HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:41 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,091 Posts
It may be 34, but with a good breeze it feels very cold!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:03 PM
Combat: You're doing it wrong.
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Sep 2009
1,831 Posts
I am out for Saturday, and it is killing me. Just finished flying with the boys at Barnes. The air was the best I have seen this year. Caught my first big boy thermal with the Stobel and even out flew Mike for a brief period of time.

Saturday is going to be incredible. I can't wait to see the times you guys are going to post.
chewbaccah is offline Find More Posts by chewbaccah
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:05 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,237 Posts
My making it Saturday will depend on a couple of things. I've got a deadline for my senior project on Sunday and I really want to have 3 planes to take to RR, so I may spend my Saturday either running stress analyses or building DLGs. Hopefully I can get everything out of the way by Friday night and be free to go.
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwill6 View Post
My making it Saturday will depend on a couple of things. I've got a deadline for my senior project on Sunday and I really want to have 3 planes to take to RR, so I may spend my Saturday either running stress analyses or building DLGs. Hopefully I can get everything out of the way by Friday night and be free to go.
If it comes down to skipping a contest to finish a new plane, I would let the plane sit, and make the contest. The education and experience of contest flying will be much more valuable under your belt than having another backup plane, including for your performance at RR. Plus it will be a lot more fun! I advise getting your senior project done by Friday, then fly the contest Saturday. That still leaves you a whole month to finish the other plane for RR.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:16 PM
Joined May 2002
17,091 Posts
I would recomend you screw it all and get drunk Friday night, and then catch a ride to the contest. Its just your future!!!!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3,237 Posts
I hear ya mike. The thing is that I typically only have Saturdays to build or fly because I'm just too busy during the week. My in-laws are taking us on vacation for spring break, so the next two Saturdays are already filled. If I don't take this Saturday to build then I won't have another day to do it before RR. My Mystic I've got now isn't tested enough that I'm 100% confident in it (structurally, that is). So I have kind of have 1.5 planes for RR. I don't want to take two days off school to drive down to st George only to have something happen to my Predator and Mystic in the first or second round and be grounded for the rest of the weekend. Does that make sense?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined May 2002
17,091 Posts
No, that makes no sense. You arent going to break a plane! Probably.....
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,101 Posts
Contest experience is still far more valuable than a 3rd plane, IMHO. Plus, should something happen, most repairs can be made at the field or after hours at a contest. That being said, I also totally understand the desire for a new plane . I just hoping you can be there with us on Saturday.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:05 PM
A different attitude to RC
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,735 Posts
I agree anything can be fixed down at RR. We will help you if need be.
extremewing is offline Find More Posts by extremewing
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:24 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,793 Posts
I'll buy the whiskey... let's roll.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:31 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Finch, you and Citrus get tanked on Friday night... we'll see you on Saturday for the contest
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:55 PM
Joined May 2002
17,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Finch, you and Citrus get tanked on Friday night... we'll see you on Saturday for the contest
So just like any other contest. At least we would get one day of serious flippin in on Friday, since we are having a contest that day!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3,237 Posts
Hopefully I can get enough done to feel comfortable going to the contest. I think if I can find the time to get my wings and tails bagged by Saturday I'll try to make it. Getting the practice would be really nice.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:00 PM
Joined May 2002
17,091 Posts
Throw in a real good chance to beat AD, and your a fool to miss this week!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:02 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
So just like any other contest. At least we would get one day of serious flippin in on Friday, since we are having a contest that day!
Wrong thread, you dope He's not talking about RR, but our local contest this Saturday.