SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Herb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 06:53 AM
Joined May 2009
474 Posts
Thank you very much Herb and Corsair nut.

I decided to use, HS-82MG for rudder and steering, HS-125 for ailerons, BMS555 for flaps and HK 929MG for elevators...

Thanks,
Ozgur

PS: Are you using external BEC and if yes which one you recommend for me?
ozgur is offline Find More Posts by ozgur
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2011, 07:52 AM
Joined May 2009
474 Posts
Here is the buddy code for Blue Bird BMS555;

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...B-24E209D55F09

And Turnigy nano-tech 1000mah 2S 25~50C Lipo Pac;

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...4-03E888A1B813

Also Turnigy nano-tech 850mah 2S 25~40C Lipo Pack

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...A-EC17476967CC

Canopy Lock 30x8mm (10pcs/bag)

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...6-4891A1F1899D
ozgur is offline Find More Posts by ozgur
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:00 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,169 Posts
I found this servo to be a resonable replacement for HS-81/HS-81 type servos in non-critical applications :

Digital, metal gear, $9 : D-MG16

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6608

This one is a less expensive metal gear servo, not digital, for airvalves and such : TGY MG90S

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9392

Plastic gears, have a few of these and they work just fine : HXT900

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?idProduct=662

Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb
Last edited by Herb; Jul 15, 2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 06:18 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,226 Posts
herb, i got some of those mg16s coming for the prototype het 90mm f20...
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Last edited by corsair nut; Jul 15, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:16 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,226 Posts
heres some pics of mine, still need to finish the cockpit, and some small detailing. some shots showing some mods, like the stab servo location, vg's and stab fences.

also, my maiden report....and a shot of my jhh kfir(needs lots of detail work) 12 lbs..12s 6000...cutom 105mm turbax...about 150-155 mph on a little over 4kw

man, i had a awesome day with the T45!!!!!!! i LOVE this model. its exactly what i was looking for, a nice looking, semi scale model, docile, and fun to fly, and not a flying brick. its all the above! bmiller was there, he was kind enough to lend me his retacts so i could fly it. i think i flew 6 times. loved every one!

first let me tell the setup...
MIDI pro, neu 1415 1.5Y, CC85hv, turnigy 8s 5000.
weight, 8.5lbs
1/8" washout added to ailerons
full 40deg of flap
HK514 retracts, HK trailing link struts, modded JHH sabre main strut for nose strut
hs85's on flaps, 82's on elev, hs...somethin....slim servo for rudder, hs 85 for steering, HXT900's for ailerons
i added VG's to top of wing according to marks in the civering, though i reduced the angle somewhat
wheels/main gear doors stick out a touch
no nose gear doors at all yet (thats a big hole up there!)
CG at 100mm (still feels a tiny bit nose heavy to me)

TAKEOFF: only took about 200ft (if that) using 25deg of flap, model rotates REALLY nice, and climbs at a great angle, just hold a little back pressure, and the model rotates nice and smooth, just like a real one would.
FLYING: SMOOOOOTH...ailerons are nice and crisp, rolls are fairly axial, vertical and loops are pretty dang big...which is good! top speed i would get to be in the 120-125mph range, i might note that im using a really big tail pipe....about 2.9". too big, its taking 65-70% power to maintain a good cruise. but it accelerates from low speeds very well, i can climb at 45 deg angle after touch and go or go around with flaps hanging out. this is a draggy model....coming from a dead vertical power off dive, pulling out at the end of the runway, by mid runway...im feeling the need to add power again...drops speed VERY fast....one draggy mofo! i felt like i had to push on the stick just a bit on the flat, high speed passes, and hold just a little up at low speed. transition to flaps results in no trim change.
LANDING: no brainer! drop gear and full flap on down wind leg, at aprox 200ft, reduce power to 1/2 on dropping turn, line up with runway, 50 ft off end of runway, cut power, and let it slow as it drops to the runway, flare (almost full up just before touchdown) touches down nose high, no sign of tip stall during aproach, or flare. touch and goes are cool, cause if you get back on the power soon enough, the nose stays off the ground while the model rides the mains, then it lifts off and starts climbing out.

changes....going to add nose gear doors, should clean it up a little, and im going to drop down to a 2.75" pipe, has worked great before on other models, and i think it will allow me to cruise at lower power settings. should push top speed to 130 or so.

flight times were 4.5-5 min, the most i put back after any flight was 3300mah, most of the flights were at 2800-3000 mah. not bad. 5 min is great with plenty of pack for a couple go arounds if needed.

all in all, i love it....bruce has some pics he needs to post

bottom line....if your on the fence about buying one...hop on over....the grass IS greener on this side!

WTG CMP.

edit: forgot to mention i used beefier pushrods...
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:53 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Nice pics!
I liked yout touch n gos the best!
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:09 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,226 Posts
yes thanks for taking them! lots of touch and goes, just like the real ones..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
Nice pics!
I liked yout touch n gos the best!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:30 PM
"My grandma wants to fly jets"
Richmond, VA
Joined Feb 2008
474 Posts
CN - great write-up, thanks! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the plane so much, and your notes are very helpful! You seem to be one of the few flying it on 8s. Its cool bmiller could be out there!

