SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:22 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,518 Posts
Come on, we are here to see T-45 discussion. Take the Marvin discussion elsewhere please.

Herb's building thread has a lot less noise, just good info:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1336098
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:31 AM View Post
Goober Grape
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while Goober Grape edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:09 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,013 Posts
Well, I changed my mind. I just pulled the trigger on a new turbine, so I am going to pass on the T-45. I'll keep the thread open of course. Looking forward to seeing some flying vids fellas!
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:21 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober Grape View Post
No duh. I make it kind of obvious. Here's a big pat on the back if you want to feel you were being clever or perceptive, Detective Columbo.

How long are you all going to stand for the Marvin Deception?

Go look up all his "build threads". Go see that he has done at least 25 planes for Nitro. He got others, too, which he did not review, he just sold them. And he got duplicates of some, too, when he crashed them.
It's all just advertising, if you think you are getting the truth, you are wrong.
So...when you talk about "good info posted," it's just ADVERTORIAL.
But the bottom line is this...he lies. A lot.
And YES, he called us up at ETM, and offered to shill for us. That is why he got two planes and two fans for only $300. In exchange for promoting them.
We will never, ever, ever do the online shilling thing again. It's wrong, and it's bad business. Moreover...as of last October, it became ILLEGAL.
Yup. The FTC made it a law, if you have received any sort of discount or free product, if you are blogging about it, you MUST disclose your affiliation with the company. Period. Or you are breaking the law.
They made this law just to protect actual consumers from PEOPLE LIKE MARVIN HOSKINS. Who will tell you anything in order to get a free plane.
Has ETM done this in the past? Yes. Do it ever again? No.
But I will also say this...every single one of the people who shilled for us(not many, it's about three), they approached US to do this. They all made vivid promises, like Marvin, about all the wonderful things they would do for us, and we fell for it. Shame on us, too.
Curtis, Curtuis When do you learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvVvowi60TU
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:32 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
And last but least i could care less of what's said or what people think. This is only a internet forum in the real world I make enough every pay period to afford a $200 plane. .
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:43 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
I was pi$$ed about that little stunt you pulled ,but this $h!t there is priceless!!
sikky is offline Find More Posts by sikky
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:52 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Marvin,

The video says it all, Priceless!

So now that you finished the T-45, what do you think? Is it a tip stall just waiting to happen?
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:54 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,216 Posts
dang marv...i want to come work for you! ill build your models full time!

leave the guy alone. i dont care either way. marv is a stand up dude. weather he is or isnt is none of my bees wax. i love his videos and reviews. keep it up.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:57 PM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Curtis the Goober Grape, I reported you to the mods.

Now can we please get this thread back on topic???

Ben Rodriguez
Ben-Rod is offline Find More Posts by Ben-Rod
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:59 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Marvin,

The video says it all, Priceless!

So now that you finished the T-45, what do you think? Is it a tip stall just waiting to happen?
It seem it will fly good, i've never had any of my other Hawks tip stall on me, but i do know one thing is the flaps never help to slow them down on the landing, maybe this one would be better at that cause the flaps can be deployed down more on this one.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 03:07 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Definitely does, it's a Marvin-free thread. This one is Marvinized. Too late.

Oh, and as long as we are talking spam...

No sponsors, except for Easytiger, but you can post about whatever plane you like. And if you got it for free, you had better say so. So long for now.
PS I really do like Goober Grape. That's the peanut butter with the jelly all in one jar, in like, stripes? As far as I am concerned, that and Pop Rocks represent the pinnacle of acheivement for our society. It's all downhill from there. It's our Parthenon.
You know, I heard Rod Stewart fed pop rocks to a gerbil, and then the gerbil climbed up his...well, it's a long story. I'll post it on my shill-free forum later.
Seem to me if your trying to sell something that another company has you get pissed at that company, why cause you can't over price the chit and say it's only sold at easytiger?

That easytigers motto right, sell 1 for the price of 3 then have a few more drop shipped.

Anybody that sides with this dude that sells tons of foam planes has got to be not in there right mine and insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvVvowi60TU
Last edited by FlyBoyTha1; Nov 17, 2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 03:33 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,013 Posts
Ok, I have to hand it to you. That was pretty good LOL. My issue was never that you got free stuff, but that you denied that you did when it seemed obvious you did. Sometimes what seems obvious may not be what's actually happening. So, I apologize. I can admit when I'm wrong. Still don't agree with closing the thread just because guys were goofing around, but I say we all drop it at this point and stop acting like bit--s...myself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyTha1 View Post
And last but least i could care less of what's said or what people think. This is only a internet forum in the real world I make enough every pay period to afford a $200 plane. .
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Nov 17, 2010, 03:40 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
No duh. I make it kind of obvious. Here's a big pat on the back if you want to feel you were being clever or perceptive, Detective Columbo.

How long are you all going to stand for the Marvin Deception?

Go look up all his "build threads". Go see that he has done at least 25 planes for Nitro. He got others, too, which he did not review, he just sold them. And he got duplicates of some, too, when he crashed them.
It's all just advertising, if you think you are getting the truth, you are wrong.
So...when you talk about "good info posted," it's just ADVERTORIAL.
But the bottom line is this...he lies. A lot.
And YES, he called us up at ETM, and offered to shill for us. That is why he got two planes and two fans for only $300. In exchange for promoting them.
We will never, ever, ever do the online shilling thing again. It's wrong, and it's bad business. Moreover...as of last October, it became ILLEGAL.
Yup. The FTC made it a law, if you have received any sort of discount or free product, if you are blogging about it, you MUST disclose your affiliation with the company. Period. Or you are breaking the law.
They made this law just to protect actual consumers from PEOPLE LIKE MARVIN HOSKINS. Who will tell you anything in order to get a free plane.
Has ETM done this in the past? Yes. Do it ever again? No.
But I will also say this...every single one of the people who shilled for us(not many, it's about three), they approached US to do this. They all made vivid promises, like Marvin, about all the wonderful things they would do for us, and we fell for it. Shame on us, too.
Wow lol Curtis ,

I called you wondering why hell hasn't my plane shipped i bought online, you then started say i'll send you the f-86, start a thread on it but why would i start a thread on a plane that you sent me but can't ship what the hell i paid for thats how all this started Curtuis tell the truth man you have chit on your website that you can't ship cause it's not there. Your buying as people pay.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 04:06 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,226 Posts
All you'd have to do is spead 20 minutes with Marvin at the field to know he is a great guy.
Man we need to just get out and fly more Marvin, these sites get dumb sometimes...
sorry to see you being attacked, but we all know the truth, you have nothing to prove my friend

just do what you do and have fun, that's what we all need to do and forget the drama
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Nov 17, 2010, 04:24 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
All you'd have to do is spead 20 minutes with Marvin at the field to know he is a great guy.
Man we need to just get out and fly more Marvin, these sites get dumb sometimes...
sorry to see you being attacked, but we all know the truth, you have nothing to prove my friend

just do what you do and have fun, that's what we all need to do and forget the drama
Thanks Ron .

Got the F-4 back home now, gonna spend some time on that now