SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2011, 01:54 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
3,208 Posts
They get paid well for those forecasts too.
gopherhunter is offline Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:16 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,877 Posts
burrr... I couldn't stand it and went out at lunch for a few flips. 20 minutes and my shoulders were white with snow, fingers numb, but my elevator to flap mixing is now spot on! She drops out of the sky like leaf now.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:41 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
burrr... I couldn't stand it and went out at lunch for a few flips. 20 minutes and my shoulders were white with snow, fingers numb, but my elevator to flap mixing is now spot on! She drops out of the sky like leaf now.
BRRR is right! is it time to go to St.George yet? Good job on trimming your Blaster Finch! Did we ever get a count of how many DLG pilots ARE goin south next month?
Extremeace is offline Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:33 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,138 Posts
Here's what I know so far. This is for the annual St. George "President's Day" fly-in Feb 25-27, not our full-day Spring Break contest down there on March 19.

GOING: Me, Jim, Alex, Adrian, Jon L, Sam (already there), Mike N

WONDERING: Jeremy, Greg, Jake, Matt, Jon F, Nate, Brian (new guy with Salonit). Let us hear from you!

I am still planning on having the DLG get-together and mini contest at the Turner Turf Farm on either Friday or Sunday of that weekend. I'm bringing the PA system and other contest equipment. We will fly and score several tasks. The more guys we have the better!

Mike
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Last edited by like.2.fly; Jan 26, 2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 07:29 PM
Cottonwood Heights
Joined Jul 2005
168 Posts
Me and my Blaster2 will be in StGeorge for a soccer tourney with the kids. Hoping to figure out how to pack it safely so I can get some pointers from all you die-hards!

My problem is that im about as green as it gets on this whole dlg thing. I was hoping that once I get my bird programmed on the radio to the best of my ability, I could get one of you guys to throw it and make sure it's air worthy. Don't know if a contest environment is the place for that.

I'm swapping from nimh battery to LiPo. I've been waiting for a voltage regulator to show up in the mail. Hopefully soon.

Mike N.
thecirque is offline Find More Posts by thecirque
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:22 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,159 Posts
My eyes feel much better now.

Had a few fantastic flights and we did a few AULD and just had an all around good time considering our trace of snow and temps in the 40's were apperently a forcast for Tulsa, not SLC. Silly weather dudes!!!!

A little A.D.D. gathering with A.D. & Finch @ A.D (5 min 44 sec)

PS. Heard from a real weatherman who works for NOAA that weather can be predicted 4 days in advance, sometimes!!!!!!!

Also I gave Lane Beattie a cough drop today. That doesnt happen alot....
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:23 PM
Joined May 2002
17,159 Posts
My eyes are itching just a touch. The remedy may be found at Galena Park tomorrow @ 4:00 ish.....
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:28 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecirque View Post
Me and my Blaster2 will be in StGeorge for a soccer tourney with the kids. Hoping to figure out how to pack it safely so I can get some pointers from all you die-hards!

My problem is that im about as green as it gets on this whole dlg thing. I was hoping that once I get my bird programmed on the radio to the best of my ability, I could get one of you guys to throw it and make sure it's air worthy. Don't know if a contest environment is the place for that.

I'm swapping from nimh battery to LiPo. I've been waiting for a voltage regulator to show up in the mail. Hopefully soon.

Mike N.
We'll be glad to help you out. There are only a 3 of us going to St. George next month (confirmed anyway) that have ever flown in a contest environment. We really just want to start introducing tasks, so that it's not so foreign to everyone in March. Looking forward to meeting up with you.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:31 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
825 Posts
JONBOYDAMAN, you crack me up! Glad someone got to fly!
Mike B2, I live in the cottonwood area too (bet you knew that). I'd be happy to take a look at your bird. Even though I am one of the greener DLG pilots in the group, I have been playing with R.C. "toys" for over 20 years. If you throw it, I'll even get 'er trimmed up for you! I'm sure anyone in the group would be more than happy to help. That is one thing that will never change, our group ROCKS!
ALSO.. new radio should be here thurs! Can I borrow someone's throwing arm this weekend? I've got no work this weekend, so weather permitting I'd like to fly!
Last edited by Extremeace; Jan 25, 2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:40 PM
Joined May 2002
17,159 Posts
I can fly late PM Saturday and will plan on being @ AD with all the other hooligans.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
I can fly late PM Saturday and will plan on being @ AD with all the other hooligans.
If Mike (up north Mike) can play, I might go up there to get a peek the Vandal, and MAYBE the Raptr (if it's still around). I'd love to get a hands on "look", and maybe a test flight or 2, so I can decide which bird I'll "adopt".

Otherwise if we go to A.D. (Maybe we could get the gang to come down there), I'll be club president, and bring some Little Caesars!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:15 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
825 Posts
[QUOTE=Fishjunky;17214474] There are only a 3 of us going to St. George next month[QUOTE]
Wait a tick... Per Master Mike's previous post, looks like 5 of us. Eh?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:48 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Ace, you're takin' it outa context. Feelin' left out again?

I just said of those of us going down, only 3 have flown a DLG contest. I could be wrong though.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:49 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Looks like we'll be Adding another DLGer to the mix. The Raptr is sold.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:59 PM
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Ace, you're takin' it outa context. Feelin' left out again?

I just said of those of us going down, only 3 have flown a DLG contest. I could be wrong though.
Ah... Gotcha...i seem to have a problem reading entire posts, or reading them too fast.
Last edited by Extremeace; Jan 25, 2011 at 11:56 PM.