HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:49 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,663 Posts
Do Colorado guys come to Red Rockz???? I am not sure there are even DLG flippers over in Colorado anymore.........

But seriously, I had forgotten how long of a drive it is for those guys to come from Denver to St George. SLC is closer than the George.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:58 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboylemon View Post
friday saturday!!!!!! Yes please.
..... +1
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:59 AM
Joined Jan 2008
4,193 Posts
You can't keep me away! Any weekend (except Easter), and I'll be there. If it's a Friday/Saturday, I'll be there, too.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:29 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,663 Posts
If we did a Friday/Saturday, would it be better for the "Out of towners" to have a bit later start on Friday?? Say start @ 10:00 and fly till 5:30 or so, and still get a bunch of rounds in, but maybe open up the option for an early start from home Friday morning for people who are kindof close????

Funny thing is that we are holding a contest, in a city w/o a flipper w/in a few hundred miles!!!!!

Just wondering as for the SL guys alot of us could leave home @ 5:00 AM Friday morning and be ready to fly @ 9:00 ish. That would be a $ saver on lodging, and it would get most of us only out of the home for 2 days as we could leave at any time Saturday night after dark and still make it home late Saturday night.

Just wondrin.....

What say ye fellow flippers?????? Throw stuff out and lets just see what sticks.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:59 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,294 Posts
Regardless of whether we have a Friday or Saturday start, I vote for an early start.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:25 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,069 Posts
I kinda like the idea of only having to stay one night in St. George. Much easier on the budget. I'd have to leave mighty early Friday morning to make it happen, though, even if we started at 10.
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:25 AM
Joined Jan 2008
4,193 Posts
Early start or late - I'll still have to travel Thursday for a Fri/Sat meet.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:28 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,069 Posts
Currently 3 degrees F up here According to Yahoo the low today is -17!
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,787 Posts
Friday the 29th sunset is at 7:53 PM. I agree with Jon that we could start late on Friday morning (10:00 or 11:00 AM) and fly late (even 6:00 or 7:00 PM if necessary), and go straight through with a minimal (or no) official lunch break. Then we could start early on Saturday (sunrise is 7:23 AM), have a regular full day, and all be on our way home by mid afternoon. Everyone could be home Saturday night and still have Easter Sunday with the family. Same goes for any other weekend we may select, if the Easter weekend is still an issue for some.

If you would NOT attend because of a Fri/Sat schedule then please speak up here. Especially the out of state guys. Every vote counts. I don't want to do it if it decreases attendance. But otherwise I would love to give it a try. I think Red Rock would be the best place to experiment with this to see how it works.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:13 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,787 Posts
I just created the Red Rock 2013 contest thread (HERE). Left the dates tentative for now.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:28 AM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
I just created the Red Rock 2013 contest thread (HERE). Left the dates tentative for now.
I like the scheduled date. A good alternative would be one or two weekends after Easter, unless that's getting to close to Poway. May not matter, since I believe that several AZ DLG'ers don't plan to attend the IHLGF due to the field and other environmental issues.

BavarianCharles is offline Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:36 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,294 Posts
I'm still voting for an early start on both days. I wouldn't mind flying til dusk on the first day too. The more rounds the better!
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:45 PM
ASK
Espanola, NM USA
Joined Jul 2002
2,819 Posts
I may or may not be able to attend Red Rocks—my schedule is still forming up, and the building angels are racing around the shop, asking for my time too .

Fri–Sat is okay by me, any time of year.

Aradhana Singh
ASK is offline Find More Posts by ASK
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:59 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,211 Posts
I won't know about my Sched until the 20th of the preceding month but my chances of attending on any weekend near a holiday is greatly reduced. The senior guys usually get those first. Middle of the week would be best for me.

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:10 PM
are we there yet?
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined May 2004
1,207 Posts
Personally I prefer Saturday Sunday so I don't have to miss any work. It is harder for me to get days off work for a Friday Saturday contest but I do like the idea. if that is what people want I will make it happen.
Alan C is offline Find More Posts by Alan C
RCG Plus Member