I would like to know the landing gear you used, but I couldn't find anything about the HK514 on theiir website. Were they air retracts like the model 2202? Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: my bad... I think I found them here: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14838

And I'm assuming these are the trailing struts: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11300
heychas is offline Find More Posts by heychas
Last edited by heychas; Jul 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:41 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,226 Posts
hobby king 514 series, 312s will work too. electric. main struts are hk as well, modded for larger tires...
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:56 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,226 Posts
put two flights on it at my home field today. changed tail pipe from 2.95 to 2.7".....noticeably faster, looked to be doing a solid 130.

i didnt really nail the landings, was getting it too slow and running out of elev.....last landing was .....navy like....but not too bad...first like would have been a wave off for sure...the guys on the boat would have givin me hell for weeks over that one
Old Jul 17, 2011, 01:20 AM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,161 Posts
I like the canopy mode. How do you attach it to the plane. And the horizontal tab servos. How did u mod those. The jet looks really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
heres some pics of mine, still need to finish the cockpit, and some small detailing. some shots showing some mods, like the stab servo location, vg's and stab fences.

also, my maiden report....and a shot of my jhh kfir(needs lots of detail work) 12 lbs..12s 6000...cutom 105mm turbax...about 150-155 mph on a little over 4kw

man, i had a awesome day with the T45!!!!!!! i LOVE this model. its exactly what i was looking for, a nice looking, semi scale model, docile, and fun to fly, and not a flying brick. its all the above! bmiller was there, he was kind enough to lend me his retacts so i could fly it. i think i flew 6 times. loved every one!

first let me tell the setup...
MIDI pro, neu 1415 1.5Y, CC85hv, turnigy 8s 5000.
weight, 8.5lbs
1/8" washout added to ailerons
full 40deg of flap
HK514 retracts, HK trailing link struts, modded JHH sabre main strut for nose strut
hs85's on flaps, 82's on elev, hs...somethin....slim servo for rudder, hs 85 for steering, HXT900's for ailerons
i added VG's to top of wing according to marks in the civering, though i reduced the angle somewhat
wheels/main gear doors stick out a touch
no nose gear doors at all yet (thats a big hole up there!)
CG at 100mm (still feels a tiny bit nose heavy to me)

TAKEOFF: only took about 200ft (if that) using 25deg of flap, model rotates REALLY nice, and climbs at a great angle, just hold a little back pressure, and the model rotates nice and smooth, just like a real one would.
FLYING: SMOOOOOTH...ailerons are nice and crisp, rolls are fairly axial, vertical and loops are pretty dang big...which is good! top speed i would get to be in the 120-125mph range, i might note that im using a really big tail pipe....about 2.9". too big, its taking 65-70% power to maintain a good cruise. but it accelerates from low speeds very well, i can climb at 45 deg angle after touch and go or go around with flaps hanging out. this is a draggy model....coming from a dead vertical power off dive, pulling out at the end of the runway, by mid runway...im feeling the need to add power again...drops speed VERY fast....one draggy mofo! i felt like i had to push on the stick just a bit on the flat, high speed passes, and hold just a little up at low speed. transition to flaps results in no trim change.
LANDING: no brainer! drop gear and full flap on down wind leg, at aprox 200ft, reduce power to 1/2 on dropping turn, line up with runway, 50 ft off end of runway, cut power, and let it slow as it drops to the runway, flare (almost full up just before touchdown) touches down nose high, no sign of tip stall during aproach, or flare. touch and goes are cool, cause if you get back on the power soon enough, the nose stays off the ground while the model rides the mains, then it lifts off and starts climbing out.

changes....going to add nose gear doors, should clean it up a little, and im going to drop down to a 2.75" pipe, has worked great before on other models, and i think it will allow me to cruise at lower power settings. should push top speed to 130 or so.

flight times were 4.5-5 min, the most i put back after any flight was 3300mah, most of the flights were at 2800-3000 mah. not bad. 5 min is great with plenty of pack for a couple go arounds if needed.

all in all, i love it....bruce has some pics he needs to post

bottom line....if your on the fence about buying one...hop on over....the grass IS greener on this side!

WTG CMP.

edit: forgot to mention i used beefier pushrods...
Mannyman535 is online now Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:09 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,367 Posts
OK, time to start updating on my own progress...
Rudder attached. Note the block to eliminate flutter. It works!
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:12 PM
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,367 Posts
Main landing gear in place. Used the RC-Lander one.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,367 Posts
Nose gear in place. I thought I took more pictures of it...
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:16 PM
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,367 Posts
Look into the fuse. See the rudder and elevators installed. Note the blue tape. What I do to prevent the servo wires from sticking to the epoxy is to cover them with blue tape right where the seam is.