Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:10 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwill6 View Post
Well that's not very nice
I wasnt sayin it to be mean. Just an observation.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,167 Posts
I think you should drive up here, apologize, and go flying with me.
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:55 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
Well the coug's are only a little less sucky than the Aggies
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3,167 Posts
Mystic is about 70 ft high in a tree. I can't throw shoes that high to knock it down and the tree is pretty unclimbable. Any ideas that don't involve paying $100 for somebody with a bucket lift to get it for me?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:11 PM
Never enough time to fly!
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,434 Posts
For Sale

I know this is not the "For Sale" thread, but I wanted to direct this the the DLGer's.
While I was trying to be a DLGer too, I bought some things I was going to need.
Sirius Charge 200 from Peak Electronics - Jun recommended it to me to charge metal hydride batteries. Plug a 2200 3S lipo in one side and charge the flight battery on the other. I put a Deans connector on it but never used it.
I have three Futaba receivers - one R617FS (brand new) and two R6208SB's. (One brand new and one installed in my plane and flown twice. Its out of the case and shrink wrapped but could be put back in the case easily).The receivers are sold, thanks.
I also have a bunch of wire - 020, 022, 024 and 026. I have both music wire and stainless wire.
I will make any of you guys a great deal on any or all of it. You guys from out of Utah, great deal for you too.
Evan
ecase is offline Find More Posts by ecase
Last edited by ecase; Oct 08, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:50 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,627 Posts
Jun, Mike, George and myself are all going to donate one of our DLG’s after the 2013 World DLG competition is over to help get the raffle sales rolling. Jun is pretty sure he will be donating a Stoble-V3. Mike is offering whichever Concept X2 or X3 has the least wear and tear in his collection. George and I will both be donating a Concept also. I am not sure if George will be donating an X2 or an X3 but I do know that I will be donating an X2. It is important to point out that all of these DLG’s will be used and they may or may not be in “like new” condition. All of these will have made the trip to Denmark and back and will all (with the possible exception of mine which actually made the trip to Sweden in 2011) very likely have been flown in the competition. The radio's will not be included (the exception here is that Mike will include the Spektrum receiver if the winner is planning to use a Spektrum radio) Mike will also give the model program to the winner of his Concept if the winner is using a Spektrum/JR radio.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support!
www.teamusaf3k.com
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwill6 View Post
Mystic is about 70 ft high in a tree. I can't throw shoes that high to knock it down and the tree is pretty unclimbable. Any ideas that don't involve paying $100 for somebody with a bucket lift to get it for me?
That sucks, just in case you didnt know. 70' up? If its that big a tree it ought to be climbable. I am positive there is someone in Logan who is a tree monkey. There might even be a competitive climber up there.

http://treeclimbing.com/index.php?op...ap=1&Itemid=48
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
PS, instead of Logan I went to Mt Pleasant and worked all day. More DLG $!!!!!!

It was dead calm in town all day and cool. 50 degrees was the high, but when I left town I stopped on my way home @ Fairview and flew in the rodeo grounds. Strong winds out of the South West and BUMPY as Frotto's face. Flew for 30 minutes and then stopped before I broke something. On one landing the Helios was about 2' from my hand when it went up 20' in a blink and then a downwind turn and then almost as fast got back to the hand in a huge downdraft that almost had me landing in gravel out of control.

So while the flying SUCKED, alot of people got to see a DLG which drew quite the crowd in a tiny town where almost everyone in town could see me flying.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:15 PM
SoCal
Joined May 2006
153 Posts
For Sale: Slightly used Mystic - found in tree... Make offer!

Just kidding! Did you get your plane back?

Ron R.
rrunyan is offline Find More Posts by rrunyan
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3,167 Posts
Still up there I went out and stared longingly at it this evening. I can't even throw stuff high enough to knock it down.

Thanks for the suggestion, Jon. Unfortunately, it shows no climbers in Cache Valley. I think I'll call a tree trimming service tomorrow and see 1) if they'd be willing to get it and 2) how many arms/legs/firstborn they'd charge me for it.
Last edited by bwill6; Oct 07, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:06 PM
Flying the point of the mtn.
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
465 Posts
Get another plane and try to knock it down. I stuck a plane in a tree in Arizona Chandler bowl (they have one annoying tree on landing approach) and a guy there whipped out a long PVC pipe. I am just visualizing you doing this acrobatic dance with a 70 ft pvc pole. At 30 ft, I think I ended up whacking my plane 6 or 7 times until I could get the pvc to calm down.

Take video. please.
bchristensen is offline Find More Posts by bchristensen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Videos
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:08 PM
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
465 Posts
Jon, how come you aren't on that tree climber list? If Thor from Murray is there, you should be there too!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchristensen View Post
Get another plane and try to knock it down
Don't think it didn't cross my mind! Fortunately, I thought better of the idea. It would really suck to get my P2 stuck up there too.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:23 PM
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
465 Posts
Not sure if everyone local has heard but Draper is planning on buying the land between Suncrest and Lone Peak for a steal at $5.6mil (compared to 13.4mil they spent on Corner Canyon Area). Instead of 2500 homes, they plan on keeping it Open Space park. There was even talk about grassing an area. That would sure make for a cool flying area.
RCG Plus Member