HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:37 PM
Gilbert, AZ
chalmrast's Avatar
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
Mine arrived today... luckily unscathed. Surprising since the wing is right on the side of the box.

I might be missing something here but I don't understand the canopy. As Mike D. said, the "cockpit" plastic is so thin it almost feels like rubber. But I guess that helps with the weight.

But, no latch, magnets, or dowel in the front to hold the canopy on? The directions show screwing it right to the fiberglass...??? How are you supposed to get it off?

Looking forward to see how you guys are doing it... other than taping it down!!
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:15 AM
Lee Liddle
Knife Liddle's Avatar
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmrast View Post
Mine arrived today... luckily unscathed. Surprising since the wing is right on the side of the box.

I might be missing something here but I don't understand the canopy. As Mike D. said, the "cockpit" plastic is so thin it almost feels like rubber. But I guess that helps with the weight.

But, no latch, magnets, or dowel in the front to hold the canopy on? The directions show screwing it right to the fiberglass...??? How are you supposed to get it off?

Looking forward to see how you guys are doing it... other than taping it down!!

Flyboy has his ready to fly. Since he's the Nitroplanes rep I'm sure he'll be glad to post pics of his attachment method for you. That way you can see how to do it right.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:32 AM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
Flyboy has his ready to fly. Since he's the Nitroplanes rep I'm sure he'll be glad to post pics of his attachment method for you. That way you can see how to do it right.
Is that right, nitroplanes rep lol
FlyBoyTha1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:22 AM
Lee Liddle
Knife Liddle's Avatar
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,549 Posts
You don't rep for Nitro? So you do all those videos just for fun? You aren't compensated in any way by NP? If that's the case, they should be kissing your.... feet, because I'm sure your vids sell a lot of planes for them. If you aren't getting something, you should be.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:29 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
rvincent's Avatar
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,669 Posts
Lee I can asure you they do their own "repping" I fky at the same fields as their factory team and have been there on many occasions when they shot videos for their website. Heck I even tried to whore in Nope they do all their own R&D and video.
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:34 AM
Registered User
east coast
Joined Oct 2008
15 Posts
Question : I'm a newbe to rc-group's I been a member for a while but this
is my first post, I been modeling and flying for years and have several
EDF models , 3 of them 70mm , I enjoy flying them. I work for an airline
and yesterday we were in HK and I pickup one of these complete.
it was one of those spur of the moment things. I saw it it looked great
so I bought it. Now the question : I purchased the airframe and battery's
1 6s 30c 5000 mil and 1 6s 4000 30c , I purchased the fan 90mm with
a 1700 kv motor ,this is the cmp setup , I was happy till I read this
tread , it seems everone is using far more power:
I don't need to fly super fast .I would just like to fly it

So with what I have purchased, do you think this will be flyable???

this is my first 90mm model , the gentleman in the hobby store
told me the fan should put out 4 1/2 to 5 lbs of thrust on 6 s
the model spec calls for the model rtf in the 5 -6 lbs range
so I belived it would fly----- till I read this thread .

your though's on this would help : thank you in advance
Pied727-200 is offline Find More Posts by Pied727-200
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:38 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
rvincent's Avatar
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,669 Posts
It should fly great! Don't let all us high power freaks stress you I'm sure it will be very nice and really light.
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:02 AM
Registered User
BILLYDSRC's Avatar
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
HEHEHE!! I love it!! Keep A eye on my you-tube channel. Thanks BILLY D

http://www.youtube.com/billyd44444

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
Its a secret for now eh But it KICKS BOOTY!!!!!!!!!

Rodger check your e-mail I sent you some pics...
BILLYDSRC is online now Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:34 AM
Registered User
east coast
Joined Oct 2008
15 Posts
rvincent

Thank you , it looked so good I just could not pass it up.

the rest of the setup , I have a castle phoenix 80 amp esc
the spec's for the fan called for a 70 amp esc.
I also purchased the air retract's and struts , I also
have a set of DSR electric retracts the larger ones
which one would be better? for this model ?
Pied727-200 is offline Find More Posts by Pied727-200
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:49 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,249 Posts
Lee,

Marvin does videos for every plane he builds. Most of the latest have been other models. Let's see He did Jet Legend L-39, The Jet Teng T-45 and the F4 that he is working on now, he did several more also but I forgot who made them. In additon, he wasn't the first one to buy this Nitro T-45, he didn't even know about it until the other thread started.

