HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:31 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
I have an old Hacker B50-15L. If I were to get a MIDI fan and run this on 6S-5000, do you guys think this system would be considered light and have enough power to fly this bird?
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:36 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
I was checking out the formers up around the nose gear and battery tray, they are Super thin ply! Not sure why they have decided to use them But the wings are good.

Danny
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:19 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280 View Post
I have an old Hacker B50-15L. If I were to get a MIDI fan and run this on 6S-5000, do you guys think this system would be considered light and have enough power to fly this bird?
Steph, B50-15L on 8S with some throttle managment (2200W). 7S would be marginal I think.

They are good motors and hold up very well

- but maybe a motor with cooling holes (Neu 15xx, Arc, HYK, Mega EDF, ...) would give you better peace of mind.

http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_d...ets/hm-B50.htm

http://www.s4a.ch/eflight/fancalc.htm

Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:35 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Thanks Herb!
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:40 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster View Post
I was checking out the formers up around the nose gear and battery tray, they are Super thin ply! Not sure why they have decided to use them But the wings are good.

Danny
Here's how i used the TamJets mini retracts sinse you have a pair, used the stock wire strut then cut the end off fits perfect in the retract bay.
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:09 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,592 Posts
Thanks Marvin! So Tam's fit right in the blocks with no mods?
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:29 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,161 Posts
oh boy i have 2 sets of tams and 2 sets of 602's ...a midi ...just need a motor .....oh and the Plane...man i need more RX's too
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:41 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
Thanks Marvin! So Tam's fit right in the blocks with no mods?
Yep, and i guess the 602's would be next to the best without mods.
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:50 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
Fly Boy Tha 1

I can't find the works.......................................... for your actions....

Thanks Tumbler for getting this going again, really looking forward to the flight review. Kinda wantta get it right now......hard not to push the buttttttttttooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn-must wait!!
sikky is offline Find More Posts by sikky
Last edited by sikky; Nov 11, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:25 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
with past expriences with nitro is that if you don't pull the trigger now, it might be OUT of STOCK forever.....
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:25 AM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
forever.....
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:14 AM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,086 Posts
sometimes even longer with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster View Post
forever.....
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:21 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,592 Posts
Man I'm so bummed! My fuse was crushed in shipping Both inlets and the upper sides of the fuse ducting are cracked like a spider web. What a shame! This is such a nice looking plane and the pictures make it look really good, but its BETTER in person When they open at noon I'm calling and going to drive in there and exchange it! I wanted to get on this right away. I will be working in AZ all next week and planning on taking this with me to get it mostly built at night in the hotel room I sure hope they let me come in and exchange it I pickup up all my servos yesterday at Cermark and I already had the Tam retracts, so I just need to assemble it. When I get back I can take it to Air Sally to have a look at the ducting. They actually look good to me but big for scale.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:23 AM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,086 Posts
Oh noooo! Sorry man. I bought 2 Falcon .25's a few years ago from them and the canopies were crushed on both of them. Never did get replacements, but I think their service is at least a little better now days so you will be fine I am sure.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
Man I'm so bummed! My fuse was crushed in shipping Both inlets and the upper sides of the fuse ducting are cracked like a spider web. What a shame! This is such a nice looking plane and the pictures make it look really good, but its BETTER in person When they open at noon I'm calling and going to drive in there and exchange it! I wanted to get on this right away. I will be working in AZ all next week and planning on taking this with me to get it mostly built at night in the hotel room I sure hope they let me come in and exchange it I pickup up all my servos yesterday at Cermark and I already had the Tam retracts, so I just need to assemble it. When I get back I can take it to Air Sally to have a look at the ducting. They actually look good to me but big for scale.
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:27 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,592 Posts
Yeah I have had to go in and get exchanges several times in the past without issue. They really do truly want to be the best in service and have gone out of their way to help.

It's just such a let down! It's like being a 10 year at Christmas and Grandma or Santa forgot the Batteries with the cool new Batmobile