SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:01 AM
Spins With Gliders
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Aug 2005
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchristensen View Post
Have you noticed how few posts there are with Lemon busy? Drive safe guys, don't want my stuff damaged.
He just wasn't posting his comments... we were able to actually hear all his posts all weekend long....
djensen is offline Find More Posts by djensen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:36 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,209 Posts
Mike, not sure if you're awake yet or not, but now that I've had a chance to look at the score sheets.... Well Done!! I'm looking forward to the stories from this one, as all we've had are teasers so far.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:28 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,962 Posts
Well here's my report from the trip.

Thank heavens the drive over and back was enjoyable!
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined May 2002
16,962 Posts
In a related story, I figure we burned $200.00 in fuel. I spent $150.00. I lost the 1st receipt, and TBM paid for $??.00 +/- $50.00 in fuel on the way back.

But does $50.00 per person sound fair? If so thats my part of the math. I figure I owe AD some $ for the hotel, and TBM and TGHPOUDLG need to take care of the hotel split, but other that that, I think we should all be squared up.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined May 2002
16,962 Posts
PS, due to the crazy kindness of a fellow flipper I suspect I will be able to fly with a lot less stress at the next contest.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:24 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky View Post
Mike, not sure if you're awake yet or not, but now that I've had a chance to look at the score sheets.... Well Done!! I'm looking forward to the stories from this one, as all we've had are teasers so far.
Thanks. Definitely my best prelims ever. Flyoffs... well... You'll have to go read the BSOC thread to get the full story. It's too painful to write twice.

Had a great time! Managed to survive the extreme heat, and the drive, and learned that Google really does rule the universe. Just ask AD, and be prepared for an answer that lasts all the way from Cheyenne to Rock Springs.

Be prepared to see Finch with one less Concept overall, no pristine Concepts, and a new lady dressed in a tuxedo. As for LeMon, he may be flipping some nice German carbon at our next contest thanks to Frank who had a lipo incident. I tell you it pays to travel to these big events! Well, at least for some of us. Plus you miss out on all the fun.
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:59 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,209 Posts
I've read about some of the carnage and man I feel for you guys. Glad you all had a good time in spite of the 16 hours in a car with LeMon
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined May 2002
16,962 Posts
http://www.mountainmodels.com/produc...roducts_id=486

Anybody want some. I am placing order tonight.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:37 PM
Russ Young
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Mar 2006
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post

Be prepared to see Finch with
...a new lady dressed in a tuxedo.
isoarthenland is online now Find More Posts by isoarthenland
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:39 PM
Russ Young
Joined Mar 2006
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
http://www.mountainmodels.com/produc...roducts_id=486

Anybody want some. I am placing order tonight.
I'll take one. Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,032 Posts
Yes, a lady in a tux... unless he specifically asked for a male...

As for team Utah's overall performance at BSOC, congrats to Brian earning an 85.73%, and Russ an 84.42%. Very nice. Had Finch's Concept not flown away and taken a zero in that round (instead of the 1000 he easily had), plus a zero in the following round spent searching for it (and got near his average there instead); he would have finished with about 90%, and likely higher than that with his primary #1 plane. Had LeMon and AD flown all their rounds and just got their averages instead of zeros, they would have finished around 82% and 80%.That would have been pretty good with all the Utah guys above 80.
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:06 PM
Russ Young
Joined Mar 2006
1,166 Posts
...let's all go to a happy place!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:28 PM
Russ Young
Joined Mar 2006
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
Yes, a lady in a tux... unless he specifically asked for a male...

As for team Utah's overall performance at BSOC, congrats to Brian earning an 85.73%, and Russ an 84.42%. Very nice. Had Finch's Concept not flown away and taken a zero in that round (instead of the 1000 he easily had), plus a zero in the following round spent searching for it (and got near his average there instead); he would have finished with about 90%, and likely higher than that with his primary #1 plane. Had LeMon and AD flown all their rounds and just got their averages instead of zeros, they would have finished around 82% and 80%.That would have been pretty good with all the Utah guys above 80.
Congrats again Mike! I was targeting 85% this weekend. I did learn some valuable lessons....it doesn't pay to land out 4 times and throw away valuable minutes! (but I already knew that).

The other thing that I learned and put into practice and it paid off was the 2 4min task. I got my first 4 minutes going way downwind and way high to the south. I started coming home to land on 4 minutes and was reminded what Gmo had told me if there was extra time before the next launch.....go looking for your next ride, come down and haul it over there. I kept thinking...must land, I have my time, must land, I have my time. I headed over to the west side of the field quite a ways from where I had been, found some lift, came down, launched and rode it to another 4 minutes. One of my only two 1,000 rounds.

Great fun
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
Joined May 2002
16,962 Posts
Who is planning on BSONM????

I am considering flying down Friday and home Sunday. Cant find a flight that works well though as they all leave ABQ pretty early Sunday.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:45 PM
Russ Young
Joined Mar 2006
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
Who is planning on BSONM????

I am considering flying down Friday and home Sunday. Cant find a flight that works well though as they all leave ABQ pretty early Sunday.
Negotiations are underway.