HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:00 AM
Homer Glen, Illinois, United States
Joined Sep 2001
453 Posts
Yippee!
My PCA-2 First successful flight

I couldn't get this on youtube earlier. Please excuse the very poor job of trying to film it. It's very difficult trying to find it without a view finder. My camera just has a screen and in daylight it's hard to see anything.
Pete

100 0421 (0 min 9 sec)

100 0422 (1 min 59 sec)

100 0423 (1 min 39 sec)

100 0424 (0 min 29 sec)

100 0425 (0 min 31 sec)
T6Junkie is offline Find More Posts by T6Junkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:05 AM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,845 Posts
Pete,
Congratulations, I do believe that is officially the first Pitcairn (other than the prototypes) to take to the air and as expected it flies very well indeed.
I am totally impressed, not only by the flight but most of all by you. You had a bit of a bad start with your Pitcairn and as anyone would do got a little rattled and kind of blamed the model. Instead of giving up at the first couple of hurdles you sat back calmed down and listened to every piece of advice that was thrown at you.
You have been patient and have waited for the right flying conditions, have not forced it into the air and have got your set up 'bang on'.
In my eyes your determination has shone through and you have proved to everyone that if the plans/ set ups are adhered to then all will have success.

A true aeromodeller!

I think a certain person from Nebraska is going to be a little pleased

I am really pleased for you mate..Thanks for taking the time to make a video.

Regards Rich
SafeLandings is online now Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:03 AM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,062 Posts
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA! NEBRASKA is happy! I'm laughing with joy! That was awesome Pete!

Yes...you are OFFICIALLY the first Pitcarin to fly! Nice job Pete!

And watching the thing fly....DON'T CHANGE A THING! It flies great! Love that landing! Glad to have you aboard!
Joe
jodini is online now Find More Posts by jodini
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:09 AM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Pete......I could feel it in my bones that you would fly. You took it one step at a time and trouble shot it as you went aloong like a true autogyro aeromodeler does! I saw some hovering....a touch and go too! Pete....you made my day man!!!

Congrats on a fantastic maiden flight. We are so proud that you chose our model to build and fly.

Keep her in one piece so we can all fly them at Morris next year!!! I would love to see three or four flying at the same time!

Dave
imsofaman is offline Find More Posts by imsofaman
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:45 AM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Dec 2000
591 Posts
Pete,

What a great flight. She's a lovely bird!

Also, I have the same problem with a camera that only has a viewscreen. Solved it with this: http://www.hoodmanusa.com/

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by T6Junkie View Post
I couldn't get this on youtube earlier. Please excuse the very poor job of trying to film it. It's very difficult trying to find it without a view finder. My camera just has a screen and in daylight it's hard to see anything.
Pete
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:51 PM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Outstanding Pete!! I'm very excited by your success, glad you saw things through to a great flight. When you get a bit more time under your belt with her, see if you can find a camera operator that can keep it in frame for you. Perhaps the guy commenting about your take off would like to build one and try his own. Congrats man, I hope to have mine in the air before too long. For some reason the Government insists I fly thier stuff regularly instead of my own aircraft.

Regards,
-Mike
Boneswamped is offline Find More Posts by Boneswamped
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:00 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Pete,
Here is a video I made for you. Have fun watching it. When you are ready, double click on the movie and it should take you to my video page. From there you will see an option for downloading as a MP4. Download it and then you can upload to your Youtube account.

Dave

Pete's Maiden Flight PCA-2 (3 min 49 sec)
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:28 PM
Joined Sep 2001
453 Posts
Pca-2

Dave,
Thanks for making the video for me. I appreciate it.
Pete
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:45 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
No worries man. Its yours now...so you can upload in to Youtube.

Dave
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:46 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Pete.....I like your model so much, I made it my desk top background!!!

Dave
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:30 AM
Joined Sep 2001
453 Posts
Pca-2

Thanks Dave,
I'm happy and proud to be part of your desktop.
Pete
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:53 AM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,845 Posts
Its has been brought to my attention that my statement was incorrect concerning the first PCA-2 to fly over the pond after Joe's was Pete's.
It seems I was wrong and meant nothing derogatory with this wording. All I was trying to do was give a little credit on Pete's behalf as I believe he earned this.

I apologise to those concerned.

Regards Rich
SafeLandings is online now Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:53 AM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Any more flights Pete? More video?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 01:10 AM
Joined Sep 2001
453 Posts
Pca-2

Mike,
The temp here is 32 for a high during the day and in the lo 20's at nite. I'm glad I got in a flight before the weather changed. No more outdoor flying till spring. I have to recover my rotor blades for the PCA-2. I had one blade with a couple of small cracks in it and the others had a bow in them. They're fixed and straight now so I just have to put some new covering on them and then it's ready for spring. I'll wait till then. I spoke to Jim Mahoney today and he told me it was cold in Florida. The temp dropped down to 72 degrees. I'm jealous.
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and wish every one a Merry Christmas and a Happy Chanukah.
Pete
Old Nov 28, 2010, 01:37 AM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Hi,
Well Pete I'm in Florida right now too, and it's 38deg. I'm working out of Eglin Air Force Base, near Destin and Pensacola. I don't get to do any R/C for now, I'm stuck with the full scale work.

I'll be joining your success with my PCA-2 soon.

Regards,
-Mke