SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:39 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,278 Posts
Never saw a strut before that does not allow fot any vertical compression without being forced back first.?
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:48 AM
High Voltage
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Oct 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Never saw a strut before that does not allow fot any vertical compression without being forced back first.?
I use these on grass. When you land on grass (drag)/ pulls the wheels back thus the spring will give in that motion..
dhf23 is online now Find More Posts by dhf23
Old Jul 01, 2012, 12:47 AM
Tin Can Sailor
Alabama, USA
Joined Feb 2009
761 Posts
Nice.
seadog985 is offline Find More Posts by seadog985
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:44 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Out for a nice fly today. Video posted

Love the carrier type approaches this plane makes with the full flaps extended. I have it dialed in now. I'm on my second set of struts for this fat pig
CMP T 45 on 9S at Tulare Condors Field (2 min 6 sec)
DaveBC is offline Find More Posts by DaveBC
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Feb 2010
666 Posts
What it's flight characteristics?
I had an EPO T-45 70mm and it flew like a trainer, and not so fast landings.
guyst is online now Find More Posts by guyst
Old Sep 08, 2012, 12:35 AM
United States, AZ, Surprise
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Greetings!

Really enjoy reading about everyone's build. Thinking about the T-45 to move into the jet era....what is that black switch on the side of the cockpit??

Curtis
NN
Navy Nugget is offline Find More Posts by Navy Nugget
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:11 AM
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Del Rio Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,989 Posts
Hi guys,
Woo Hooo, I FINALLY broke down and purchased one of these beauties. I have had it on my "must order" list since they first came out. I even picked up one of those 'scale' cockpit kits and pilots from HK last year. Today was the last day of the Nitro sale so got it shipped for $170. I need to pick up the retracts next. Looks like HK has the Lander set. I'm going for a lighter 6s setup.
Now I finally have to finish up my HET F-20 build, also the HK Viper 70, oh yeah, the Dynam A-10 and Turbojet planes that are almost finished. Yeah, I have enough going to keep me busy, but this T-45 is at the top of my 'want to build' list.

I have read this whole thread now, so thanks for all the great insight and info about this model. Hope there are still some of you flying this plane. I kept putting it off due to some of the guys here calling it a heavy brick and very rough to fly/land. I think most of those were just over-loaded with large lipo loads though?
Well...gotta wait until next Thursday for delivery...plenty of time to prepare!
Happy flying,
Ken
CSI is offline Find More Posts by CSI
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:52 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
Hi guys,
Woo Hooo, I FINALLY broke down and purchased one of these beauties. I have had it on my "must order" list since they first came out. I even picked up one of those 'scale' cockpit kits and pilots from HK last year. Today was the last day of the Nitro sale so got it shipped for $170. I need to pick up the retracts next. Looks like HK has the Lander set. I'm going for a lighter 6s setup.
Now I finally have to finish up my HET F-20 build, also the HK Viper 70, oh yeah, the Dynam A-10 and Turbojet planes that are almost finished. Yeah, I have enough going to keep me busy, but this T-45 is at the top of my 'want to build' list.

I have read this whole thread now, so thanks for all the great insight and info about this model. Hope there are still some of you flying this plane. I kept putting it off due to some of the guys here calling it a heavy brick and very rough to fly/land. I think most of those were just over-loaded with large lipo loads though?
Well...gotta wait until next Thursday for delivery...plenty of time to prepare!
Happy flying,
Ken
She's heavy especially with RC Lander Fan and Retracts. I think 6S will dissapoint. I fly the 9S 5000mAh and performance is good. Would have gone with 10S but I couldn't balance CoG w/o adding weight to the tail...
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:44 AM
CSI
Joined Feb 2004
3,989 Posts
Thanks for the reply Dave.
Looks like I have a lot more thinking to do about what setup to go with.
The only 90 size fan I currently have is a balanced Midi Pro fan. All my other EDFs are 64 and 70mm sizes.

