HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2011, 04:46 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Nice try Jon, ain't gonna happen though. I'd leave a lot of things out here before the DLG's.

Wife? Child?
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:04 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,137 Posts
Wives, children, and the childrens children..... and the child that is also his wife.

Oh sorry, I thought that this was the S(WAR)M thread...............
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:24 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingj View Post
Wife? Child?
If it came to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Wives, children, and the childrens children..... and the child that is also his wife.

Oh sorry, I thought that this was the S(WAR)M thread...............
JonBoy, got lost again didn't you. You wandered north of the POM and since there were no border guards today you didn't get your map. This is the gentleman's thread
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:35 PM
Joined May 2002
17,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
If it came to that This is the gentleman's thread
See ya!!!!!!!!!

Un-subscribed........
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:44 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
824 Posts
So, any ideas on my question?... silly-talkers Your opinion's would be appreciated... what RX do you have to spare Jonboy?
Extremeace is offline Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:06 PM
Cottonwood Heights
Joined Jul 2005
168 Posts
I bought a 6255 a week ago from a guy on here that had 3-4 available. $58 shipped. It was new, in the package. Carbon Rx with the longer antenna. I noticed he had a couple.

"boatdoc" was his name.

I thot it was an alright price.
thecirque is offline Find More Posts by thecirque
Last edited by thecirque; Jan 28, 2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Info
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,132 Posts
I'm headed down to Art Dye to deliver Alex's Vandal, and do a little flippin'. Be there about 1:00
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:38 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Wish I could join you guys. Have fun!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:55 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,132 Posts
Had a great time down there with the Rebs today. I guess they are OK dudes after all . Sure is an active group. So many planes in the sky at times I couldn't count. Almost like the uncivil war. One guy flying a B-25 replica lost control on takeoff, veered left and bounced it off the roof of my car before crashing. Just minutes earlier mine and Alex's DLGs had been parked right there, but so many combat planes were raining out of the sky that I decided to put them inside the car for protection. Good call! A total of 8 DLGs were there (Jon L (1), Jon F (1), Adrian (2), Alex (2), and me (2)); plus a couple of Alulas. What a gorgeous day, and beautiful sunset! Warm. Got a sunburn. Lift was good in early afternoon. Died down later, but the DLGs still flew until almost dark. We were the last ones to leave the park, probably because we were having the most fun. We worked on Jon's and Jon's radio programming and flight tuning. Both those guys are launching pretty darn good already, and their planes are flying nicely. Good to see. Alex flew the Vandal while I launched for him. Says his leg will be out of the boot in about a month. Adrian was doing great as usual, and milking the lift. I got Todd ('Wind of Change') to throw and fly the Stobel V2. Jon said I was "administering the crack" . Too bad it was late and no lift at the time. But he did some AULD rounds with Jon L and Adrian, and even won a couple. I think he liked it .
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:44 AM
Joined May 2002
17,137 Posts
Thanks Mike. What a day.

So here is my list of things to do on the TS

#1 Move tail pushrods to the furthest inner hole on servo horn
#2 Figure out how to affect elevator in Launch mode. I can adjust it, but nothing changes.
#3 Fix the battery into position better. It moves a bit and can move a bit back and forth as she sits now.
#4 Practice THROWING!!!!!! I'm a hooker at heart and its gonna be a hard habit to break. I was happy though that Mike was not just launching my plane out of the park, he had a good deal additional height when he threw mine, but not super huge. Maybe he was trying to not make me not feel any worse after he told me I would be in the middle of the pack at a contest............in the Super Seniors Class.

But man what a day. I can see that such minute changes really affect performance on these things and its gonna be some time till I get mine dialed in.

Also great news on the home brew aaa 4 pack. I checked the voltage tonight after having it on for 4 hours today in cold weather. 5.09 volts. That battery is gonna give me several days of flying between charges.

Thanks for making the trip down to Rebel territory today Mike. I thought the background music of props chewing through foam and extreme tape was relaxing to fly by.

Now we just need to get you a combat wing so you can partake.......
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:26 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
From reading through the threads it looks like you all had a great time. Mike glad to see you out "dealing" to the southern boys. I can't wait for St. George, it's going to be a hoot. Looks like the Red Rock challenge is shaping up nicely as well!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:39 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Thanks Mike. What a day.

So here is my list of things to do on the TS

#1 Move tail pushrods to the furthest inner hole on servo horn
#2 Figure out how to affect elevator in Launch mode. I can adjust it, but nothing changes.
#3 Fix the battery into position better. It moves a bit and can move a bit back and forth as she sits now.
#4 Practice THROWING!!!!!! I'm a hooker at heart and its gonna be a hard habit to break. I was happy though that Mike was not just launching my plane out of the park, he had a good deal additional height when he threw mine, but not super huge. Maybe he was trying to not make me not feel any worse after he told me I would be in the middle of the pack at a contest............in the Super Seniors Class.

But man what a day. I can see that such minute changes really affect performance on these things and its gonna be some time till I get mine dialed in.

Also great news on the home brew aaa 4 pack. I checked the voltage tonight after having it on for 4 hours today in cold weather. 5.09 volts. That battery is gonna give me several days of flying between charges.

Thanks for making the trip down to Rebel territory today Mike. I thought the background music of props chewing through foam and extreme tape was relaxing to fly by.

Now we just need to get you a combat wing so you can partake.......
Radio tuning is one of the hardest parts for me. The other day at Gena park had to change some settings after putting the receiver back in the LightHawk. Turns out that I swapped the leads around on the aileron servos. This is the best thing that could have happened. I get much better throws now, and it's flying like the day I test flew it in Colorado, before my radio was involved.

I'll take a look at my settings for launch mode to see if I can assist you there.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:30 PM
Joined May 2002
17,137 Posts
Hey guys I am going to replace the HS-55's in my DLG. I can see the resolution is just not there and it will really help me if I am not always fighting the tail servos every few flights.

So I have a coupon to Tower I would like to use, what servos from there should I get that arent the gold standard, but a big improvement over the HS-55's?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:38 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Good question. I'm not sure about the Futaba standard in DLG. I don't know if anyone is using or having luck with the Hitec HS 45s.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:41 PM
Joined May 2002
17,137 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1657607

The last 2 servos both look real good.