HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:58 AM
Joined Aug 2007
444 Posts
Quote:
What is wrong with the nose gear ?
The nose retract has a lot of fore and aft play. Iíve also had to replace the PCB in the retract as well.
On the nose strut, the combination of the small wheels and firm spring allows the nose wheels to unstick during the takeoff run. This causes poor directional control in any kind of crosswind until the jet gets up to speed.
I donít have this issue with my SAPAC T-45. I did have this issue with my eFlite BAE Hawk and it was resolved with the addition of some good suspension struts.

X30
X30PILOT is offline Find More Posts by X30PILOT
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:24 AM
Joined Feb 2010
665 Posts
How would you compare the cmpro to the Sapac t-45?
The 90mm seems to have many issues and bad habbits comparing to the Sapac one, right?
guyst is online now Find More Posts by guyst
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:26 PM
Joined Aug 2007
444 Posts
Quote:
How would you compare the cmpro to the Sapac t-45?
The two T-45s in the pictures in my last post are my SAPAC T-45 and eFlite BAE Hawk painted to look like a T-45.
Sorry about the confusion.
The SAPAC T-45 is a very nice kit. While I made accommodations for an HET fan, ARC motor and electric retracts I made no aerodynamic changes to the airframe and it flies very well.
It took a number of changes to get the BAE Hawk to fly well.
I was delightfully surprised how well the CMP T-45 flew with the modifications to the wing. It had a rock solid feel and tracked very well. I had no issues with the setup and trim due to the very good information that others have posted to this forum. Currently Iíve just had the one flight and am planning on making some changes to the nose gear before I fly it again but I am pleased with the airplane.

X30
X30PILOT is offline Find More Posts by X30PILOT
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:07 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,323 Posts
I've been meaning to post my experiences with this plane for a while but have been having so much fun flying it that no time.
I have built quite a few of these (and the CMP Bea Hawk) with 80mm EFlight 6S fans in the and keep them under 7.25lbs and they fly really good. Light is the key with this plane.
This time I decided to try a 90mm CS 12 bladed fan (newer style) with an HET 700-68-1500, 6S GenAce 5300 battery and 8lbs AUW.
I am very impressed with the way this one flys. The 8 lbs seems to be a good weight. It tracks like a pattern ship, climbs very strong and pulls through big loops, and is very quiet.
I've flown a lot of ejets and have to say that this one is close to one of my favorites next to the SAPAC 100mm BaeHawk with an EJets 90mm fan 8S setup also built light. I like it's larger size.
I run EFlight 15-25 retracts because I had them and they have proven to work well in this plane.
Man talk about bang for the buck, you really can't beat this plane especially if you can catch it on sale.

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:59 PM
Joined Feb 2010
665 Posts
Are all the modifications required is light work? Or many hours required to get it done?
guyst is online now Find More Posts by guyst
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst View Post
Are all the modifications required is light work? Or many hours required to get it done?
That's about it. 6S, 15-25 gear (you have to do some mods to the front mount),you could probably find a lighter motor than the HET, and I'm running a 4 cell 2100 NiMH battery you could leave out (I just don't trust BEC's for anything larger than a foamy).

Takes about 25 hrs to build.

Terry
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:19 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,720 Posts
I think a good take your time 10hr weekend 2 hr weekday build for this jet is a good time cause build right you'll have tons of landings...

I think I'm in the 90+ area landings today, it's at around 6lbs 12oz auw...6.5lbs of bench thrust (no thrust tube).

Keep it light and there's some forgiveness in it...

I have a skymaster bae hawk that I'm going to build with a byron fan or CS 120 12 blade and turn it into a T-45, love the colors and I think if I keep it light like this CMP it would be a great flyer too....just don't know if I can do it this year
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:57 AM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
I've been meaning to post my experiences with this plane for a while but have been having so much fun flying it that no time.
I have built quite a few of these (and the CMP Bea Hawk) with 80mm EFlight 6S fans in the and keep them under 7.25lbs and they fly really good. Light is the key with this plane.
This time I decided to try a 90mm CS 12 bladed fan (newer style) with an HET 700-68-1500, 6S GenAce 5300 battery and 8lbs AUW.
I am very impressed with the way this one flys. The 8 lbs seems to be a good weight. It tracks like a pattern ship, climbs very strong and pulls through big loops, and is very quiet.
I've flown a lot of ejets and have to say that this one is close to one of my favorites next to the SAPAC 100mm BaeHawk with an EJets 90mm fan 8S setup also built light. I like it's larger size.
I run EFlight 15-25 retracts because I had them and they have proven to work well in this plane.
Man talk about bang for the buck, you really can't beat this plane especially if you can catch it on sale.

Terry
How many amps are you pulling with the 700-68-1500
Mannyman535 is offline Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:18 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman535 View Post
How many amps are you pulling with the 700-68-1500
Fresh Gens Ace about 100, fresh TP 6S 5000 65C about 91.

Terry
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:19 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
I think a good take your time 10hr weekend 2 hr weekday build for this jet is a good time cause build right you'll have tons of landings...

I think I'm in the 90+ area landings today, it's at around 6lbs 12oz auw...6.5lbs of bench thrust (no thrust tube).

Keep it light and there's some forgiveness in it...

I have a skymaster bae hawk that I'm going to build with a byron fan or CS 120 12 blade and turn it into a T-45, love the colors and I think if I keep it light like this CMP it would be a great flyer too....just don't know if I can do it this year
Wow that is light!!

Terry
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:12 AM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
Fresh Gens Ace about 100, fresh TP 6S 5000 65C about 91.

Terry
Thanks
Mannyman535 is offline Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old May 05, 2013, 11:06 PM
Spacefanmick
United States, OK, Broken Arrow
Joined Mar 2013
19 Posts
This is a very long thread,so Im going to just ask for a few ideas. I'm getting ready to build the CMP T-45. And would like to know what would be a good,fan,motor,speed control and battery combination. Something with good reliable power. But affordable. Also,are the electric retracts from Hobby King,reliable and a good choice. Thanks
spacefanmick is offline Find More Posts by spacefanmick
Old May 06, 2013, 03:26 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,323 Posts
Change Sun 90mm 12 bladed edf, HET 700-68-1500 motor, 6S 5000, EFlight 15-25 gear if you want light setup and don't care about trailing struts.

Terry
Old May 06, 2013, 08:16 AM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
891 Posts
I'll confirm Terry's recommendation. I saw his T-45 fly and though it wasn't a speed demon it flew very nicely on the 6s CS12 setup and it had a very nice sound. If you're looking for some more speed then you'll probably need to look at a 8 or 10s setup with a different KV motor.
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old May 06, 2013, 08:28 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,323 Posts
Hey Eric, long time no see.
Would you believe we actually flew yesterday between the rain drops.....The you know who wanted to maiden his 35 lb G650 with twin StuMax 100's and HET motors in it. It flew beautifully. Man those StuMax Fans are just the best! The most realistic takeoff ever (ie rotated but mains stay on the ground for 2-3 seconds before it lifts off). and the sound.......What a plane!! Very realistic flight.

What I like about the 6S setup is it's light. So takeoff's and landings are nicer.
Now as far as speed, don't take Double E's word for it as he is used to doing 200 mph with everything he has.....even his fun flyers.....lol

Terry