HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:01 AM
Glitch Master
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Apr 2007
2,025 Posts
Yeah, I have seen a couple of aircraft go in that later appeared to look like were due to a HK Rx...
Jim Varley is online now Find More Posts by Jim Varley
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:11 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,653 Posts
Im like the next guy to save money on this hobby. But The HK RX is just asking for it I use XPS 2.4 and there Nano RX are $30.00 bucks each. I have them in foamies to turbine jets. And they just work!!! I have used XPS for 3 years now without a prob.
BILLYDSRC is online now Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:26 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2007
341 Posts
I have Hitec A9 on mine becuz I want each control surface on individual channel, I need 9ch at least(only Y rudder and steering). I used dx7 before, which I have to Y the flaps and ailerons. I couldn't make both flaps deploy at the same angle..... (my flap servos are not programmable either.)
nerv is offline Find More Posts by nerv
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:19 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman535 View Post
I was using the 6 channel orange RX. I bought a 9 channel for my het f-16. I'm scared to try it. If I'm right te 6 ch is mainly for park flying like the ar6100. And the 9 ch is a full range. Any comments on this would be great.
I have several of the HK 6 channel and 9 channel RX's and so far have had good luck with both...I've flown my foamies with the 6 channel RX without any satellites until they were a spec in the sky---No loss of control...True, the 6 channel HK RX without a satellite is really rated for park flyers and with the satellite it becomes a full range RX...The nine channel RX's are rated to be full range but I would run 2 satellites with them for peace of mind....I'm going to run a JR 9 channel DSMX in mine and test the 9 channel HK RX's in a couple of foamies before commiting the HK RX's to more expensive planes...I have 22 planes programed into my 9503 and only have 1 JR RX---All of the rest are HK RX's so I believe that I do have some experience with the HK RX's.......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:37 AM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I have several of the HK 6 channel and 9 channel RX's and so far have had good luck with both...I've flown my foamies with the 6 channel RX without any satellites until they were a spec in the sky---No loss of control...True, the 6 channel HK RX without a satellite is really rated for park flyers and with the satellite it becomes a full range RX...The nine channel RX's are rated to be full range but I would run 2 satellites with them for peace of mind....I'm going to run a JR 9 channel DSMX in mine and test the 9 channel HK RX's in a couple of foamies before commiting the HK RX's to more expensive planes...I have 22 planes programed into my 9503 and only have 1 JR RX---All of the rest are HK RX's so I believe that I do have some experience with the HK RX's.......

Kevin
I think I narrowed it down to the field I was at only likes futaba. Lol. I flew my other planes this past weekend without any problems at another field I always fly. I was trying out a new field to see if I want to join. That's not going to happen. Three planes went down in the same location. I would say thats a problem. I might just join and fly my foamys there seeing its close by. We will see. But I have a total of 5 orange receivers. I'm planing on buying a 9303. Or a 9503 used if I could find one for a good price. I want to buy another t-45. I have one that just need a canopy. Nitro planes look like there going to have them on sale on black Friday. Fingers crossed.
Mannyman535 is online now Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:58 PM
Newton, Ks.
Joined Feb 2004
245 Posts
Nitro Planes has them on sale now for $139.95 -10% discount $125 and some change
Ks.jetflyer is offline Find More Posts by Ks.jetflyer
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:06 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin View Post
Hmm, A $2700 engine in a $159 airframe. Not sure what to think about that.

OK... I know that quote is from a while ago... but I think I'm going to stuff a Wren 44 Gold into one. I think my take-off weight will be about the same as a typical EDF version... and since I'll burn the fuel... my landing weight will be about 1.5Lbs less.

That leads me to my next question....

I've been reading the threads, and I haven't seen anyone saying that they are weak... or they broke in flight. Since I'll be putting a bit of power on mine... is there anything that I need to check? (weakness in the kit)
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:52 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Due to the recommendation from others I've added wing fences to my T-45...The paint that I used is Valspar Plastic Paint #68104 Red....Pretty good match if ya ask me!!!

Before glueing the fences in place I made/traced templates for them...If you want I can scan the template for your own use so that you won't have to spend several hours sanding/fitting/sanding/fitting/sanding---You get the picture!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:50 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,773 Posts
PLEASE HELP ME STAY OUT OF THE DOG HOUSE...

This jet is 165shipped to my house, it's hard NOT to buy...please help me fund it

Need to sell a CC Ice 2 120hv nip, 160usd shipped CONUS....I can get it out today if someone would accept that price today.

PP only

Also, anyone know if CMP sells parts for this plane or if Nitro Planes does?

Thx In Advance
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:56 AM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,877 Posts
Well, bit the bullet yesterday. Couldn't pass up $145.00 shipped to my house ($139.00 BF sale + 10%)

I was really hoping HK would stock theirs, but with the backorder and issues with missing parts this was a no-brainer...

Planning to use the CS 10-blade fan / HET 700 motor on 8S.

Kevin, it would be great if you could scan and post the templates for the wing fences.
therealhiphop is offline Find More Posts by therealhiphop
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:03 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealhiphop View Post
Well, bit the bullet yesterday. Couldn't pass up $145.00 shipped to my house ($139.00 BF sale + 10%)

I was really hoping HK would stock theirs, but with the backorder and issues with missing parts this was a no-brainer...

Planning to use the CS 10-blade fan / HET 700 motor on 8S.

Kevin, it would be great if you could scan and post the templates for the wing fences.
What is the 10% code?

Also, the CS 10 blade is only 70mm the 90mm is 12 blade....is this plane light enough to fly with a 70mm?

Thx
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:28 AM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
What is the 10% code?

Also, the CS 10 blade is only 70mm the 90mm is 12 blade....is this plane light enough to fly with a 70mm?

Thx
erh7771 - The code is "week2" but it expired last night! I only caught it because someone mentioned it a couple of posts up (#1626). I received an email about the 10% off but didn't know you could "stack" it on the $139.00 sale.

You are right about the fan. I meant the 12-blade 90mm. Ordered mine just before they sold out. I also have the 70mm 10-blade which I plan to put into a Sapac composite L-39.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:37 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealhiphop View Post
erh7771 - The code is "week2" but it expired last night! I only caught it because someone mentioned it a couple of posts up (#1626). I received an email about the 10% off but didn't know you could "stack" it on the $139.00 sale...
I saw that code and thought the price was the price with the 10% off too, shoot...

Still gonna get it though, would think HKs t45 would try and match NPs price
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:44 AM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
I saw that code and thought the price was the price with the 10% off too, shoot...

Still gonna get it though, would think HKs t45 would try and match NPs price
I was referring to the new Hawk at HK in the Union Jack anniversary scheme. Same airframe, I just like that one better.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:49 PM
Joined Aug 2007
448 Posts
Quote:
Due to the recommendation from others I've added wing fences to my T-45...The paint that I used is Valspar Plastic Paint #68104 Red....Pretty good match if ya ask me!!!
Very Nice!

X-30
X30PILOT is online now Find More Posts by X30PILOT