HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Herb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:59 PM
Joined Feb 2004
227 Posts
Here you go should be ready in a short while,
CMP / Nitro planes / Jamara T-45 (3 min 30 sec)
Eddie-extra is offline Find More Posts by Eddie-extra
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:51 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,168 Posts
The video and flying are excellent !! Very nice !!

You are being way too modest, I do like those puffy white clouds as background, gorgeous british weather.

The sound of the WeMoTec Midi balanced rotor in the Jepe assembled fan is one hundred times better than my HET fan sound (they did a poor job balancing the HET 90 rotor). Performance looks very similar.

Also yours has the same wooshy sound of the intakes like mine.

I think you will have shorter landings when you will develop the courage to slow it down a bit more, and maybe move the CG back a tad ...
Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:49 PM
Joined Feb 2004
227 Posts
Hi Herb,
If you like a nice sounding wemo try this one,

FlyFly MB-339 (3 min 56 sec)

messed up the landing a bit but I do like this plane, shame its a foamy!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 05:01 PM
Joined Feb 2004
227 Posts
The real shame of the MB-339 is that I only bourght/built it as a trainer to enable me to have more courage to fly the Rafale which to date has only had one flight, which shook me up a bit and not wanting to kill it it has stayed in the hanger ever since
Typically I have gone ahead and built a few more df's and not got back to probably the best one yet.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 06:56 PM
Joined Feb 2004
227 Posts
Interesting analysis of the cog issues here; page 20 post 299
http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%26prmd%3Divns
bit hard to follow but we get the picture.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 08:28 AM
Joined May 2009
473 Posts
Hi Herb,

I just wanted to take your opinion while my plane was on the way; (with air retracts and oleo struts)

My power system will be Changesun 90mm 1900kv Fan/motor combo with 6S 30C 5000mAh.

Aileron servos; HET DS-001MG (Torque: 2.5 kg.cm) 12.5g
Elevator servos: Hobby King 929MG (Torque: 2.0 kg.cm) 12.5g
Rudder servo: HET DS-001MG (Torque: 2.5 kg.cm) 12.5g

I will not use flaps. Is that Ok??

Ozgur
ozgur is offline Find More Posts by ozgur
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:32 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,040 Posts
herb, just wanted to say thanks for all the info posted on your blog about this model. i flew mine with bruce last weekend, and its a pure joy to fly! very stable. i added scale VG's to the wing, and also put in 1/8" reflex in the ailerons, and at no point did it have that classic hawk tip stall, even during slow aproaches. i use full flap on landing, and man, it lands really slow, and nice and nose high. also, 1/2 flap on takeoff, and it rotates very very easy, and smooth. i have my cg at 100mm, and it still feels a little nose heavy during a roll. also, does yours want to climb at all on a fast pass? mine does a little bit. mine is 8.5 lbs, using a 8s 5000 setup, neu 1415 1.5Y, midi pro. sounds ultra smooth ans quiet in the air. im using a bit of a big tail pipe, but even so, the speed seems to be in the 120 range. going to try a smaller pipe in the near future. im using scale like struts, and double front tires, i added the elevator fences as well. still need to finish the cockpit, and a little detailing. really love the model though, just a great flyer.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:47 AM
Joined May 2009
473 Posts
Dear Corsair nut,

You also gave very inspiring information. Can you please also advise me servos for this plane? For flaps, do you think HS-125MG slim case is OK? Unfortunately HS-85MG is out of stock and I need to order my servos today.

Ozgur
ozgur is offline Find More Posts by ozgur
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:32 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,040 Posts
aww bummer. im using 85's on the flaps, and 82's on the stabs, a slim on the rudder, and HXT900's for teh ailerons. oh, and a 85 on the nose steering. anything that will fit, and has similar torque should be fine. all of the hitec servos are MG.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:31 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,168 Posts
The T-45 is a good flier but feels a bit draggier and heavier than my other 90mm edf jets, I tend to limit aerobatics to some rather basic stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgur View Post
Hi Herb,

I just wanted to take your opinion while my plane was on the way; (with air retracts and oleo struts)

My power system will be Changesun 90mm 1900kv Fan/motor combo with 6S 30C 5000mAh.

Aileron servos; HET DS-001MG (Torque: 2.5 kg.cm) 12.5g
Elevator servos: Hobby King 929MG (Torque: 2.0 kg.cm) 12.5g
Rudder servo: HET DS-001MG (Torque: 2.5 kg.cm) 12.5g

I will not use flaps. Is that Ok??

Ozgur
The Hitec HS8x MG's will work well on ailerons, flaps, rudder and steering.

The T-45 needs flaps maybe for looks only imo, it lands just fine & slow without flaps due to that thick wing !

The elevators need some smaller servos, I have some 9g Futaba servos in there.

The Hitec HS-125 slims will work well for the ailerons, I also like these BlueBird digital ones they look very similar, I bought a bunch:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8957

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idCategory=298

Bluebird servos are generally very good quality, as good if not better than HiTec.

I have no experience with the HET servos, they are probably made by some china outfit and re-labelled as het. Maybe they are fine.

Last edited by Herb; Jul 14, 2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:37 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie-extra View Post
The real shame of the MB-339 is that I only bourght/built it as a trainer to enable me to have more courage to fly the Rafale which to date has only had one flight, which shook me up a bit and not wanting to kill it it has stayed in the hanger ever since
Typically I have gone ahead and built a few more df's and not got back to probably the best one yet.
That is a nice paint scheme !! The Aeronaut Rafale is trickier to set up because of the elevons, and quite a bit faster ! Like most deltas, it is quite sensitive to the correct CG location. Also, the throws have to be setup right otherwise it's a handful

After watching all the dust that had accumulated on mine flying at the field over the weekend, I freshened up the paint a bit with future:

Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:07 PM
Joined Feb 2004
227 Posts
Hi Herb,
With the rafale test flight I was expecting the usuall dip straight after take off even though I let it build a lot of speed but it nearly caught me out. The rest of the flight it was sort of flying me as I was trying hard to catch up with it so to speak. The landing was the easiest part just point it in the right direction and slowly let the speed bleed off holding the nose up.
I was amazed at the trim after the flight there was a good deal of up maybee 5mm in the right elevon and about 3 in the left. I will get round to fly it again but probably not this year to much bulding and testing to do. more photos of the electric only event it was madiened at here,
http://greenacresmac.co.uk/Images/Funflys/e%202009/
A great field as it was a Spitfire base during the war.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 07:38 PM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Mar 2004
1,101 Posts
I have been working all week trying to finish for a contest this weekend.
Cockpit from Hobbyking made to fit.
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Jul 14, 2011, 07:55 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,336 Posts
How did you attach your canopy?
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:54 PM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Mar 2004
1,101 Posts
How did I attach the canopy? I guess you are talking about attaching the finished canopy to the body of the plane

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._10pcsbag.html

In front I used a wood block to hold a wooden dowel 1/8in then glued another block of wood with a 1/8in hole for the dowel to go into. In back I will be using a canopy lock from Hobby-king. Also I did make a frame for inside the canopy to give it some strength - no flexing or vibrating at max. speed. --1/16 by 1/8 plywood for the frame.

One more item-the inside detailed cockpit is glued to the canopy so its all one unit. This way I can remove it and get to the battery without using any tools.
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Last edited by Go4it; Jul 15, 2011 at 12:04 AM.