HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Thanks. I was trying to copy effluxs to an extent. The underside is all yellow. I added some clear coat to both sides so its more shiny. My first one wasnt as easy to see as i would of liked so went with bright colors on this one
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:31 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,969 Posts
good idea ...these fast small jet are hard to see
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,035 Posts
I just received an email this morning from Hobby People selling the bird for 39.99
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:24 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,002 Posts
So where should I line up the tailerons at initial setup for maiden ? I saw a post somewhere I should line up the front of the taileron flush with bottom of the fuse.

Also It seems like the tailerons really droop I wish I could find a rear shot of somebody esles to compare to make sure I got mine right. I mean cant imagine I did something different that would cause them to droop more than they should ? lol

Im really not liking the linkage setup they give you seems kinda hokey. Anybody done anything different with the linkages ?

Looks like im getting about 525 watts on 4s. Should be pretty good with that eh ?
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Last edited by FlyHighSelllow; Dec 14, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:24 AM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
I just received an email this morning from Hobby People selling the bird for 39.99
Mine was $29.99
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
Looks like im getting about 525 watts on 4s. Should be pretty good with that eh ?
Some will tell you that's not gonna be that fast. Others, like myself, would say, 500+ watts on 4S will be PLENTY to fly this thing.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
500 watts will fly it nice. My very draggy much bigger f15 flies fine on 500 watts
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:29 PM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
Some will tell you that's not gonna be that fast. Others, like myself, would say, 500+ watts on 4S will be PLENTY to fly this thing.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm stock. No glass etc. Haven't weighed it yet but it's pretty light. Should be 250 watts per pound minimum.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:58 AM
United States, CO, Keystone
Joined Feb 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
So where should I line up the tailerons at initial setup for maiden ? I saw a post somewhere I should line up the front of the taileron flush with bottom of the fuse.

Also It seems like the tailerons really droop I wish I could find a rear shot of somebody esles to compare to make sure I got mine right. I mean cant imagine I did something different that would cause them to droop more than they should ? lol

Im really not liking the linkage setup they give you seems kinda hokey. Anybody done anything different with the linkages ?

See post 1530 on this page for the mods I did.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post23249642
smccrory60 is offline Find More Posts by smccrory60
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:39 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
anybody got a crashed fuselage with about 7" of good nose left lying around ? would keep me from having to buy another kit for now

i know...the nose is usually the crashed part
KCinNC is online now Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:48 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,598 Posts
This any good?
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:11 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
mine looks a bit different...is that from the Phase 3 EF-16?
KCinNC is online now Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:12 PM
United States, CO, Eagle
Joined Oct 2010
103 Posts
Am I understanding correctly that there is a separate bushing that you guys (Air Sally) are putting on the inside of the taileron mount? Or has it be rectified by the manufacturer?
Gnfghtr is offline Find More Posts by Gnfghtr
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:17 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,598 Posts
Yes it is a Phase 3 EF16, nose cone is on it.

I did not notice where you were at first and it would cost as much as a new kit $40 quote by someone the other day

FlyHighSelllow Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson

Mine was $29.99
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnfghtr View Post
Am I understanding correctly that there is a separate bushing that you guys (Air Sally) are putting on the inside of the taileron mount? Or has it be rectified by the manufacturer?
There's nothing to "rectify". It's an additional mod that Air Sally first did to reduce the moment are on the taileron pivot rods. The jet comes with a brass bushing in the pylons. The "bushing" is placed into the fuse to add additional bearing surface.
It's just any bushing or daimetrical part that you can find around your hobby room that fits the dia of the Taileron pivot rod.
Many folks use use wheel bushings, Use can use a brass busing as well.

I also like to dig the foam away from around the stock brass bushing, and fill the area with epoxy.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014