HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:58 PM
free bird
Mickey D's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Aug 2011
169 Posts
Knock and the door shal be opened unto you.
Mickey D is offline Find More Posts by Mickey D
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:56 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
You won't wilt and die. As long as you have a body that gets you around you stand a 100% chance of recovery. Just don't show up at an interview with any gooey stuff dripping off of you.
ESPECIALLY not if it's yellow-green!
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:01 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
ESPECIALLY not if it's yellow-green!
That reminds me of the story of the guy who went to his draft board with a mouthful of chocolate and OJ and drooled the whole time. He was not drafted...
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:52 AM
Registered User
GWFAMI's Avatar
Kansas
Joined Jul 2005
182 Posts
Thanks guys, I needed that.

As for Wichita, I commuted there every day for the past 6 years, sure won't miss the drive.

Got an invention I'm trying to get to market, now if I can just find the right partner....
GWFAMI is offline Find More Posts by GWFAMI
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:55 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
seanpcola's Avatar
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWFAMI View Post
Thanks guys, I needed that.

As for Wichita, I commuted there every day for the past 6 years, sure won't miss the drive.

Got an invention I'm trying to get to market, now if I can just find the right partner....
Sounds like an episode of "Shark Tank".

GO FOR IT!
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:27 AM
David Drowns
Mig Man's Avatar
Southern California
Joined Nov 2010
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWFAMI View Post
Thanks guys, I needed that.

As for Wichita, I commuted there every day for the past 6 years, sure won't miss the drive.

Got an invention I'm trying to get to market, now if I can just find the right partner....


I have several items I've produced for various placed I've worked. Work keeps getting in the way from me marketing them to the public.

Got laid off about 12 years ago. Technically. (fired actually, I called them out for letting the benefits lapse, they reinstated them. Let me go two months later.) I started gearing up to produce one of my products from a prior trade. Wouldn't ya know. They called me back after 2 weeks with all my back pay and a raise. I even caught one of my former bosses trying to bring to market one of my inventions. He however didn't have the technical skills to produce it. He's a paper pusher. And I'm still doing the same work after all these years. Haven't had time or been forced back into bringing one to market.

I've often said, and still do. "With the right partner." too.
But now I feel like I'm getting too old to give it a go.
At least until I retire.

BTW. The guy who let me go.... He's just one of our customers now.
Mig Man is offline Find More Posts by Mig Man
Last edited by Mig Man; Sep 09, 2012 at 01:33 AM. Reason: had to add my funny picture.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:50 PM
Registered User
GWFAMI's Avatar
Kansas
Joined Jul 2005
182 Posts
Glad it worked out for you.

Perhaps I should have said "someone with money to invest and who knows marketing" instead of the generic "right partner".


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig Man View Post
[/B]

I have several items I've produced for various placed I've worked. Work keeps getting in the way from me marketing them to the public.

Got laid off about 12 years ago. Technically. (fired actually, I called them out for letting the benefits lapse, they reinstated them. Let me go two months later.) I started gearing up to produce one of my products from a prior trade. Wouldn't ya know. They called me back after 2 weeks with all my back pay and a raise. I even caught one of my former bosses trying to bring to market one of my inventions. He however didn't have the technical skills to produce it. He's a paper pusher. And I'm still doing the same work after all these years. Haven't had time or been forced back into bringing one to market.

I've often said, and still do. "With the right partner." too.
But now I feel like I'm getting too old to give it a go.
At least until I retire.

BTW. The guy who let me go.... He's just one of our customers now.
GWFAMI is offline Find More Posts by GWFAMI
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 05:26 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWFAMI View Post
Glad it worked out for you.

Perhaps I should have said "someone with money to invest and who knows marketing" instead of the generic "right partner".
Maybe consider crowdfunding. Also. Look up "score" = service corps of retired executives. They're free help.

You might consider consulting in leiu of honest work.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:56 AM
Registered User
Brawley, CA. USA
Joined May 2000
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
Wrong again. There would only be two possible grounds for a lawsuit:

(1) If Monica Lewinsky felt violated. It sure doesn't seem like she did.

(2) If some other intern felt Monica received some kind of otherwise undeserved promotion or bonus that was unavailable to them without doing what she did.

It's otherwise no one's business but Bill's, Hillary's and Monica's. Not mine. Not yours. Not America's.
But you seem to forget, he lied to the american people on live TV ( "I did not have sex with that woman") and he lied under oath.
Wild Bill is offline Find More Posts by Wild Bill
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:33 AM
Registered User
Brawley, CA. USA
Joined May 2000
480 Posts
Opps, I should have read further along, I would have realized the thread had passed this by. After reading more this definitely was the wrong place to post this, as were the previous posts relating to the subject. My apologies.

Bill
Wild Bill is offline Find More Posts by Wild Bill
Last edited by Wild Bill; Sep 10, 2012 at 01:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:46 AM
Augernaut
Wookster's Avatar
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWFAMI View Post
Thanks guys, I needed that.

As for Wichita, I commuted there every day for the past 6 years, sure won't miss the drive.

Got an invention I'm trying to get to market, now if I can just find the right partner....
You would think with all that is getting ready to happen in the Ag science field in manhattan that there would be lots of opportunity. Then again, its all on paper, havent even started building yet. I wish you the best. I know Bayer Ag Science in the Kansas City area hires quite a few chemists, but that a big commute.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:24 AM
Registered User
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
Opps, I should have read further along, I would have realized the thread had passed this by. After reading more this definitely was the wrong place to post this, as were the previous posts relating to the subject. My apologies.

Bill
Ditto
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:50 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
SKYPILEIT's Avatar
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,254 Posts
..
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
...
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:05 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
1,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
..
Sky,

I just wanted to comment on what a beautiful family you have.
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! part II genovia Parkflyers 4 Feb 25, 2014 09:02 AM
Help! fooltaba 7c part II sky'hi' Hand Launch 6 Oct 20, 2010 10:41 AM