SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:29 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
i had my 2nd successful flight tonight in 15 mph winds! was a little scary, but got her back home safe! definitely flies better now that my tailerons are moving farther like they are supposed to.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:39 PM
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
It's pretty good in the wind, just a little bit of 'wiggles' in the tail but doesn't hurt anything.

I still have my original 3s stock one with over 200 flights on it, and have two airframe kits in the closet. I may just do a Squall 4S setup for a basic upgrade, and no fancy paint. Just simple and light. Probably use a pair of these next time http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=9392. Bought 5 on a whim to pack an order to the last gram, all seem pretty decent so far.
kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:44 PM
Mike
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Joined Jul 2003
939 Posts
On my third!
i12flyrc is online now Find More Posts by i12flyrc
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:11 PM
stevek1959
USA, AZ, Tempe
Joined Mar 2005
114 Posts
On my third also, ready to start the fun once again. What a great design on this jet!
stevek1959 is online now Find More Posts by stevek1959
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:33 PM
Can anybody see it?
Baker , FL
Joined Dec 2009
326 Posts
Still flying my 2nd and sold my third. Probably going to sell the second too. Moving on to something else for a while.
Tinkasochi is offline Find More Posts by Tinkasochi
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:35 PM
Once-ler
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2008
535 Posts
FL boys get dibs...the ME-163 got here yesterday btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkasochi View Post
Still flying my 2nd and sold my third. Probably going to sell the second too. Moving on to something else for a while.
jmrust is offline Find More Posts by jmrust
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:06 AM
Bristol UK
Joined Aug 2010
172 Posts
Anyone know where you can get an image or decal download for the line pattern on the top of the fuse, just back from the cockpit, umm sort of looks like a D-I-I- don't know the technical term.

thanks
tim.fuggdesign is offline Find More Posts by tim.fuggdesign
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:36 AM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.fuggdesign View Post
Anyone know where you can get an image or decal download for the line pattern on the top of the fuse, just back from the cockpit, umm sort of looks like a D-I-I- don't know the technical term.

thanks
Someone posted decals for the Edwards AFB scheme in the old thread, which included the markings you are looking for. I think they were within the first 50 pages. BTW, I believe those marking are to aid the boom operators during refueling.
thrashmaster71 is offline Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:54 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
ok, so PERFECT day out today for flying before the cold hits tomorrow, went out first thing this morning and had only flown about 30 seconds when everything went dead again for about 4 seconds, then started back up, flew another 30 seconds, died again this time it was headed down and looking to do a nose dive into a parking lot when it came back up in time and I pulled her back up. I decided I better hurry and set her down, so I did safely. I am venturing to say my semi damaged battery from my first crash is not working properly and having voltage fluctuations. weird, because I flew last night the whole time with no issues. that is my only battery for this plane, so now I cannot fly her. sucks, because the day is continuing to be perfect out. flew my other 50mm plane twice today already.

oh, and I tested out my new tailerons which are now traveling 3/4 inch compared to 1/4 inch before, and it definitely responds much better, however, I did a roll, and it still does not roll near as fast as I expected. is this plane supposed to do a really fast snappy roll? mine takes about 2 seconds to roll all the way around.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Nov 11, 2010, 01:12 PM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Quote:
mine takes about 2 seconds to roll all the way around
That doesn't sound right. My throws are set to 3/4" like yours are, and it snaps around pretty fast.
thrashmaster71 is offline Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Old Nov 11, 2010, 01:34 PM
life is an oyster. shuck it!
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,180 Posts
^^^i think that has to do with taileron differential (or lack of).
i had that same issue a couple f16's ago and i think increasing the ail mix (but not ele mix) and adding differential helped.
istandalone is offline Find More Posts by istandalone
Old Nov 11, 2010, 01:39 PM
life is an oyster. shuck it!
bennington, VT
Joined Mar 2008
3,180 Posts
also, i need some opinions here. i'm in the market for a new lipo charger, and i'd like this to be my last charger i ever buy (barring something breaking on the new one in a few years).
i need it to charge up to 6s lipo, lead acid 12v (nixx not important) and charge up to 10a. also it needs to be able to discharge a 4s lipo at a rate greater then .4a (like the bantam bc6 i use now....great charger but the discharger sucks balls).
does anyone make a charger that also has an on board watt meter? i need one of those too, but the ones i see for sale only go up to 100a...which is fine but in rare cases i have pwr systems that draw 120a +.
istandalone is offline Find More Posts by istandalone
Old Nov 11, 2010, 04:29 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
I know of no chargers that double as wattmeters, that's not to say they don't exist. I have an iCharger 208B, 20A/350W, charger and love it. Now that the 306B and 3010B, both 30A/1000W, chargers are out I would likely get one of those over the 20XB line. The FMA Powerlab 8, 40A/1300W charger also gets great reviews. Those would be the only ones I would look at for high powered charging right now. Just keep in mind it takes a pretty hefty power supply to power those to the full potential, but still work very well on lower powered power supplies.

The only wattmeters I know of that can handle those amps are the Hyperion E-Meter II w/RDU and the Eagle Tree Logging system w/Power Panel. Both can handle unto 150A, but do so at a price, roughly $150 with all the gadgets. But for the price, they are far more than just your run of the mill wattmeters. Both have onboard units for inflight data logging, and serve many more functions.
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:38 PM
NEW JERSEY U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post
Have a crashed squall. Was wondering if anyone has ever put the power system into the f16?

Thanks
D.
The squall 70mm power system now comes with the f-16 and fits perfectly. I have mach fit the 70mm fan unit but have not flown it.
SKYRYDER1000 is offline Find More Posts by SKYRYDER1000
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:56 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
5,920 Posts
Let me get this straight...... The HP EF16 now comes with a 70mm fan???
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT