SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:22 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,135 Posts
Yeah, thats not what it would have looked like with our 3 boys if someone had taken a picture!

But back to the story, how has the Pimp been????
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined May 2002
17,135 Posts
Um, yeah, my boys almost made at least one of them look nice. Oh well, they had fun.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:09 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,244 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about, Jon, because those are some pretty good looking gingerbread houses by my standards. Yeah, even the one in the back looks better than anything I've ever made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Oh well, they had fun.
And that's all that really matters
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:54 PM
Flying the point of the mtn.
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
470 Posts
The Pimp has been busy. That's for sure. I'm making some changes to free up some time though. I need to be making more Gingerbread houses. Looks like one of your boys is about to "blow" the gingerbread house down. Boys are just fun.
bchristensen is offline Find More Posts by bchristensen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Videos
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined May 2002
17,135 Posts
Well I got my Virgin Mobile HTC phone today and installed F3K master in it.

It is now the perfect device!!!!! Light, Fast, and sexy!

Anyone want a Droid 2 on Verizon for cheap? Its going to KSL now but if I could cover my cost on the HTC I would be happy.

Also, I got some uni from Finch tonight and the V3 will be fully resurrected in the next few days! I am optimistic that it will look as good as new. Crossing fingers.

Glad to hear the Pimp has been busy. Its that time of year again when there are lots of stockings to fill, which means the pimp gets no relief till after new years! Pimpin aint easy, and never will be.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:10 AM
Joined May 2002
17,135 Posts
PS. Anyone have some real life experience changing jobs and what to make sure occurs before and after a change? Just wonderin as opportunities exist and I have been in the current place for 16 years and I I have some equity / ownership and there would be some ugliness to my departure, but the construction industry is not exactly booming right now and change could be good.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:15 AM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,384 Posts
Can your eyes handle a new workplace?
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:47 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Jon - On the job change - wait till after Dec 21, 2012 You never know. Those wacko's may just be right. We could get hit by a big assdroid or a Virgin Mobile HTC.
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Last edited by Hanger Rash; Dec 05, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:27 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,201 Posts
Assdroid...

Hahahahahahahaha"

Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger Rash View Post
Jon - On the job change - wait till after Dec 21, 2012 You never know. Those wacko's may just be right. We could get hit by a big assdroid or a Virgin Mobile HTC.
jcats is offline Find More Posts by jcats
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:07 PM
Joined May 2002
17,135 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6684

Hey kids, I know money is tight like a dish, but open up your wallets and send in some love!

Its our way to say thanks for the free and easy use of the best field in the country.

PS, if you have to, use your wifes paypal.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:02 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,131 Posts
I just sent $75 that I had been saving from BSoUT for this very purpose. Utah DLG wants to say thanks to the Vineyard sod farm for letting us fly and compete there. I still think it's the best F3K contest venue in the USA, and perhaps the world. I encourage everyone to give a little more as well to let them know how much the DLG guys appreciate it. We are really lucky to have access to that place.
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:42 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,131 Posts
It's about time to start planning for Utah Red Rock F3K Challenge 2013 in St. George! I've been looking at the calendar and talking with Sam. We think March 30-31 sounds pretty good, and he is going to contact Turner Turf to try and secure the farm for that date. Second and third choices will be March 23-24 or April 6-7. Once we have the field for sure then we can proceed with the rest of the plans.

I was sad to learn today that Sam has moved and now resides and works in Fort Collins, CO. Oh well, if you can't live and fly in UT then CO is the next best place. Our loss is their gain. But at least we'll hopefully continue seeing Sam at the regional events, and hopefully he can pass on the sod farm contact info to one of us so we can keep that good relationship going. We'll have to do it from afar though, since we no longer have a local flipper in St. George. Good luck Sam! We wish you all the best, and thanks for all you've done for Utah DLG.

Let's start drumming up support and getting excited for Red Rock, and making some plans. Your thoughts and comments appreciated.

Mike
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:43 AM
Joined May 2002
17,135 Posts
Stobel Nose reconstruction surgery went great. Just took the bandages off the patient and she looks HOT!!!!! Not perfect, but almost as good as stock Stobel fuse quality!

So I went ahead and mixed up some more epoxy and cut some Kevlar and I am now making a new hatch for the girl, since somehow the old one burned up!!!!!!

I am hopeful my method for the hatch construction works out perfect. We will see how she looks in the morning!

Good Night kids.

PS, Yippie RED ROCKZ!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:36 AM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
I found an dusted off an old schedule and changed the dates to propose for 2013:

January 19th (You guys will probably be too tired so close to the JEM)
Salt Lake County
(Consider the JEM Jan 14-15, Long Beach CA.)

February 16th
Weber/Davis County

March 23 - 24 or 30 - 31
Red Rocks in St. George

APRIL 20th
Utah County
(consider IHLGF in Poway CA, Apr or May ???)

MAY 18th
Salt Lake County
(consider IHLGF in Poway CA, Apr – May ???)

JUNE 15th
Weber/Davis County

JULY 20th
Utah County
(consider Blue Skies over New Mexico, July ??)

AUGUST 17th
Salt Lake County
(consider Blue Skies over Colorado, Aug ??)

SEPTEMBER
(consider Blue Skies over Utah, Sept 21 -22)

OCTOBER 19th
Utah County

NOVEMBER 16th or 30th (after Thanks Giving if global worming holds; or both 16th and 30th )
Salt Lake County
(consider Blue Skies over Arizona, Nov ??)

DECEMBER 21st (Fat chance)
Weber/Davis County
Gray Skies Over Utah

The question is will we be having a local contest on those months when there are big contests out of state? Some times you guys come back pretty tired from taking all those folks trophies. If we do have a local contest those months, (when those schedules come out) we will probably need to shift a few of our plans around. Of course, our Red Rocks and Blue Skies will probably serve as our monthly contests unless it is felt we need a contest a week before to brush up or something.
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Last edited by Hanger Rash; Dec 06, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined May 2002
17,135 Posts
Thanks Jim for getting this rolling.

The Kevlar canopy is Da Bomb!!!!! Not sure how I got so lucky on my first one, but it is PERFECT!!!!! Now to pretty up the nose after a little sanding and then its time to install electronics and finally get her flying!

I can see why you guys can get into making your own stuff! Luckily, I realize I am .0076% of the way there to making a wing, so its not a temptation!