everything all balanced out perfectly.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:59 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2007
335 Posts
Also, the arc75-1 needs to be wrapped in aluminum tape before insert into the housing so that it fits there tight, more support and less vibration.
nerv is offline Find More Posts by nerv
Old Apr 12, 2011, 04:20 PM
gilbert,az
Joined Dec 2005
3,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N827TM View Post
Yes, that is what I thought, the midi would be hassle free. I guess I better order a CS fan. Is the fan housing stronger on the CS than the midi? Is it possible to use the Midi fan with the CS fan housing? I new to this too.. can you tell.

Tom
Tom if you want hassle free, pick up a changesun for 70 bucks. Balanced with the motor installed, just screw it in. I had 4 flights today, and probably logged in more then 50 on this fan and its rock solid on 6s.
mpope1 is offline Find More Posts by mpope1
Old Apr 12, 2011, 05:12 PM
Mansell Models
Joined May 2004
1,352 Posts
Mike,

I think I will order a CS setup like yours!! Your bird flies awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

Tom
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:31 PM
Los Angeles Van Nuys, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,111 Posts
Where to order this CS setup from ?

Thanks,
Janusz
Janusz Jawien is offline Find More Posts by Janusz Jawien
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:50 PM
gilbert,az
Joined Dec 2005
3,950 Posts
I got mine thru pro-edf, but I don't know if they are still in business. There is a thread on some of there other fans, you may want to check there. Here is a link but I would read some of the other threads about this co. before you order! http://proedf.com/?p=6&id=57&new=&ca...cat0=5&lang=en
mpope1 is offline Find More Posts by mpope1
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:15 AM
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
fan

for what it's worth, my 2 cents. The rclander 90mm dps that uses 9 and 10s is extremely smooth (factory balanced) sounds great and very powerful. A bit heavy, but at 3000+ watts and 9.9 lbs of thrust, it scoots. It fits very nicely with the stock intake and thrust tube. Just a little work. It's around 179.00. not cheap. But I think the quality is good. I'll let you know, going to fly again this weekend after some wing repairs. Got to get the landings nailed. stm
stmbike is offline Find More Posts by stmbike