HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:27 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBC View Post
Then I assume that the vast majority does not use the tank. It appears very aerodynamic. That is why I asked. I don't think it would cause much drag. And it does look very scale. Rear Side Stabilizer photo. And I noticed the real plane uses wing fences only on the underside of the wing.
No fences on the T-45 completely different wing.
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:13 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
No fences on the T-45 completely different wing.
Wow, I wonder why the different wings? Upgrades maybe? Which is the later version?
DaveBC is offline Find More Posts by DaveBC
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:04 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
It's a navy plane thing. The F35 has a different wing for the carrier version than the other two versions. I bet it's bigger than the wing on the regular BAE plane.
scatsob is offline Find More Posts by scatsob
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:52 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Wow, I wonder why the different wings? Upgrades maybe? Which is the later version?
The Navy version uses leading edge slats without the fences...Since we can't simulate the wing on the real T-45, we put the fences on our model T-45 for more low speed stability as per the Hawk...Take a look at these pics in the link...

http://www.militaryfactory.com/image...scriptor=Front left side view of a T-45 Goshawk coming in for a landing

And these: https://www.google.com/search?q=t+45...w=1600&bih=663

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,106 Posts
Kevin,
Please look at my post 1737. I chose a tapered block 11/16 at back and 3/4 at the fornt.
I will also use pull-pull not the steering arm. Have to cut away to much.

Tony
T-spin is offline Find More Posts by T-spin
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:44 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
The Navy version uses leading edge slats without the fences...Since we can't simulate the wing on the real T-45, we put the fences on our model T-45 for more low speed stability as per the Hawk...Take a look at these pics in the link...

http://www.militaryfactory.com/image...scriptor=Front left side view of a T-45 Goshawk coming in for a landing

And these: https://www.google.com/search?q=t+45...w=1600&bih=663

Kevin
I went with your templates Kevin, I was simply curious at the different configs. Some with VG's and some with fences.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-spin View Post
Kevin,
Please look at my post 1737. I chose a tapered block 11/16 at back and 3/4 at the fornt.
I will also use pull-pull not the steering arm. Have to cut away to much.

Tony
I'm using larger wheels than the stock RC Landers...Mine stick out of the bottom of the plane a small amount...Since I'm not using gear doors it didn't matter to me that the tires are a little exposed...Tilting the mounting block will get the wheels up inside of the plane but the strut will have a forward angle (rake) when in the down position..How about shimming the gear up in the fuselage a little more to get the wheels tucked away...This will effectively make the nose strut shorter but you could always mount the strut a little further down the retract pin...For an absolutely trouble free nose gear assembly that won't need modifications---RC Lander needs to re-design the nose gear for 100-105 degree retraction...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Jan 03, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,106 Posts
Thx Kevin,
I went with a slight forward rake (about 10 degrees)and pull-pull . If its a problem I will just have to change it later.

Tony
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:31 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
For those that missed it---Here is the file for the wing and fuselage fences...

Kevin
Thanks for the template Kevin. Sorry if I missed it but what material did you use to make the fences?

I have ordered the HK Hawk and hopefully will have it by March

I did the live chat with HK CS and they said at least 3 or 4 more weeks

S
smaze17 is offline Find More Posts by smaze17
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:41 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17 View Post
Thanks for the template Kevin. Sorry if I missed it but what material did you use to make the fences?

S
I used a DvD movie case. Not the clear plasitc but the brown plastic the store bought videos and games come in..
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:29 PM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17 View Post

S
Spencer check with Nitro models , they might have them available also Chuck Maggoo is build one as we speak .
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavdriver View Post
Spencer check with Nitro models , they might have them available also Chuck Maggoo is build one as we speak .
Wassup Ed! I ordered the HK Hawk the end of November. They said I probably won't have it till mid February. Nice, huh?

S
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,050 Posts
Quote:
I used a DvD movie case. Not the clear plasitc but the brown plastic the store bought videos and games come in..
Good idea! I was thinking about using some poly ply - BVM sells different thicknesses. Could easily cut it to size, prime and paint it then CA it to the wing surface

S
Old Jan 07, 2012, 01:41 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
i didnt do bae hawk fences on mine, i did t-45 VG's. with about 1/8" reflex in the ailerons, and the VG's it had super tame low speed handling. ill probably do another one of these some day. i really enjoyed mine.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
i didnt do bae hawk fences on mine, i did t-45 VG's. with about 1/8" reflex in the ailerons, and the VG's it had super tame low speed handling. ill probably do another one of these some day. i really enjoyed mine.
CN,
Did you use the reflex all the time or just with flaps? What happened to yours?

Tony