There are 5% coupons from Nitro floating around, that's the best that anyone got.

Sooo, I would not say he is a rep. Quite the contrary, he is a lover of airplanes and a lover of making videos. If you met Marvin, you would like him instantly, his smile, his humor, his willingness to help is way beyond what could be expected. However, he does remind me of MR T., so I would not want to get on his bad side, the Teddy Bear might get angry. LOL

Pick on me instead, join the group.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
You don't rep for Nitro? So you do all those videos just for fun? You aren't compensated in any way by NP? If that's the case, they should be kissing your.... feet, because I'm sure your vids sell a lot of planes for them. If you aren't getting something, you should be.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:20 PM
Gilbert, AZ
chalmrast's Avatar
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pied727-200 View Post
Question : I'm a newbe to rc-group's I been a member for a while but this
is my first post, I been modeling and flying for years and have several
EDF models , 3 of them 70mm , I enjoy flying them. I work for an airline
and yesterday we were in HK and I pickup one of these complete.
it was one of those spur of the moment things. I saw it it looked great
so I bought it. Now the question : I purchased the airframe and battery's
1 6s 30c 5000 mil and 1 6s 4000 30c , I purchased the fan 90mm with
a 1700 kv motor ,this is the cmp setup , I was happy till I read this
tread , it seems everone is using far more power:
I don't need to fly super fast .I would just like to fly it

So with what I have purchased, do you think this will be flyable???

this is my first 90mm model , the gentleman in the hobby store
told me the fan should put out 4 1/2 to 5 lbs of thrust on 6 s
the model spec calls for the model rtf in the 5 -6 lbs range
so I belived it would fly----- till I read this thread .

your though's on this would help : thank you in advance
Pied,

I'm not sure they sold you the correct motor. The CMPro fan on their website looks like the ChangeSun fan. On 6S, you'll need a 1900kV motor to get the thrust you're talking about. Also, those numbers were read on a test stand with no thrust tube, but with an inlet ring.... a recipe for maximum thrust readings!

With the ducting on this model and a tapered exhaust tube (to increase efflux) the thrust numbers will be in the 3-4lb range. But, that will still be plenty to fly this plane. Based on Herb's weight of 7.2lbs on 9S-3000's, I think a 6S setup will be in the <7lb range. I plan on running mine on 6S too!

You can either try 8S or get a 1900kV motor for 6S.

The DSR Retracts will be plenty for this plane but you will have to modify the mounts. The DSR's are offset, meaning the strut is closer to one side of the retract body, not centered as with traditional units.

How much were the pneumatic retracts & struts? What was the $US price for the plane in HK?
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:39 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,280 Posts
good score on the retracts and struts ....as there not even in the states yet
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 04:30 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
sikky's Avatar
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
How deep are the retract wells?? What's the tallest retract that can fit in the wing??
sikky is offline Find More Posts by sikky
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 04:38 PM
Registered User
east coast
Joined Oct 2008
15 Posts
chalmrast

thanks for your answer, the sales man's english wasn't so
good , so it could have been 1900 kv I do know it is from CMP
I won't be home till late Thursday , they packed it up , and
I don't want to open it till I get home. its riding back in the
cockpit safe and sound.

and thank's for your thought on the DSR retracts , I did also get
the air retracts and struts , but I have used one set of the
DSR and they work so nice, I was thinking of using them, the
struts seems to use the same 5 mm stud

I had been planning to get a fly fly hawk when I saw this
just could not pass it up

thank again for your help
Pied727-200 is offline Find More Posts by Pied727-200
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:30 PM
Gilbert, AZ
chalmrast's Avatar
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
Odd....!?!?!?!?

At least this proves to the skeptics that Nitroplanes didn't give him this one......

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=694835
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Nitroplanes CMP 90MM T-45 Hawk FlyBoyTha1 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 216 Nov 10, 2010 01:24 PM
Cool New CMPro Composite T-45 90mm chalmrast Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 5 Nov 03, 2010 11:54 PM
Sold Ultrafly T-45 Hawk Pusher NIB mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Sep 15, 2010 04:08 PM
Sold Ultrafly T-45 BAE Hawk Pusher mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 15, 2010 04:06 PM