HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Ummm, wow!!!!!!! Thanks to those guys who are not locals kickin in for the Christmas Fund for the FARM!!!!!! This was not a fund raiser for the farm or anything other than just a great jesture, so thanks for making the gesture bigger! Totally not expected that anyone other than locals chip in. But to those who have and have done so generously. THANKS!!!!!! You guys ROCK!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:09 AM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
6Killer is offline Find More Posts by 6Killer
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:11 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
In the December's Gray Skies Over Utah (This year) contest, I will bring the stew. Or we could all meet at Chuch-O-Rama and watch F3K Master #3 CD & Secrets of Thermal Soaring
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:29 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger Rash View Post
...The question is will we be having a local contest on those months when there are big contests out of state? Some times you guys come back pretty tired from taking all those folks trophies. If we do have a local contest those months, (when those schedules come out) we will probably need to shift a few of our plans around. Of course, our Red Rocks and Blue Skies will probably serve as our monthly contests unless it is felt we need a contest a week before to brush up or something.
Looks good, Jim. We'll presume the dates and locations to be somewhat tentative and flexible. We usually try to have our monthlies on the 4th Saturday, or the one following if necessary. For 2013 that would be:
Jan 26
Feb 23
Mar (Red Rock - Mar 30-31)
Apr 15 or 27 (depends on IHLGF date)
May 25
Jun 22
Jul (BSoNM - ?)
Aug (BSoCO - ?)
Sep (BSoUT Sept 14-15)
Oct 26
Nov 16 or 30 (to avoid Thanksgiving weekend)
Dec 28

Last year we didn't have local contests in June or July due to BSoCO, BSoNM, plus busy summer family schedules. We also counted Red Rock and BSoUT as local contests since they were in state. All the other months we had a local event. I think that worked out well for us.

We might want to have BSoUT on Sept 14-15 to avoid conflict with the fall sWARm, which I think will be on the 21st.

I'd really like to have at least one of our summer monthlies next year up at the Wolf Creek field, since the owners have said we could. Then have a family BBQ at my house after (or even at the field as there are grills & tables at the pavilion there). But we'll have to see how the Blue Skies schedule pans out first. We can maybe do that on the month that BSoCO isn't scheduled for. They were June this year, but might move back to August next year. So one of those two...

I like "Gray Skies over Utah" in December...

Looking forward to the 2013 season!
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:52 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,544 Posts
I thought we were trying for 3rd Saturday
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
I dont have a Scout Campout this month, so my 3rd weekend is open for December.
That would be the 15th. Shall we just make it so?

Bottom line is, barring TGHPOUDLG getting his scores thrown out for the year for unsportsman like conduct, "Which seems very possible with his attitude" not even #11 can beat him. So its really just going to be more of the "Mike is awesome show, and let me count the ways I hate him" and the rest of us suck. But I am ok with that.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:41 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
I thought we were trying for 3rd Saturday
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
I dont have a Scout Campout this month, so my 3rd weekend is open for December.
That would be the 15th. Shall we just make it so?
This is why I thought we were aiming for 4th Saturdays, because of LeMon's scout camps always being on the 3rd weekend.

I'm good for the 2012 finale Dec. 15 or 29. Jim A., make it happen!

Quote:
...Bottom line is, barring TGHPOUDLG getting his scores thrown out for the year for unsportsman like conduct, "Which seems very possible with his attitude" not even #11 can beat him. So its really just going to be more of the "Mike is awesome show, and let me count the ways I hate him" and the rest of us suck. But I am ok with that.
Ummm, okay...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:09 PM
I sink, therefore I am...
United States, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Jun 2009
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
I was sad to learn today that Sam has moved and now resides and works in Fort Collins, CO. Oh well, if you can't live and fly in UT then CO is the next best place. Our loss is their gain. But at least we'll hopefully continue seeing Sam at the regional events, and hopefully he can pass on the sod farm contact info to one of us so we can keep that good relationship going. We'll have to do it from afar though, since we no longer have a local flipper in St. George. Good luck Sam! We wish you all the best, and thanks for all you've done for Utah DLG.
Mike, thanks for the well wishes. I will pass on the contact info by e-mail/PM so you can stay in contact with the sod farm. I was successful in getting a couple of other glider pilots together and think they will continue to fly at the sod farm. Both are flying larger stuff (Radian - 3+ meter stuff). No other DLGr's yet. Anyway, I think they will keep up the good relations with the sod farm owner. They should be able to give you eyes on support about the condition of the farm. I'll contact them and, if they're willing, pass on the contact info.

Look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Sam
espe is offline Find More Posts by espe
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:23 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,544 Posts
Quote:

Bottom line is, barring TGHPOUDLG getting his scores thrown out for the year for unsportsman like conduct, "Which seems very possible with his attitude" not even #11 can beat him. So its really just going to be more of the "Mike is awesome show, and let me count the ways I hate him" and the rest of us suck. But I am ok with that.
Yes, Mike will be king of Utah DLG this year... but January starts with a clean slate!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
Yes, Mike will be king of Utah DLG this year... but January starts with a clean slate!

I also have a "Strategy" on how to make it a little harder for him next year!

Do you still have the #7 treble hooks, 50’ of 3/8” surgical tubing, and Red Devil turpentine????

Lets talk.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Quote:
I love Mike, and only want the best for him.....
Whoops, that was supposed to be a PM!
Last edited by JONBOYLEMON; Dec 06, 2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Edited for public viewing.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:40 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
This is why I thought we were aiming for 4th Saturdays, because of LeMon's scout camps always being on the 3rd weekend.

I'm good for the 2012 finale Dec. 15 or 29. Jim A., make it happen!

I'll be out of town, in Beautiful Downtown Cleveland on the 15th, but I'm game for the 29th. If we can have the contest that day, I'll make it happen.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,166 Posts
I'm probably out for a December contest no matter when it is.
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:21 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,544 Posts
29th is probabaly ok with me.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined May 2002