SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:59 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
2S A123 straight into the receiver for every plane I own.
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:06 PM
gilbert,az
Joined Dec 2005
3,950 Posts
I use a cc bec at 6v regulating a 500 mah 2 cell lipo, I use the cc bec in most of planes and never had any issues. Here is a couple of pix from the aef, thanx Chad!
mpope1 is offline Find More Posts by mpope1
Last edited by mpope1; Jan 30, 2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:21 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmrast View Post
2S A123 straight into the receiver for every plane I own.
Me too!! A123 on all my planes.. On my big stuff I use 2-A123 packs with 2-sw. I had a CC-bec kill a plane before.
BILLYDSRC is online now Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:32 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
I have to say... this little jet received ALOT of attention at the AZ Electric Festival these past 4 days. Many of the big EDF guys could not believe how well this plane looked and flew for the price of the airframe and power plant.

Of course Mike's skills at the sticks didn't hurt either

They couldn't believe it cost less than $175.00, they couldn't believe the fan & motor combo was only $70.00, they couldn't believe the performance & sound on 6S, and they were amazed that the E-flite retracts are plenty strong for this setup!

Great Job Mike!! Only wish I had mine and we could have had them up in the air together.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:09 PM
gilbert,az
Joined Dec 2005
3,950 Posts
we will!!
mpope1 is offline Find More Posts by mpope1
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:28 PM
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
cc pro bec

Thanks for all the info guys. If I do use the pro bec can I input it into 2 channels via y-harnesses so I can still use those 2 channels for flight control? I I ran out of channels on my Futaba 8 channel receiver and I wanted to separate the rudder from nose wheel, for obvious reasons to have better set up. I like the nose wheel having much less throw. Maxx Products makes a great reverse y-harness that has a small digital pod. Because I can't get to the hardware on the rudder, I use the y-harness to have adjustment to the rudder after the nose wheel is dialed in. The small pod is in on the inside of the fuse under the canopy. It's not like using sub-trim in the radio, but it's not bad. Stephan
stmbike is offline Find More Posts by stmbike
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:10 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1744

Rclander and CMP struts $186.....
jet-ster is offline Find More Posts by jet-ster
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:18 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmbike View Post
Thanks for all the info guys. If I do use the pro bec can I input it into 2 channels via y-harnesses so I can still use those 2 channels for flight control? I I ran out of channels on my Futaba 8 channel receiver and I wanted to separate the rudder from nose wheel, for obvious reasons to have better set up. I like the nose wheel having much less throw. Maxx Products makes a great reverse y-harness that has a small digital pod. Because I can't get to the hardware on the rudder, I use the y-harness to have adjustment to the rudder after the nose wheel is dialed in. The small pod is in on the inside of the fuse under the canopy. It's not like using sub-trim in the radio, but it's not bad. Stephan
I not sure if you can, but just shoot an email to CC and they can help. They're pretty good at it from what I have seen.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:01 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
At the AZ Electrc Fest XPS had sets of Shulman Aviation electric retracts that would be a great fit for this bird. They are basically the smaller RC Lander housings with struts I've never seen. The struts are trailing link. They were selling them for $129.00 total at the show price.

They are probably not on their website but it would be worth calling them if interested. They are rated for up to 8lbs!
Old Feb 03, 2011, 12:46 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
Subscribed.
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Feb 03, 2011, 12:48 AM
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
rc lander 90mm dps fan

I'm using the new dps rclander 90mm fan. It has a removable lip which I believe needs to come off to get the ducting on it. However, how do you actually mount it to the frame in the jet. It has no flanges to. I was thinking zip ties, but is this a good method? thanks for any info. Stephan
stmbike is offline Find More Posts by stmbike
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:52 AM
My Lipo is Bigger than Yours!
Chesterfield,Missouri
Joined Sep 2003
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster View Post
Do you have these and if so how well do they work,thinking about them for my JTM T-45.
gjmjoe017 is offline Find More Posts by gjmjoe017
Old Feb 03, 2011, 01:12 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
I did order a set of the rclander/cmp retracts. I also ordeedr a set of freewing 90mm F-18 retracts. I buddy of mine has them and said they pretty darn stout for 69 bucks. Also he said they use a 4mm instead of like most others 3mm shaft. That'll be a very good drop in and save ALOT of weight.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 02:53 PM
Cheektowaga NY
Joined Jan 2008
51 Posts
where did you order them from for the cmp t45?
besthobbie is offline Find More Posts by besthobbie
Old Feb 03, 2011, 02:56 PM
Watts Up?
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2006
1,635 Posts
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1704

here