I'll plan on Barnes too.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:25 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,051 Posts
Sadness...... Barnes is a long ways away...
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:17 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Wow! What a glorious day. It is shirtsleeve weather in Alpine. I went out and flew and had to take my sweater off. I bet you guys found out the same thing I did. That what was powder yesterday is crusted over today.

I flew my Vandal, a plane I really enjoy flying. I flew it for about 30 minutes. Then I flew the Polaris. Yep, I like the Polaris a lot. I still enjoy my Vandal, but the Polaris is super.

At first there was just a light breeze from the south west. After a while there were a few bumps. Then just after noon I started getting lift and the Polaris was like, "You just point me in the right direction and I will do the rest!" That was fun.
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined May 2002
17,051 Posts
1,2,3,4. Yep the winner here, will win the contest. At least thats my forecast!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:27 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,228 Posts
All day I've been looking outside and seeing the beautiful sun shining and wishing I'd brought a DLG up to campus with me so I could fly during my breaks. Alas, it is not so. Glad to hear others are making good use of this beautiful day.
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:54 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
We found zero workable lift at Barnes today, but there were 3 guys chucking gliders when I pulled into the parking lot. It felt good to do some flying, but I found that my plane was way out of trim .

Gorgeous day for sure, and Mike's new LL Polaris is schweet ... except I got the first win over it , eat your heart out boys.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:55 PM
Joined May 2002
17,051 Posts
I hate Mike..........
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwill6 View Post
All day I've been looking outside and seeing the beautiful sun shining and wishing I'd brought a DLG up to campus with me so I could fly during my breaks. Alas, it is not so. Glad to hear others are making good use of this beautiful day.
Jim, Dick, Ken, and I made use of it today. Lovely! First time I've felt 40 degrees since last October (or somewhere around there ). And sunshine! Snow was deep at Barnes. Lots of melting going on today though. Dick was the only one who actually ventured out in it, to maiden his new Fr3aK. The rest of us flew from the parking lot blacktop which was clear. Just had to do final approach over the 5' tall plow stacks surrounding the lot. Jim and I had a few good AULD rounds. Not much lift though. Don't think I ever got a 3:00. But it was a joy to get out.

See you all tomorrow!
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joined May 2002
17,051 Posts
So there was really no lift? I am hopefull that a very cold tonight will kick up some real lift for tomorrow as it warms. But like always, you wont know till you throw!

Cant wait for what could be our biggest contest yet! And PS, thanks to our club pres for taking care of all the details for tomorrow!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:41 PM
Combat: You're doing it wrong.
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Sep 2009
1,819 Posts
There was lift out at Barnes, but it wasn't easy to find it. It astounded me to see how high Mike could launch his new Polaris, and if floats beautifully too. I think he is going to be the guy to beat tomorrow.
chewbaccah is online now Find More Posts by chewbaccah
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:59 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,228 Posts
Isn't he ALWAYS the guy to beat?
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:59 PM
Joined May 2002
17,051 Posts
FYI, Mike is ALWAYS the guy to beat...........

Ergo....................
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:14 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,075 Posts
Not anymore...

There are at least 2 other local guys now (the Jon/Jon twins) that whoop me on a regular basis, and have me scratching for every little competitive edge I can find. It's costing me a lot of money!

I'll tell you what though, it might be near impossible to keep that UDLG title this year, that's for sure. Gonna be a battle!

Love it!
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:20 PM
A different attitude to RC
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Pity that Adrian character is lagging behind!
extremewing is online now Find More Posts by extremewing
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:43 PM
Joined May 2002
17,051 Posts
It does cause me to shed a tear on occasion. But all I have to do to beat you is get you to think about changing the app in some little way and BOOM, you quit flying as well, and I beat you. Its a brilliant plan, and why T.B. and I have been working on a plan for TGHPOUDLG. Ohhh yes, the plan is just about ready to roll out!