SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:38 PM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
Ah right, so not twisting floppyness, more up/down movement?

My torque rod goes through the fairing part and into the fuse itself, in another bushing. Tight as...
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:58 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysis View Post
Ah right, so not twisting floppyness, more up/down movement?

My torque rod goes through the fairing part and into the fuse itself, in another bushing. Tight as...
my torque rod is the same way, I think the parts are just too old and wearing out on the body. just doesnt hold it tight anymore. time for a new body. and yes, up and down movement floppiness.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:25 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
sikky's Avatar
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
I think it was 8% up in the diff control setting. It is a roll and down input that makes it sloppy roll.... Look through the setting on the tailarons.
sikky is offline Find More Posts by sikky
Last edited by sikky; Jul 24, 2011 at 01:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:01 AM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikky View Post
I think it was 8% up in the diff control setting. It is a roll and down input that makes it sloppy roll.... Look through the setting on the tailarons.
I will give it a look and see. thanks.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:05 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
ok, think I figured out my roll problem. I was trying to mess with the differential, but it wouldnt even let me activate it. so I looked in my manual, (i have a Dx6i) and it says you cannot use differential if you are using elevon mixing, which is what is required on this plane. So, I just went back into my settings and was looking at my travel adjustments and noticed that when I would push left aileron it was only set to 90% and when I push right aileron it was at 100%. But I also didnt realize, that with elevon mixing, when I adjust the aileron travel, its only adjusting the right tail fin, not both. so when I roll, it was only moving 90% on one tail and 100% on the other. definitely would cause an uneven roll. I have all rates set to 100% now and will see what happens next time out.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:50 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Studley
Joined Dec 2006
5 Posts
another F16

Hi Guys
I just thought I'd share my F16 with you. I know it's not scale but it does help when your flying it.Standard apart from reinforced rear.
soaringsteve is offline Find More Posts by soaringsteve
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 01:20 PM
I like them a bit tail heavy
tdab's Avatar
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,439 Posts
Upgraded to 4s

I took out the stock system and put in Dons wicked 4000 plus balanced in a 64mm EDO fan. Also upgraded the esc to a 60A hobbymate on low timing. With 30c 4s2450's this thing hauls ass. I used some 3mm depron around the circumference of the 64mm fan and then sanded it down until it fit in perfectly. I also modified the thrust tube for the fan. On my meter just now I got 726 watts on a fresh lipo. ...The AUW is 26.5 oz. I estimate this thing is easily over 100mph now....Either way it is plenty fast for me

I know I should clean up the intake area, but it flies so nice that I'm not going to with it....See pic below..Tom

Edit: My COG is just in front of the black sharpie marks in red portion on the wings, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch in front of those...
tdab is offline Find More Posts by tdab
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 01:40 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab View Post
I took out the stock system and put in Dons wicked 4000 plus balanced in a 64mm EDO fan. Also upgraded the esc to a 60A hobbymate on low timing. With 30c 4s2450's this thing hauls ass. I used some 3mm depron around the circumference of the 64mm fan and then sanded it down until it fit in perfectly. I also modified the thrust tube for the fan. On my meter just now I got 726 watts on a fresh lipo. ...The AUW is 26.5 oz. I estimate this thing is easily over 100mph now....Either way it is plenty fast for me

I know I should clean up the intake area, but it flies so nice that I'm not going to with it....See pic below..Tom

Edit: My COG is just in front of the black sharpie marks in red portion on the wings, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch in front of those...
your wires sure are short from your ESC to the motor.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 01:53 PM
I like them a bit tail heavy
tdab's Avatar
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,439 Posts
What is your point? I wanted to make sure that the weight of the esc was behind the COG so that I could use a heavier lipo and still balance on the mark. If you are not extending the lipo wires more than 5-6 inches, you should have no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
your wires sure are short from your ESC to the motor.
tdab is offline Find More Posts by tdab
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:42 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab View Post
What is your point? I wanted to make sure that the weight of the esc was behind the COG so that I could use a heavier lipo and still balance on the mark. If you are not extending the lipo wires more than 5-6 inches, you should have no issues.
no point, just never seen one that short. I need to do that to mine really.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 03:55 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
ok, just got done flying again and my spins were better, but still not perfect. not sure what else it could be unless its just because the COG is off. for some reason, ever since I got this plane, to get it to fly level, one taileron has to be higher then the other, so when I go to spin, it makes sense that they would not be even because one is already higher then the other. like its heavy on its right side, but there is no reason that it should be.

also, it is 101 degrees out today, but my new 2200mah 4 cell 40C battery is still getting super hot and puffing some after a 4 minute flight. surely its putting out plenty of power for my setup. do you think its just because of the hot weather? I will tell you this, my vertical is GREATLY improved on this setup. did a couple low high speed passes and man its fast!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 04:30 PM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
Yeah, my tailerons aren't even for level flight. Neither were the race birds done a couple of years back, so you're not alone!

For some reason, I seem to recall even the real one is lopsided?
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 04:51 PM
I like them a bit tail heavy
tdab's Avatar
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,439 Posts
You are correct, if you go back to when this jet first came out you will see that this has been an issue (for most). My right side (passenger side ) taileron (elevon, whatever) is nearly 1/4" lower than the left side trimmed for perfect level hands off flight. It doesn't bother me. The roles aren't perfect but I have programmed most of the slop out on the A9.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysis View Post
Yeah, my tailerons aren't even for level flight. Neither were the race birds done a couple of years back, so you're not alone!

For some reason, I seem to recall even the real one is lopsided?
tdab is offline Find More Posts by tdab
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:55 PM
JOHN 3:16
Sammy70's Avatar
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab View Post
IEdit: My COG is just in front of the black sharpie marks in red portion on the wings, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch in front of those...

I like mine much better with the CG right at the leading edge of the cheater opening
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
15 Posts
Finally got to maiden my F-16 today. I love this plane. This is my first EDF and I am hooked. I am using the stock fan and a 3200kv motor from hobbyking http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5246. I am using a sky lipo 4s 2200mah battery and a 40 amp speed control. After 3 1/2 minutes of flight everything comes down cool and the battery about 3.8V per cell. This set up gives decent speed but I'm ready for more. You can check out the maiden video at http://youtu.be/MpZnyWR-CbE.
jsweari2 is offline Find More Posts by jsweari2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Phase 3 Hobbypeople F16- build tips? Smokescreen38 Foamy EDFs 89 Jul 03, 2014 05:39 AM
Discussion Phase 3 - Hobbypeople F16 UPGRADES (cont.) Flying Beagle Foamy EDFs 13 Nov 10, 2010 02:54 AM
Discussion Phase 3 - Hobbypeople F16 UPGRADES ducatirdr Foamy EDFs 11482 Nov 09, 2010 10:05 PM
Wanted Phase 3 F16 body dmize Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Oct 01, 2010 10:36 PM
Sold Phase 3 f16 arf NorCal Hobbies Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Sep 02, 2010 07:30 PM