SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,981 Posts
B, do you want to try for AD tomorrow afternoon?

Pending Larry Quote.....
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:21 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,634 Posts
Here's a very short excerpt from that video I posted a couple days ago. I'm still learning how to get stuff slowed down (and sped up), but I kind of like this...

Messing Around with Slow Mo (0 min 17 sec)

I'm thinking I'll be flying tomorrow at lunch too, but no AD... AD after work?
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:43 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,981 Posts
AD after work sounds good.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:04 PM
Team ATX Pilot
Phx. Az.
Joined Nov 2004
1,311 Posts
What editing software are you using finch?
dbone is offline Find More Posts by dbone
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:09 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
Here's a very short excerpt from that video I posted a couple days ago. I'm still learning how to get stuff slowed down (and sped up), but I kind of like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5IszCt2Z-4
Cool. Must have filmed at a pretty high frame rate.
Did you notice your thumb pulling a little down flaps during that launch?
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:09 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,634 Posts
After Effects and Twixtor to get the slow motion then Premiere Pro to add some color correction and music... there's a pretty steep learning curve, but I'm having a blast learning how use this stuff!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:10 PM
Team ATX Pilot
Phx. Az.
Joined Nov 2004
1,311 Posts
Nice catch, that will cost you.
dbone is offline Find More Posts by dbone
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:13 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
Cool. Must have filmed at a pretty high frame rate.
Did you notice your thumb pulling a little down flaps during that launch?
That's GoPro 720i 60 fps. Twixtor "changed" it to 600 fps .

Yeah I noticed that too when I watched the vid. I don't think I've ever noticed it on a launch though. I do have a small dead band on the flap stick up there at the top end which helps.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:30 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,212 Posts
I'm at my parents' in Murray, so no AD for me tomorrow. I'm thinking about trying out Murray park tomorrow since it's got quite a bit of space. I really need to get some practice before the contest. I think it's been almost 2 weeks since I last flew.
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:37 AM
Milton Keynes, UK
Joined Oct 2005
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
I agree with Jim, and would spend my money on a Fr3aK horizontal. I do really like the Swindell vert, but the horiz is high aspect ratio and seems a bit flimsy, especially in the mounting area. They work fine, but I think most of the launch gains reported from Swindell upgrades come from the vert, not the horiz. Nothing wrong with the stock Stobel horiz, but it will probably take lots of time and money to get a replacement. The Fr3aK tails are every bit as nice (maybe better), made in the USA, cost less, and are easier to get.
We have taken into account some customers feedback about hard points on our horiz. All elevators now have 2x 6mm diameter hardpoint (one just in front of the foward spar centered 17mm from the LE, the other just behind the rear spar centered at 38mm from the LE.

Once we remove the parts from the mold we are putting them back on the CNC to drill the hardpoints.

We have also have a new pylon that matches our elevator and can be mounted on a huge variety of booms.

Although I have never recieved any report of a failure of one of our horiz parts (and we log many launches over 230ft), we are always happy to try and accomodate customer requests and anyone who requires additional stiffness to the parts, just mail us with your order and request that the spars be capped with texero spread-tow

Richard
Richard S is offline Find More Posts by Richard S
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:52 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,634 Posts
That's great news Richard! I love the Swindel tails on my Stobel V2!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:56 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,634 Posts
Matrix is generated and score cards are printed. I included two guests so don't hesitate to sneak away from whatever it is you're doing tomorrow, Lemon . See everyone tomorrow morning. I will be starting at 10 am sharp! Adrian, Russ and I are in the first heat.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:18 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard S View Post
We have taken into account some customers feedback about hard points on our horiz. All elevators now have 2x 6mm diameter hardpoint (one just in front of the foward spar centered 17mm from the LE, the other just behind the rear spar centered at 38mm from the LE.

Once we remove the parts from the mold we are putting them back on the CNC to drill the hardpoints.

We have also have a new pylon that matches our elevator and can be mounted on a huge variety of booms.

Although I have never recieved any report of a failure of one of our horiz parts (and we log many launches over 230ft), we are always happy to try and accomodate customer requests and anyone who requires additional stiffness to the parts, just mail us with your order and request that the spars be capped with texero spread-tow

Richard
Hi Richard. I didn't know you read our little thread here! I have multiple sets of your tails and really like them. That's great to hear about the hard points. You make a fantastic product, which is now even better. Thanks! Now if you would just move here, or at least jump across the pond to visit and fly with us...
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:57 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,634 Posts
Anybody flying at lunch?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:09 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Possibly @ Barnes. I need to make sure I know how to fly still...

Looks like it's going to take me 1.75 hours to get to Alpine from the campout. Don't look for me to be much earlier than 9:59am
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky