HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:18 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,025 Posts
Jim it was painfully obvious you are light years ahead of me on DLG'ing. You looked pretty smooth out there. Thanks for making the trek down from Yankeeville to fly with us. That was a hoot!!!!!!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:27 PM
Cottonwood Heights
Joined Jul 2005
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
5 flippers 1 lurker today. Not too bad for a little doins!!!!
I'll assume that I was the "lurker" referenced above. I appreciate you guys humoring me and my questions. Lots of good info.

I'll be back with a plane in hand shortly.
thecirque is offline Find More Posts by thecirque
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:48 PM
Joined May 2002
17,025 Posts
Lurker!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to have you out. Thats a sweet little park!!!!!!!!! Once it gets warm it will be a disaster, but for now its great.

Hope we didnt scare you off, I will apologize for the other guys as they are just all going through some "Issues" and can seem a "Little" off.........

Get that Blaster done and come flip with us.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:09 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
...Jon, you're doing quite well with that glider, just got to work on that hook...
Hooked launches are about 90% caused by a late release, holding on to the peg/blade too long. Keep a fairly level swing plane, throw straight ahead at a spot just slightly above the horizon (not "up" too much), and try releasing a little before you think you should. Timing is everything. I know because I have a mad hook myself unless I really concentrate hard on doing this. So much easier said than done. Jeremy has the nicest straightest launch.

Yes, you need to get out there mid-day when when the sun is strong and thermals are popping. When are you guys flying again down there? I'm hoping to meet up somewhere on Friday and/or Saturday, hopefully somewhere with strong sun and no fog/haze to kill the surface warming.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:12 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,694 Posts
It ain't a late release... he just throws like a girl. A French girl at that!
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:22 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
815 Posts
9303 of love has arrived!
Extremeace is offline Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Jan 27, 2011, 03:29 PM
Joined May 2002
17,025 Posts
SWEET. I can help you through the programming now that I have a real setup on my 9303. Would be much easier w/ the 9303 cable. I think Jeff has one down here we could borrow to do the DLG of Love setup transfer.

So let me know if you are coming down Saturday, or if you still have to go club baby seals in the artic this weekend we could do it next week.

ALSO

Let the record show Alex now has all the DLG DVD's and has had them for 2 weeks.

So Mike you know where to look for them.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 03:38 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
815 Posts
Quote:
SWEET. I can help you through the programming now that I have a real setup on my 9303. Would be much easier w/ the 9303 cable. I think Jeff has one down here we could borrow to do the DLG of Love setup transfer.

So let me know if you are coming down Saturday, or if you still have to go club baby seals in the artic this weekend we could do it next week.

ALSO

Let the record show Alex now has all the DLG DVD's and has had them for 2 weeks.

So Mike you know where to look for them.
Well... actually AD has a couple, he wouldn't let me take them ALL home, but I've traded off with him and have almost watched all of them. Personally I didn't think they were THAT bad. Well... except for the radio programming one, that put me right to bed! Jon, if we can get Mike to bring my Vandal down. Then I won't have to travel to the Artic.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 03:51 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,064 Posts
I forgot that I still have one of the best DLG DVD's of the bunch here at home. It somehow didn't make it into that lending box. It is older, but not nearly as boring as the others. Has more time in the field, launching instruction, actual flying in thermals, etc. I will hand it over next time we meet if anybody wants to watch it.

So where are we flying tomorrow and Saturday?
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:22 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Id like to snag it from you first if I may???
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:52 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Jim it was painfully obvious you are light years ahead of me on DLG'ing. You looked pretty smooth out there. Thanks for making the trek down from Yankeeville to fly with us. That was a hoot!!!!!!
In all actuality I'm a LightHawk ahead of you , but that can easily be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
It ain't a late release... he just throws like a girl. A French girl at that!
Yes, and then there's that maid outfit, somethings just not right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecirque View Post
I'll assume that I was the "lurker" referenced above. I appreciate you guys humoring me and my questions. Lots of good info.

I'll be back with a plane in hand shortly.
It was good to meet you Mike, looking forward to seeing your Blaster up in the air. Hopefully you're still not thinking of sending the Blaster on it's way. Fly it a bit first then see if you still think you need to start with a bagged wing.

Quote:
You know you can use any audio cable with a headphone plug on each end, it doesn't have to be anything special.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:53 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Mike, may I borrow it after Jeremy...?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 07:15 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
815 Posts
Guess what AD finally fixed? (One of Mike's favorite phrases).... BLASTER BOOM!!!!! AND... I need help finding an AR6255, some dude's is out, MRS is out, West Valley is out..... ARRRRG! Must program and fly VANDAL!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 08:45 PM
Joined May 2002
17,025 Posts
You Alex, I have a 72 rx and module if its killing you not to fly. It will be hard to find that rx locally. Edit "Impossible" to find.

Now that you have a real radio you can swap modules.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:16 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
I put some time in on the lefty conversion for my Salonit. The rudder now springs the right way, the control horn is on the correct side, and it's been strung to the rudder servo. I'm just waiting on a receiver now.

I went ahead and ordered one from the site Jon linked a couple days ago, so with any luck it'll be here tomorrow. I still have one on order from HC, but I hear they are sending shipments by alpaca through the Alps. It never hurts to have a spare right?

I had been putting off this conversion, thinking that I would try throwing right handed... well I appreciate that none of the guys mentioned my attempt from last night. It was pathetic. Once I get the peg in, I'll be ready to maiden.