I was afraid when I finally ordered one of these that it would end up being another $1,000 project. That's what happend with my E-Flite Dueces Wild twin. Parts started adding up until it was just shy of $1,000 when I maidened her. Money is a LOT tighter now, so hopefully I don't end up with buyers remorse with this EDF.

As for lipos, I do happen to have (2) 4000mAh 5s packs and (8) 4000mAh 4s packs. I fly my Dueces Wild and 70mm F-86 EDF on the 4s packs.

I'm keeping my eyes and ears open about setups for this plane. Gotta do it right, but might take awhile if it's going to cost a fortune.

Thanks again for your reply,
Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:39 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Hobby king has the Lander 9-10S fans for under $200 and hobbypartz has HV 70amp ESC for $50 bucks. Your liponpaks will work fine : )
Here is the 10S for $118 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...watt_10s_.html
Here is the High voltage ESC for $79.00 http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-plat...a-hv-opto.html
Your flying 10S with respectable alloy fan for $200 bucks
Last edited by DaveBC; Sep 09, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:39 AM
CSI
Joined Feb 2004
3,989 Posts
Thanks Dave,
Those are some of the items I have been considering.
Does this plane really need 10s to fly well? I was hoping more for the 6-8s range. I don't need to try and make it a rocket ship...I have plenty of those already. I just want a decent flying T-45...but not one I have to keep the throttle up at 80% or more just to stay level?!
Thanks again...more thinking to do.
ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:17 AM
Keith Thomas
United States, NM, Portales
Joined Feb 2010
1,128 Posts
I'm putting a Fan Jet in mine with a HET motor. My first one had a Wemo in it that I ran 12s 3300 packs. Unfortunately I can't give a report on it because I set the CG where the instructions indicated.

I'll run the Fan Jet on 8 or 9 and use 4000 mah packs.
keithtsr is online now Find More Posts by keithtsr
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:49 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
Thanks Dave,
Those are some of the items I have been considering.
Does this plane really need 10s to fly well? I was hoping more for the 6-8s range. I don't need to try and make it a rocket ship...I have plenty of those already. I just want a decent flying T-45...but not one I have to keep the throttle up at 80% or more just to stay level?!
Thanks again...more thinking to do.
ken
Its not all that fast on 9-10S as you can see. Here is a short flyby of Maiden. I use 6S paks for my smaller foamy that are much lighter like RC Lander F-16 and 90MM Mirage. Access is very easy if you want to make changeds. Enjoy your build
CMP Pro 90MM T-45 Goshawk Maiden Flight.wmv (2 min 35 sec)

Best to mention it now too. If you use the RC Lander Metal Retracts designed for this plane.... They BOUNCE badly. Here is a fix you should do before you land it....
CMP Pro T-45 Bouncing Solved.wmv (3 min 40 sec)
Last edited by DaveBC; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:52 PM
CSI
Joined Feb 2004
3,989 Posts
YeeenHaaaaw,
My T-45 came on wednesday and it is perfect. Thankfully not a scratch or crack anywhere!
I am looking to go for a 8s setup, just not sure which motor yet. I have read this entire thread, now working my way through Herb's blog with his build.
Man, this is going to be a fun build but also going to take my time.
I'm just finishing up my Dynam TurboJet...an awsome kit. I am just having a TERRIBLE time trying to balance the two rotors. Everytime I think I have 'em balanced, I run them up and get that awful vibration and buzz sound

Good luck everyone...
Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:52 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlobby View Post
Hi Dave, very nice landing indeed. I am building the BEA Hawk and would like to know how much deflection is 60% flaps (mm movement at the TE), and also the same distance for the reflex you are using. That will give me a good starting point. I will be flying of grass and must bleed off as much speed as possible.
How much throw are you using on your control surfaces? I may have missed the post if you already mentioned this. This tread is just becoming tooo long ;-)
Flaps are at 3/4 inch full and 3/8 inch mid. Aileron deflecection is 1/8 inch up both ailerons. I use the recommended throws. From memory about 3/8 in hi rate elevator and 3/8 hi rate aileron. Halved for low rates. I'm not sure how she will handle grass. Eats up alot of paved runway as it its....