HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:28 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
sikky's Avatar
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
Who wants a 55mm fan when you can have a 70mm with no more work than placement??
sikky is offline Find More Posts by sikky
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:33 PM
Registered User
T-CAT's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
5,218 Posts
I didn't know it was that easy. I thought there would have been some modification necessary to fit a 70mm fan. I wanted to get one of these and put a Sapac 70mm fan in. If it'll drop right in then I'm golden. I didn't want to start carving/sanding foam to get it to fit.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:40 PM
Registered User
kevinb120's Avatar
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashmaster71 View Post
Someone posted decals for the Edwards AFB scheme in the old thread, which included the markings you are looking for. I think they were within the first 50 pages. BTW, I believe those marking are to aid the boom operators during refueling.
I used the same set from that thread:



kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:42 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,654 Posts
just to let you F-16 driver's know i still can make the Mod parts for this plane ..molds are getting old but still work .
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Last edited by AIR SALLY; Nov 12, 2010 at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:21 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
I didn't know it was that easy. I thought there would have been some modification necessary to fit a 70mm fan. I wanted to get one of these and put a Sapac 70mm fan in. If it'll drop right in then I'm golden. I didn't want to start carving/sanding foam to get it to fit.
I had tried a 70mm Wemotech fan in mine and it didnt fit just right. it was a tad too big without modding it. if you have rigged your back hatch to screw down instead of gluing it down, you can get it to fit, but there is a small gap in between the hatch and the body. so shaving off a little foam would help. the 70mm fan that is in the squall though might fit better.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:23 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone View Post
^^^i think that has to do with taileron differential (or lack of).
i had that same issue a couple f16's ago and i think increasing the ail mix (but not ele mix) and adding differential helped.
thanks, I will give this a try.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:28 PM
db1
don betz
db1's Avatar
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2004
571 Posts
Those were my decals. I'lll try to find the old files and upload them to this thread as well. It makes me smile every time I see someone use them.

db
db1 is offline Find More Posts by db1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:50 PM
Registered User
T-CAT's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
5,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I had tried a 70mm Wemotech fan in mine and it didnt fit just right. it was a tad too big without modding it. if you have rigged your back hatch to screw down instead of gluing it down, you can get it to fit, but there is a small gap in between the hatch and the body. so shaving off a little foam would help. the 70mm fan that is in the squall though might fit better.
Thanks Nickel. I appreciate your input. I hope I can buy one of these jets soon so I can try it out. Thanks again!
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:37 AM
Once-ler
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2008
535 Posts
FOAM ONLY KITS on SALE @ HP

$15 EACH....HURRY BEFORE They are gone!!!
jmrust is offline Find More Posts by jmrust
Last edited by jmrust; Nov 12, 2010 at 07:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:28 AM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrust View Post
$15 EACH....HURRY BEFORE They are gone!!!
where is this at? you wrote HL, but hobby lobby doesnt sell this plane....

I think you meant HP, I found it, ordered it! thanks! that is an awesome price!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Last edited by nickelbn1; Nov 12, 2010 at 07:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:33 AM
Once-ler
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2008
535 Posts
fixed...sorry.
jmrust is offline Find More Posts by jmrust
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:45 AM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
holy cow, the Phase 3 squall WITH EDF, motor and esc only $20!!! at HP! I am getting one!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:39 AM
Registered User
thrashmaster71's Avatar
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Thanks for the heads up jmrust! I just ordered two! I wonder why they are blowing them out like this? I hope they aren't getting discontinued, although I would have a hard time believing that. I'd say they are just a little bit popular I wonder if these are going to be the old 56mm fan or the new elusive 70mm fan?
thrashmaster71 is online now Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:43 AM
Registered User
thrashmaster71's Avatar
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1 View Post
Those were my decals. I'lll try to find the old files and upload them to this thread as well. It makes me smile every time I see someone use them.

db
Thanks for posting them, db1. I used a couple of your markings on mine.
thrashmaster71 is online now Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:54 AM
Once-ler
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2008
535 Posts
The foam is the same...both fans fit. I'm scared that I'm gonna get an email that says it was an error! There are some good deals there....a squall w/ fan, esc, and motor for $20!!!

I see some profits in my future....just don't spread the word too wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashmaster71 View Post
Thanks for the heads up jmrust! I just ordered two! I wonder why they are blowing them out like this? I hope they aren't getting discontinued, although I would have a hard time believing that. I'd say they are just a little bit popular I wonder if these are going to be the old 56mm fan or the new elusive 70mm fan?
jmrust is offline Find More Posts by jmrust
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Phase 3 Hobbypeople F16- build tips? Smokescreen38 Foamy EDFs 89 Jul 03, 2014 05:39 AM
Discussion Phase 3 - Hobbypeople F16 UPGRADES (cont.) Flying Beagle Foamy EDFs 13 Nov 10, 2010 02:54 AM
Discussion Phase 3 - Hobbypeople F16 UPGRADES ducatirdr Foamy EDFs 11482 Nov 09, 2010 10:05 PM
Wanted Phase 3 F16 body dmize Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Oct 01, 2010 10:36 PM
Sold Phase 3 f16 arf NorCal Hobbies Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Sep 02, 2010 07:30 PM